Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
9731433-6.jpg

Pretty simple to use.

-Charge apparatus
-Prime coil.
which means just apply a drop or two of e-liquid in the sides of the coil,see it's all metal but it has some holes with cotton in it? there you apply the drops
-Insert coil in pod and then fill the pod with e-liquid
Let it sit for 10 or 15 minutes so the coil is primed and ready,you don't want any dry hits.

Use said device and enjoy.

Basically these instructions apply to all systems that are like this,once you start losing flavor and maybe tastes a bit burnt it means you need a new coil.
Just repeat the instructions i gave you before and you ready to vape again.

Hey thanks! This is the hard part - knowing all the parts so I get the right stuff and enough of the parts that need to be changed.

Some store sites have the parts and accessories listed somewhere in the same page as the main unit, but some do not making it difficult to figure out.

If you get a vape product like this and are unsure on how to use it you can still drop by a vape shop and ask them to show you it works,but it's pretty easy and straightforward.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Oh, by the way, any modern atomizer you buy these days will have cotton wicks as opposed to silica wicks. That means you cannot rinse and dry burn them to reuse them like you could do with old atomizers with silica wicks. You just throw them out unless you want to go through the pain of trying to rebuild them with new wire and cotton.

The up-side is that they taste 500 times better.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    At any rate, I think I may want to upgrade to something more modern due to the fact that I was already having a hard time finding atomizers for my set up.

The nice thing about your Ego C kit is that the batteries are just ego batteries. They have both a 510 thread and an Ego thread. Therefore you can use any ego or 510 threaded clearomizer on them as long as the battery still works.

However that bad part is that you will be hard pressed to find a suitable clearomizer for an ego in a local vape shop or even an ego battery for that matter. Pod systems have taken the place of the Ego.

My favorite clearomizer tank to use on an ego (yes I still use egos myself here and there) is the Kanger Evod (version 1) with a Kanger SOCC atomizer head (not SSOCC, that is a different atomizer). But there again, you will be hard pressed to find these in a local vape store. Had you come here 4 weeks ago, I could sent you a tank and a coil and could have have directed you to a place that has the clearomizer and the coils cheap. But they are out of stock now.

Last edited:

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Thanks for your reply.

A friend of my husband was pushing SMOK so yeay! dodged a bullet there. Should have known since he doesn't believe there is any ban - go figure on some folks not at least checking the Internet.

What are coils? Similar to atomizers?

Yes, atomizer is now what we call anything that makes the vape--a clearomizer, a tank, a rebuildable (RTA or RBA) are all atties and the coil goes in the atomizer and has to be changed or rebuilt every once in awhile. Don't worry about rebuildables right now.

You know, I just looked up your ego-c passthrough. It may be possible for you to keep that aspect and get a clearomizer and coils. Here is a link for the Aspire Nautilus and there is a link for the coils on the page. It should fit your 510 passthrough. If not there are adapters that can be purchased. You might want to consider a backup system should your passthrough give up the ghost though. This would be where a visit to your local vape shop would come in handy.

Aspire K2 Clearomizer 15mm Tank

Outre

ECF Veteran
    Mar 28, 2011
    CA, US
    You can buy old gear online (maybe) but you will be back at square one in a year or less. Not to mention most likely you will be buying old stock and the batteries may not last long.

And you will never find any of that stuff in local vape shops.

Your absolute best bet at this point in time:

Go to some local vape shops, tell them you want the simplest and most popular refillable pod system they have and learn to like it.

Why the most popular? Because when you need new atomizer heads they are more likely to have them in stock when you need to buy more. If they don't another store probably will.

That makes it easy.

My suggestion for you: Uwell Caliburn G pod system

Good luck.

Thanks for your informative replies :)

Yes I realize that eventually I will have to visit the local shops. In my area that means usually a cigarette/cigar shop for nearby. My experience with the staff at some of these shops from my cigarette days is that they will really try to steer you to more expensive products so know before you go is important.

For some reason they always tried to sell me imported cigarettes even though I was buying more expensive - at the time - cigarettes in American Spirit organic. When Price Club/Costco started selling them in cartons I gave up on the local smoke shops.

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 27, 2013
    OKC, OK
    My wife uses the caliburn crown and some regular caliburns, they work well. Vuse isn’t bad either, pods aren’t designed to be refilled tho and get expensive. If you do decide not to go with JCinFLA, there’s quite a few good simple pod systems. I gotta tell you, JCinFLA always seems to come thru though, don’t decide anything until you see the message.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    My wife uses the caliburn crown and some regular caliburns, they work well. Vuse isn’t bad either, pods aren’t designed to be refilled tho and get expensive. If you do decide not to go with JCinFLA, there’s quite a few good simple pod systems. I gotta tell you, JCinFLA always seems to come thru though, don’t decide anything until you see the message.

There are plenty of refillable pods on the market, for example the Innokin Sceptre.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @Outre, don't cry down tanks. As there's a fair few MTL tanks to choose from that you're totally unaware of and they're not that complicated at all.

Freemax Fireluke 22 is really simple. Unscrew tank from mod, unscrew base, remove old coil, put new coil in, screw base back on, screw tank to mod and reset resistance for new coil.

Just giving you options only.

And this is fortuitous, we have a giveaway on the forum that may interest you.

Win Freemax Onnix 20W Green Limited Edition For ECF Members

Outre

ECF Veteran
    Mar 28, 2011
    CA, US
    Oh, okay :) This is the order I got a confirmed shipping on;

2 - eGo-C Type B Atomizer Base + Cone
    4 - eGo-C Atomizer Heads Type B (5-Pack)
    2 - eGo-C Soft Caps (10-Pack)(Type: Type B)
    2 - Ovale eGo-C Kit Type B

Just checked Joyetech USA and they report shipping label creation but not shipped just yet
    2 - eGo Pod 1000mAh Kit
    3 - eGo Pod Cartridge (5pcs)

Element Vape is processing my order but no label or tracking yet
    1 - Uwell CALIBURN G 18W Pod System
    1 - Uwell CALIBURN G Replacement Pods
    2 - Uwell Caliburn G Replacement Coils
    0.8ohm UN2 Mesh Coils <--- only option on this one & now Out Of Stock

My order of 12 mg VG 2 liters is still not filled but the source I used always took longer to get it in the mail. I have half a liter left and I'm a slow vaper so I'm not yet worried and have another wonderful option should I need to find another source. A liter lasts me about a year give or take 2 weeks or so depending on stress levels - lol!

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    My order of 12 mg VG 2 liters is still not filled but the source I used always took longer to get it in the mail.

Who is your source? I'd like to add them to my list if nic vendors so others can benefit from it. Stocks and sources are getting scarce. Out of about 15 sources, only 4 are left that are shipping to end users.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I believe the vendor is on this site - Nude Nicotine.

Just an FYI, they gave notice last week that they are so backlogged that any orders that haven't been able to be shipped out by April 5 will be refunded and not fulfilled.

Important Customer Notice

Any orders that aren’t processed by the shipping deadline of April 5th, 2021 will be refunded in full.

Outre

ECF Veteran
    Mar 28, 2011
    CA, US
    Just an FYI, they gave notice last week that they are so backlogged that any orders that haven't been able to be shipped out by April 5 will be refunded and not fulfilled.

Important Customer Notice

I know that. I spoke with someone from the company. Imho a regular customer may want to try a phone call before giving up on them ::taps the side of my nose twice::

Liz W

Jul 14, 2012
    California
    I feel ya. I'm sorry for all of us old fashioned vapers, cause I hate the stores. If you have a choice of stores and employees, pick the oldest guy/girl. The 'kids' have no patience with us, I find. I "upgraded" from your type set-up to a Kangertech SINGLE 18650 battery mod (just a battery holder really) a few years ago. Then got a simple Aspire tank that takes cheap BVC coils. I don't need to be flashy or matchy. Then 4 batteries from IMR batteries, and a dual battery charger. That's all the hardware I have bought in the last 2 years. Good luck!
    (P.S. - you can always write down what the store says or has and come back here and ask REAL advice ;) )

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
    Aug 21, 2013
    USA & Canada
    You probably aren't aware but as of today, the vast majority of online shop have stopped shipping and many have shut down. This is due to a mail ban that was passed in December that forbids USPS from shipping vape related items. UPS, FedEx, and DHL have followed suit. The sites that haven't stopped have limited shipping areas, high shipping rates, and unsure futures. Really the only practical place for you to get supplies is your local vape shops, so it would be best for you to see what they carry. Sorry to be the bearer of sad tidings.
    This is extremely troubling not to mention UN-fair.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread