Old Member Looking For Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outre

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
CA, US
Hello all,

I joined here a long time go when 510s and eGo's were big, Spring 2011 I think. Years, and a new artificial hip, later I got the gist that I needed to update and/or stock up.

juice I have no trouble with since I've been getting liters of unflavored VG direct from the lab and have already been in phone contact with them regarding this.

However, my really e-cig is really old style and soon (3-6 weeks) here I will be out of atomizers for the eGo-C pass through I've used for years.

Here's the thing. I am so confused. I have no idea what to buy.

All I can do is try to give my likes and dislikes and hope someone can help me out with deciding what the next thing is I should get.

Basically I am still using an eGo-C Pass through ...

- Easy to assemble, disassemble and clean
- Easy to use
- Delivery is key - throat hit is not a consideration.
- Pass through would be nice, but not a requirement at this time

Dislikes:
-Computerization that is superfluous
-Bright and flashy that serves no purpose.

I guess I have to give up on whistle aka flat tips. What I am looking for is something pretty dependable. Price I would like is between 30-80 dollars US.

Sorry if I sound like some throwback, but I never really got into the mechanics of e-cigs, once I had a workable setup I was happy.

Any assistance in the form of education, links, whatever, will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
Outre

I was not very clear in this OP so I will include the link to the exact product I have been using for 11 years here;
eGo-C Starter Kit - Joyetech Electronic Cigarette

Last edited:

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    You probably aren't aware but as of today, the vast majority of online shop have stopped shipping and many have shut down. This is due to a mail ban that was passed in December that forbids USPS from shipping vape related items. UPS, FedEx, and DHL have followed suit. The sites that haven't stopped have limited shipping areas, high shipping rates, and unsure futures. Really the only practical place for you to get supplies is your local vape shops, so it would be best for you to see what they carry. Sorry to be the bearer of sad tidings.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Tough time right now.

Couple questions:

- What exact tank (clearomizer) are you using?

- The eGo batts, are they just regular or are they variable voltage?

- Are you willing to go with a small box mod?

- Do you want something with a replaceable battery or built-in battery?

Last edited:

DallasLiza

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 4, 2013
    I found myself in the same boat 2 months ago. Started vaping in 2013 and soon found Vision Vivi Nova tanks and paired them with bigger ego batteries. Been using those on 2600 Ego pen styled Clover Overlord batts for a number of years. By the time they quit making the coils, I fortunately had about 250 of them.

That set up worked well for me so I never upgraded. I especially liked the fact that I could get several weeks out of one coil with regular cleaning and dry burning. At any rate, a couple months ago, with shipping ban on the horizon , I realized I should stock up. I upgraded substantially and have been thrilled with the improvement. I stlll have 200 VN coils and I'll use them but I'm really glad I've got other options now.

Since it's not likely you'll be able to receive online orders now, I agree that your best option is to visit and/or call a local vape shop and explain what you're looking to find. With your budget, you'll probably find something you like very well and hopefully will be pleasantly surprised that you stepped out to find something new that meets your criteria - easy to assemble, disassemble and clean.
    Sorry it doesn't seem like I can be of much help. Only want to let you know that you can likely find something you will like very much.

• Useful
    Reactions: Izan

DallasLiza

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 4, 2013
    I decided to go with external battery mods. Single battery, Aegis Solo and AsMODus. Liked them so well I bought several more.

For tanks, I bought Zenith 4ml and Zenith Zlide 4 ml, many of them. They're easy to use and assemble and I can't believe what I've been missing all these years. The Zenith top fill can be a little hard for me to twist, but that's only because I got old fingers still doing 11+ hrs of hard finger work every day. I also bought some Aspire Tigon tanks. I think they quit making those but you can still find the coils. Yes, now I have a boat load of coils for these three tank versions.

Being so pleased with the new mods, I decided to go ahead and buy some dual battery, the Vaporesso Gen and Aegis X. Liked them so well I bought several more because I'm looking many years down the road. Two months ago, I didn't know the first thing about new gear. I came here, read like a mad woman, and made a friend who answers all my panicky questions.

Most of my new acquisitions will be boxed up and out of sight until they're needed but I'll sleep better at night knowing they're there. I figure I got 20 yrs left in this life. I'd like to go out with a vape.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    However, my really e-cig is really old style and soon (3-6 weeks) here I will be out of atomizers for the eGo-C pass through I've used for years.

I guess I have to give up on whistle aka flat tips.

Any assistance in the form of education, links, whatever, will be highly appreciated.

I'll send you a PM (private message) before noon. At the upper right of any page on ECF...you'll see your "Inbox" with an envelope in front of it. When a message has come in...it will show a number in a red square. Hover over it with your mouse, and a drop down box will show you a link to click on...to read the message and respond to it.

I'm very familiar with the set-up you've been using. I know for sure that I can help you with it, and more. Please...wait to hear from me, and you won't have to entirely give up on whistle tips! :)

Last edited:

Outre

ECF Veteran
    Mar 28, 2011
    CA, US
    You probably aren't aware but as of today, the vast majority of online shop have stopped shipping and many have shut down. This is due to a mail ban that was passed in December that forbids USPS from shipping vape related items. UPS, FedEx, and DHL have followed suit. The sites that haven't stopped have limited shipping areas, high shipping rates, and unsure futures. Really the only practical place for you to get supplies is your local vape shops, so it would be best for you to see what they carry. Sorry to be the bearer of sad tidings.

Was aware of it due to an email from my vape liquid supplier. Secured that, life intervenes, back at the comp and trying to secure hardware.

Thanks

Reactions: Opinionated

Outre

ECF Veteran
    Mar 28, 2011
    CA, US
    Tough time right now.

Couple questions:

- What exact tank (clearomizer) are you using?

- The eGo batts, are they just regular or are they variable voltage?

- Are you willing to go with a small box mod?

- Do you want something with a replaceable battery or built-in battery?

No tanks, cartridges with plastic whistle tips. Joy-tech product page yes, I have exactly that product shown;

Regular, no variable voltage. Built in battery. I had variable voltage and they all failed on me while the regulars are still firing. Not an electrician so left the variables in a box somewhere.

Not really into mods. I really, really want something simple like the eGo-C. Open the product box, put it together and use. Take apart, clean in minutes, use again. I am so not into the "thing" I just want it to deliver.

I'm not a tinkerer, actually avoid any tinkering because at this stage in my life I have trouble remembering the order things go back together. I have a vacuum sitting in a closet that can attest to that.

Outre

ECF Veteran
    Mar 28, 2011
    CA, US
    I found myself in the same boat 2 months ago. Started vaping in 2013 and soon found Vision Vivi Nova tanks and paired them with bigger ego batteries. Been using those on 2600 Ego pen styled Clover Overlord batts for a number of years. By the time they quit making the coils, I fortunately had about 250 of them.

That set up worked well for me so I never upgraded. I especially liked the fact that I could get several weeks out of one coil with regular cleaning and dry burning. At any rate, a couple months ago, with shipping ban on the horizon , I realized I should stock up. I upgraded substantially and have been thrilled with the improvement. I stlll have 200 VN coils and I'll use them but I'm really glad I've got other options now.

Since it's not likely you'll be able to receive online orders now, I agree that your best option is to visit and/or call a local vape shop and explain what you're looking to find. With your budget, you'll probably find something you like very well and hopefully will be pleasantly surprised that you stepped out to find something new that meets your criteria - easy to assemble, disassemble and clean.
    Sorry it doesn't seem like I can be of much help. Only want to let you know that you can likely find something you will like very much.

I should have put the link to what I was using in the OP, it was late and I didn't know if I could find the page or if it was still there. I'll fix that but here is the link to exactly what I've used for the last ten years so you don't have to scroll up;

I'm really looking for assistance with experience. I started this entire vape experience with a mall e-cigarette my husband got for me in 2011. I knew e-cigarettes would finally solve my problem of wanting to quit paper tobacco cigarettes, but it was an unsatisfactory experience so, I searched online.

Found this forum and got my first eGo starter kit. Since they were so easy to use and clean I stayed with eGo for the duration, but, things have changed remarkably and I don't know what compares to the eGo setup.

Are there similar? Better? In which way?

Reactions: Opinionated

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I would suggest a pod system. There are numerous ones and you can watch the Member Classifieds and Swaps section for one.

In looking around, I noticed Element Vape - Online Vape Shop - Vape Mods, Kits & E-Liquid is still shipping to most states. I have done business with them before. I would get one of their pod systems and as many coils as you can afford. Shipping is free at $100. Avoid anything by Smok, they do not have a reputation for good products. Innokin and Vaporesso are good brands.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2013
    az
    I still have my first kit which was the same as yours. It still charges. I don't think I have more atomizers or tanks. You're welcome to it.

You might want to look into something like this eGo AIO - Joyetech Electronic Cigarette
    It doesn't come with a flat tip, but you can interchange the tips for a flat one (cheap). There was one in the classifieds.

I don't know what state you're in or what your options are. One of the problems with anything you get will be continued support, such as atomizers or coils. The future is hard to predict right now.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    You can buy old gear online (maybe) but you will be back at square one in a year or less. Not to mention most likely you will be buying old stock and the batteries may not last long.

And you will never find any of that stuff in local vape shops.

Your absolute best bet at this point in time:

Go to some local vape shops, tell them you want the simplest and most popular refillable pod system they have and learn to like it.

Why the most popular? Because when you need new atomizer heads they are more likely to have them in stock when you need to buy more. If they don't another store probably will.

Dislikes:
    -Computerization that is superfluous
    -Bright and flashy that serves no purpose.

That makes it easy.

My suggestion for you: Uwell Caliburn G pod system

Good luck.

Outre

ECF Veteran
    Mar 28, 2011
    CA, US
    I would suggest a pod system. There are numerous ones and you can watch the Member Classifieds and Swaps section for one.

In looking around, I noticed Element Vape - Online Vape Shop - Vape Mods, Kits & E-Liquid is still shipping to most states. I have done business with them before. I would get one of their pod systems and as many coils as you can afford. Shipping is free at $100. Avoid anything by Smok, they do not have a reputation for good products. Innokin and Vaporesso are good brands.

Thanks for your reply.

A friend of my husband was pushing SMOK so yeay! dodged a bullet there. Should have known since he doesn't believe there is any ban - go figure on some folks not at least checking the Internet.

What are coils? Similar to atomizers?

Reactions: Izan

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    As an example: Caliburn G pod system

From left to right:

1) Battery unit,
    2) replaceable coil (aka atomizer)
    3) tank (aka pod)

9731433-6.jpg

• Useful
    Reactions: Javichu

Outre

ECF Veteran
    Mar 28, 2011
    CA, US
    I still have my first kit which was the same as yours. It still charges. I don't think I have more atomizers or tanks. You're welcome to it.

You might want to look into something like this eGo AIO - Joyetech Electronic Cigarette
    It doesn't come with a flat tip, but you can interchange the tips for a flat one (cheap). There was one in the classifieds.

I don't know what state you're in or what your options are. One of the problems with anything you get will be continued support, such as atomizers or coils. The future is hard to predict right now.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

I'm in the not so great state of California. Would have moved before now but a broken hip delayed that considerably.

At any rate, I think I may want to upgrade to something more modern due to the fact that I was already having a hard time finding atomizers for my set up. You keep the kit, who knows, we all may be falling back to old tech in the long run.

(I'm putting commas in my sentences, I swear, but sometimes they are vanishing when posted)

In random ruminating I've thought that I could smear the vape liquid on my gums as some older folks did with some other substances in the past - LOL at self. ;)

I'll look at the Joye site. Thanks!

Reactions: Mordacai

Outre

ECF Veteran
    Mar 28, 2011
    CA, US
    As an example: Caliburn G pod system

From left to right:

1) Battery unit,
    2) replaceable coil (aka atomizer)
    3) tank (aka pod)

9731433-6.jpg

Hey thanks! This is the hard part - knowing all the parts so I get the right stuff and enough of the parts that need to be changed.

Some store sites have the parts and accessories listed somewhere in the same page as the main unit, but some do not making it difficult to figure out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread