Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonInTN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2011
Cookeville, TN
plus I think the reason those are cheap is that they
are "old-style" (coil does not separate from base)
and just try to clean out inventory...

I think you are right, and to further confuse the issue, they mention changing the coil on that page like the MT3S.

Also wanted to add that it is possible that the cherry flavor the OP got caused or contributed to the damage to the tank.

Last edited:

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
I think you are right, and to further confuse the issue, they mention changing the coil on that page like the MT3S.

Also wanted to add that it is possible that the cherry flavor the OP got caused or contributed to the damage to the tank.

Could be. I'll be careful. The cherry was the first I tried, then switched heads and wiped out the inside of the tank with a tissue, then the Boba's, same thing, then the spearmint, then washed it out with water. Only then did I notice the problem but it could have been developing from the start or the water might have acted like a catalyzer so that I didn't notice anything until I applied water. Whatever it was, it happened so quickly and with such a small amount of juice that I'd be hard pressed to believe the vendor doesn't know that the juice does that to plastic so it's totally on the vendor. I mean, this wasn't a case of it "might" harm your evod, it clearly harms it period.

Last edited:

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
:p heee heeee , I know your not, but it's funny (bin.there.dun.that)

ps: didn't have the heart to tell ya evod's everyday price at MBV...

Vape≈Happy :)
I've only ever bought the one that came in my first ever kit so I'm clueless on this, apparently...lol

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
The other day I asked for comments on a certain vendor and was warned that they are unscrupulous because they hijacked another vendor's trademark product. I was adamant about giving the vendor the benefit of the doubt and this ticked a few people off but I stood my ground, resigned to try the product first before passing judgement. I can now say without a doubt that I should have listened to the warnings. The juice that arrived today was just horrible. The BB (you know what that stands for) tasted like instant coffee with powdered creamer in it. The cherry was, I don't know, cherry I guess. The Spearmint tasted like vicks vapor rub so I decided to clean out the tank completely. After that I noticed that some condensation was lingering in the evod tank that I couldn't get rid of for the life of me, until I shone a flashlight in there and realized it wasn't condensation at all. The juice had totally corroded the tank. There are now flakes of plastic peeling off inside the tank. Mind you, this was just with a few DROPS of this certain vendor's e-juice. I've heard that some juices can crack a plastic tank but whatever causes that, this juice must have the maximum amount of it in it. I have another mint flavored juice from another company that tastes much better and didn't corrode the tank so I would have to assume it was made that way simply out of cheapness. I'm out an evod tank; luckily I have a spare. I'm also done with buying anything plastic from now on because it's a crap shoot if you want to try different stuff from different vendors. So I admit it. I was absolutely wrong about this vendor. If you can figure out which one I'm talking about, stay away from them and continue to warn others about them: hopefully others won't be as stubborn about it as I was and if they are, they'll learn the hard way.

If you wanted to see some interesting pictures of what certain flavors can do to tanks, scroll down to the bottom. There is also a video of a clearo that bites the dust with the camera rolling.

RIP.gif

EEEKKK! What happened to my tank?

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
some juices contain flavors NOT on the list of tank crackers but do seem over time to cloud up plastics. I have a DIY Butterscotch (20% TFA butterscotch flavor, 1 mg nic, 50/50 pg/vg) that I have had in a certain Smok DCT plastic carto tank for about 4 months (yes I clean it and change the carto regularly.I only use that juice in that tank though). It is now showing signs of fogging up.

The list is a great starting point but certainly not complete we will find more as time passes I am sure.

Gary Mcroy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Im into flavored tobacco's mostly, and almost everything I own is glass so Ive never had to worry much about cracking tanks. But Pluid will do it quick. I had a the plastic AGR cartotank (that luckily comes with 2 sized tubes) that it destroyed fast. Nice that I still can use it though, just have to use standard cartos now as I killed the xl tube. Lesson for me is dont buy anything plastic.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
I think that's how I found my way to this site...looking for glass tanks. It was right after I bought my first kit and the guy at the store said that they didn't have cinnamon flavored juice because it melts the tanks. I figured there had to be a way (I wanted CINNAMON, dammit!) so I went online, found Protank 2s, and ECF came up in a lot of my searches.

I haven't bought a plastic tank since that first kit and now I'm using glass cartotanks (mostly). I just didn't want to have to worry about melting plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread