Old dog trying to learn new tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrammaCool

Feb 17, 2012
San Antonio
Had my last cigarette three days ago after almost fifty years of smoking. It made me sad to write that sentence. I wanted to quit, but never could make it happen. I accidentally stumbled across this site and was curious about electronic cigarettes. So I went to the grocery store and bought a starter kit. Haven't had an analog since and have ordered a Joye 510 that I'm anxious to try. See there, I'm already learning the lingo! Not bad for someone on Social Security. I truly believe the pv is going to be the answer I've been searching for all this time. I want to kiss my grandikids without worrying about my breath, I want to smell roses again, and I want to stop being ashamed of smoking. Miracles happen. And maybe someday I'll figure out how to answer my cell phone without fumbling around. I do know support is key; thank you for this forum.

VapoVamp

ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2011
N.C.
Kudos!Cool, Hang in there it willl become more than a lifstyle a HOBBY!!!!!(I'VE GOT TO stop BUYING STUFF):oops:I have 6 GRANDBABIES & they love to smell my joose(e-liquid)...Before, I'd run them away(DIDN'T WANT THEM TO HAVE SECOND HAND ANALOG CRAP) I smoked over 40 years and thank GOD and the e-cig developer everyday. I wouldn't have the knowledge if it weren't for my ECF family...Thank you ECF!!!:)Hang tight and there's alway's someone lurking around here. Welcome!! See you in the Vapehaze Cool:vapor:
Had my last cigarette three days ago after almost fifty years of smoking. It made me sad to write that sentence. I wanted to quit, but never could make it happen. I accidentally stumbled across this site and was curious about electronic cigarettes. So I went to the grocery store and bought a starter kit. Haven't had an analog since and have ordered a Joye 510 that I'm anxious to try. See there, I'm already learning the lingo! Not bad for someone on Social Security. I truly believe the pv is going to be the answer I've been searching for all this time. I want to kiss my grandikids without worrying about my breath, I want to smell roses again, and I want to stop being ashamed of smoking. Miracles happen. And maybe someday I'll figure out how to answer my cell phone without fumbling around. I do know support is key; thank you for this forum.

nansc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
New Hampshire
Hi and welcome.I'm in the same boat,been smoking a little over 50 years too.I found it helpful to watch some you tube videos when I couldn't understand stuff Everyone on here is very friendly and will help you out too.Read all the stickies the're full of information too.There was a guy online yesterday who was seventy.Just take it slow and everything will fall into place.

My husband can't figure out the cellphone either.I have to program all the numbers in for him.The 510 is what I started with too.Good Luck to you.

GrammaCool

Feb 17, 2012
San Antonio
Thanks for your support. Crazy how paranoid I became about the smell of cigarettes. For the past two years I have only smoked on the front porch...not fun when it's 104 degrees or there's a blue norther blowing. And the worst was at night because that's when the scorpions come out. Talk about stress level! I could suck a cigarette down in record time just to get back indoors! Nice to be able to vape indoors, and I'm assuming this is safe? At least it doesn't stink.

GrammaCool

Feb 17, 2012
San Antonio
Thank you for the welcome. It IS a bit like drinking from a firehose, but I'm going to hang in there. The support is wonderful because I'm not getting it from my husband right now. He thinks ecigs are a "gimmick". Hey, they must be working because his pack is laying right there and I haven't touched it in three days. No desire to go there.

bev135

Sep 14, 2011
Colorado
If ecigs are a gimmick, then, I love gimmicks!
I am 50 years old and smoked since I was a teenager. Over the years I had tried everything to quit -- gum, patches, a device that poked holes in cigarettes, anti-depressants -- and nothing worked. Then I found this forum and the success stories encouraged me to at least try it. I got my first starter kit last July and immediately cut down to just a few cigarettes a day. I gave up analogs entirely in mid-October. I'm still hesitant to say that I've quit smoking because I'm afraid of failure but I can say that I haven't had a cigarette in over 4 months. Something I haven't been able to say for over 30 years!

Hang in there and before you know it, smoking won't seem "normal" anymore and you won't even think about it. Maybe your husband will come around when he sees your success.

Bring on the gimmicks! :)

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thanks for your kind words. Yes, I'd love for my husband to switch - but it's a personal choice. All I can do is set an example.

Welcome GrammaCool. Just hang in there and take it a day at a time. Your hubby will see soon that this is much more than a gimmick. But if it is I will take it. I was a bit doubtful at first but no more. It took hubby a bit longer than me (he had a few issues at first but I think we have them worked out now) but he too is smoke free now.

Welcome to our home away from home where everyone is friendly and oh so helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread