The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

OMG Dude...

Discussion in 'The GG' started by MrKrinkle, Nov 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MrKrinkle

MrKrinkle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    OMG Dude.... the UFS is so cool I love it... I finally came home to my waiting UFS last night and this morning cleaned it up lubed it down slapped in a DC Carto and bam just started vaping away... I love how it fits on the GG with a 16340 AW IMR its so petite and pretty.... I have noticed that with 100% VG juice that the fluid control needs to be all the way open with the cartos Im using at least the one Im using now anyway... but anyway I just really wanted to say the UFS is very very cool I like it I like it a lot and I was a little worried I wouldnt cause well it was competing against my iAtty which I will always love very much but now I have a mistress and her name is UFS... Things are still a bit tight to turn the Air & Juice control but I like it I dont worry about it changing my adjustments on me when its in my pocket or something.... Thanks Imeo you make the coolest stuff for vaping for sure!!!

Oh and if I will be able to use my UFS with Odysseus I just might end up loving it more than my iAtty which is huge cause I make way better coils than China does...

2. fright88

fright88 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 21, 2011
    Loveland CO
    I feel the same way I loved my AVS and iAtty but my UFS replaced my AVS and while iAtty is a different beast the 2 contend for my time. I also just got some 3.2 AW's in the mail today and got to try 6v man this thing rocks my socks off with a DC and 6v I just wish the battery life was a little longer.

3. MrKrinkle

Feb 13, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    AW IMR 3.2v??? is there such a beast??? and what ohm are you using with the 6v set up???

4. fright88

Supporting member
    May 21, 2011
    Loveland CO
    Sorry they aren't IMR I don't think just regular AW LiFeP04

5. MrKrinkle

Feb 13, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    No worries thats cool its a personal thing for me that I only use AW IMR batteries but its because I run the GG without springs or fuses and the IMR is the safe choice for this type of set up... but soon we shall have VV and I will so rock all the voltages my lil heart desires...

6. B-Rad_The_Mad_Vapr

B-Rad_The_Mad_Vapr Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2010
    In a pile of sawdust
    The LiFePo4 are just as safe as the IMR batts. I run mine the same way, no spring right on the post ;)

7. MrKrinkle

Feb 13, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    I will respectfully disagree as a 10 year electronics broker my faith in IC's is slim to none especially where we place a lot of pressure on the IC itself... Lithium Ion should they fail can explode and burn and an IC protection is only safe if the IC itself actually works so IMHO no lithium ion based battery cell is safe and I am content to use LiMN technology aka AW IMR batteries as this eliminates any and all possibility of what could be a dangerous failure more commonly associated with Lithium Ion cells... I will say that AW IMR isnt 100% fool proof and need to be treated with respect as no rechargeable battery is 100% safe and should be handled accordingly.... but my money is on the safer of the bunch...

8. womblebat

womblebat Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 22, 2008
    UK
    LiFePo4 aren't lithium-ion MrKrinkle, they are another "safer chemistry" battery

I run two tenergy LiFePo4's with a dual coil cart in the UFS (without spring) but i fully agree with your thoughts on stacking lithium-ions, russian roulette springs to mind

9. dspin

dspin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2010
    USA

Lithium Iron Phosphate (LifePo4)and Lithium Manganese (LiMn or IMR) use safe chemistry

10. zuTma

zuTma Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2010
    Croatia, Zagreb
    lol to me is opposite. I was married to my ufs and I thought it will be till death do us part, but when I met iatty my whole world has changed and now my ufs just sitting in his garage all sad and alone :( But better days are comming and ufs will get acquainted with Odyss and we will live happily for ever after:lol:

11. Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2011
    Lakeland Florida
    Zuma, I'm with you. iAtty changed the entire game for me, but it's all about your setup and vaping style. Odysseus is going to bring our two worlds together in one tidy, neat package... I can't wait! :D

12. MrKrinkle

Feb 13, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Do the LifePO4 use an IC protection circuit???

13. Repent

Repent Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2010
    Central Oregon
    No, the protection is in the chemistry of the battery itself.

-Lithium-iron-phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries are based on the original lithium-ion chemistry, but LiFePO4 is used as the cathode material instead of lithium cobalt dioxide

14. Moshmarr

Moshmarr Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    Minneapolis
    +1!
    Sorry to derail, just thought of something related to that subject
    -
    Click below, if we can get ahold of some spare UFS ring-above-the-clear windows, you can do this right now lol- excellent illustration by Zor of course!
    http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx348/Zoranth/iAtty%20UFS%20Mod/iAtty-UFSModAssembly.jpg

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/215835-good-modders-people-least-2-ufs-1-iatty.html

I had forgotten about the imonster here for a bit but was curious I must say...anyone try it?

15. Dream

Dream Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 19, 2011
    Redondo Beach
    So I can only run without a spring for only LiFePO4's and IMR's?
    Not the (IC Pretected) AW 18650's?

16. Dream

Dream Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 19, 2011
    Redondo Beach
  17. gratefulbuddy

gratefulbuddy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2010
    KC MO USA
    This makes me think: If the battery spring is supposed to act as a fuse, as some have suggested, why the fuse upgrade kit?

18. fright88

Supporting member
    May 21, 2011
    Loveland CO
    It is possible to tighten your ggts down so much that even if the battery spring collapses it will still fire. With the fuse this can't happen. Also I could be wrong but because of all the contact points the fuse upgrade would have better contact then a regular spring.

19. fright88

Supporting member
    May 21, 2011
    Loveland CO
    I think that is a personal call if you remove the spring you remove 1 extra measure of protection from the GGTS. If you are confident in the PCB and the vent holes then you can use protected batterys without the spring.

With the spring with a protected battery if it fails the PCB should shut it down if it doesn't the spring should collapse if that fails then the vent holes should stop the battery from "blowing up" since the heat and gasses have places to escape.

Without the spring if the PCB doesn't shut the battery down then your last fallback is the vent holes.

20. gratefulbuddy

gratefulbuddy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2010
    KC MO USA
    Without the spring to act as a buffer wouldn't it be easier to crush or damage the pcb protection?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.