Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
OMG Dude.... the UFS is so cool I love it... I finally came home to my waiting UFS last night and this morning cleaned it up lubed it down slapped in a DC Carto and bam just started vaping away... I love how it fits on the GG with a 16340 AW IMR its so petite and pretty.... I have noticed that with 100% VG juice that the fluid control needs to be all the way open with the cartos Im using at least the one Im using now anyway... but anyway I just really wanted to say the UFS is very very cool I like it I like it a lot and I was a little worried I wouldnt cause well it was competing against my iAtty which I will always love very much but now I have a mistress and her name is UFS... Things are still a bit tight to turn the Air & Juice control but I like it I dont worry about it changing my adjustments on me when its in my pocket or something.... Thanks Imeo you make the coolest stuff for vaping for sure!!!

Oh and if I will be able to use my UFS with Odysseus I just might end up loving it more than my iAtty which is huge cause I make way better coils than China does...

Last edited:

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
I feel the same way I loved my AVS and iAtty but my UFS replaced my AVS and while iAtty is a different beast the 2 contend for my time. I also just got some 3.2 AW's in the mail today and got to try 6v man this thing rocks my socks off with a DC and 6v I just wish the battery life was a little longer.

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
I feel the same way I loved my AVS and iAtty but my UFS replaced my AVS and while iAtty is a different beast the 2 contend for my time. I also just got some 3.2 AW's in the mail today and got to try 6v man this thing rocks my socks off with a DC and 6v I just wish the battery life was a little longer.

AW IMR 3.2v??? is there such a beast??? and what ohm are you using with the 6v set up???

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Sorry they aren't IMR I don't think just regular AW LiFeP04

No worries thats cool its a personal thing for me that I only use AW IMR batteries but its because I run the GG without springs or fuses and the IMR is the safe choice for this type of set up... but soon we shall have VV and I will so rock all the voltages my lil heart desires...

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
The LiFePo4 are just as safe as the IMR batts. I run mine the same way, no spring right on the post ;)

I will respectfully disagree as a 10 year electronics broker my faith in IC's is slim to none especially where we place a lot of pressure on the IC itself... Lithium Ion should they fail can explode and burn and an IC protection is only safe if the IC itself actually works so IMHO no lithium ion based battery cell is safe and I am content to use LiMN technology aka AW IMR batteries as this eliminates any and all possibility of what could be a dangerous failure more commonly associated with Lithium Ion cells... I will say that AW IMR isnt 100% fool proof and need to be treated with respect as no rechargeable battery is 100% safe and should be handled accordingly.... but my money is on the safer of the bunch...

Last edited:

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
I will respectfully disagree as a 10 year electronics broker my faith in IC's is slim to none especially where we place a lot of pressure on the IC itself... Lithium Ion should they fail can explode and burn and an IC protection is only safe if the IC itself actually works so IMHO no lithium ion based battery cell is safe and I am content to use LiMN technology aka AW IMR batteries as this eliminates any and all possibility of what could be a dangerous failure more commonly associated with Lithium Ion cells... I will say that AW IMR isnt 100% fool proof and need to be treated with respect as no rechargeable battery is 100% safe and should be handled accordingly.... but my money is on the safer of the bunch...

Lithium Iron Phosphate (LifePo4)and Lithium Manganese (LiMn or IMR) use safe chemistry

zuTma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
Croatia, Zagreb
lol to me is opposite. I was married to my ufs and I thought it will be till death do us part, but when I met iatty my whole world has changed and now my ufs just sitting in his garage all sad and alone :( But better days are comming and ufs will get acquainted with Odyss and we will live happily for ever after:lol:

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
Do the LifePO4 use an IC protection circuit???

No, the protection is in the chemistry of the battery itself.

-Lithium-iron-phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries are based on the original lithium-ion chemistry, but LiFePO4 is used as the cathode material instead of lithium cobalt dioxide

Moshmarr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2010
Minneapolis
.....Oh and if I will be able to use my UFS with Odysseus I just might end up loving it more than my iAtty which is huge cause I make way better coils than China does...

+1!
Sorry to derail, just thought of something related to that subject
-
Click below, if we can get ahold of some spare UFS ring-above-the-clear windows, you can do this right now lol- excellent illustration by Zor of course!
http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx348/Zoranth/iAtty UFS Mod/iAtty-UFSModAssembly.jpg

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/215835-good-modders-people-least-2-ufs-1-iatty.html

I had forgotten about the imonster here for a bit but was curious I must say...anyone try it?

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
This makes me think: If the battery spring is supposed to act as a fuse, as some have suggested, why the fuse upgrade kit?

It is possible to tighten your ggts down so much that even if the battery spring collapses it will still fire. With the fuse this can't happen. Also I could be wrong but because of all the contact points the fuse upgrade would have better contact then a regular spring.

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
So I can only run without a spring for only LiFePO4's and IMR's?
Not the (IC Pretected) AW 18650's?

I think that is a personal call if you remove the spring you remove 1 extra measure of protection from the GGTS. If you are confident in the PCB and the vent holes then you can use protected batterys without the spring.

With the spring with a protected battery if it fails the PCB should shut it down if it doesn't the spring should collapse if that fails then the vent holes should stop the battery from "blowing up" since the heat and gasses have places to escape.

Without the spring if the PCB doesn't shut the battery down then your last fallback is the vent holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread