Not open for further replies.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    There's another fly in the ointment, too. Shipping is high as it has to be sent by priority mail with signature verification and they dont ship to all states. Some states add a whopping high vape tax as well. Of course, if you live in one of these states, that same tax will be collected in a vape shop as well.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    However that bad part is that you will be hard pressed to find a suitable clearomizer for an ego in a local vape shop or even an ego battery for that matter. Pod systems have taken the place of the Ego.

I'll disagree on this based on the fact these are popular for cbd/thc and still for the nic crowd use. Those I know who utilize clearomizers/ego batteries get them from vape shops, a friend recently picked me up a few vision spinners from her vape shop because my son liberated all the ones I had. Vapable THC from the dispensaries here is sold reasonably priced in prefilled clearos. Even the online vape shops that carried the latest/greatest still had a good selection of clearos/ego (or ego styled) batteries. They should be way easier to obtain than open systems and flavored nic eliquid going forward.

aubergine

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 22, 2010
    MD
    I feel ya. I'm sorry for all of us old fashioned vapers, cause I hate the stores. If you have a choice of stores and employees, pick the oldest guy/girl. The 'kids' have no patience with us, I find. I "upgraded" from your type set-up to a Kangertech SINGLE 18650 battery mod (just a battery holder really) a few years ago. Then got a simple Aspire tank that takes cheap BVC coils. I don't need to be flashy or matchy. Then 4 batteries from IMR batteries, and a dual battery charger. That's all the hardware I have bought in the last 2 years. Good luck!
    (P.S. - you can always write down what the store says or has and come back here and ask REAL advice ;) )

Me too, basically, and I'm currently scouring the web for coils for those excellent old Aspire tanks, they're disappearing FAST. I like it simple and have kept it that way since 2009. I've managed to stock up what I need for DIY juice for maybe a year, but I'm an old lady and don't want to fool with DIY coils dammit. It sure did get complicated and crappy fast, though I saw it coming. I've got 2 low wattage Geekvape waterproof mods (I'm a potter and I drown everything in wet clay, these things are great) and 2 big nautilus tanks, all the gear quantity I've ever needed, and a bookcase full of DIY stuff now, and I'm running out of COILS. And money. You can only yank so much out of a SS check every month. Gonna wean down and quit I guess, but I hate this bitterly. Weary. Goodbye little miracle.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: JCinFLA

Kai'ckul

Aug 14, 2021
    East Coast
    youtu.be
    Hello all,

I joined here a long time go when 510s and eGo's were big, Spring 2011 I think. Years, and a new artificial hip, later I got the gist that I needed to update and/or stock up.

Juice I have no trouble with since I've been getting liters of unflavored VG direct from the lab and have already been in phone contact with them regarding this.

However, my really e-cig is really old style and soon (3-6 weeks) here I will be out of atomizers for the eGo-C pass through I've used for years.

Here's the thing. I am so confused. I have no idea what to buy.

All I can do is try to give my likes and dislikes and hope someone can help me out with deciding what the next thing is I should get.

Basically I am still using an eGo-C Pass through ...

- Easy to assemble, disassemble and clean
    - Easy to use
    - Delivery is key - throat hit is not a consideration.
    - Pass through would be nice, but not a requirement at this time

Dislikes:
    -Computerization that is superfluous
    -Bright and flashy that serves no purpose.

I guess I have to give up on whistle aka flat tips. What I am looking for is something pretty dependable. Price I would like is between 30-80 dollars US.

Sorry if I sound like some throwback, but I never really got into the mechanics of e-cigs, once I had a workable setup I was happy.

Any assistance in the form of education, links, whatever, will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Outre

I was not very clear in this OP so I will include the link to the exact product I have been using for 11 years here;
    eGo-C Starter Kit - Joyetech Electronic Cigarette

Kai'ckul

Aug 14, 2021
    East Coast
    youtu.be
    hey there. I'm on the East Coast...lock down, clock down and still receiving all my goods in bulk from:Element Vape - Online Vape Shop - Vape Mods, Kits & E-Liquid I have to pay for adult sig....vape tax...etc. As to a mod...anything pod is illegal here and generally I don't recommend any juices using "salt". Look for a basic mod with mid wattage---50-70....a kit that includes a tank etc. If you know a local vape shop that's open....go there...it's cheaper than paying extra fees. They will also show you how to set up your mod....and prime your atomizer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread