Omg how do I pick a new rba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bander68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Conroe, TX
I've been using a basic reo grand since 2011 with an rb2 single coil setup. I recently broke one of my 2 rbas and decided to order a new one .. But things have changed dramatically over the last 5 years since I used to hang out here. I love the simplicity of my grands, and intend to send them in to get milled down to lp, but I have no idea which rba I should order. I don't need multiple coils or anything fancy, just one simple coil I can crank out every few months when I need it. I am not interested in the $100+ models. Give me simple and basic advice, please. Thanks!

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I've been using a basic reo grand since 2011 with an rb2 single coil setup. I recently broke one of my 2 rbas and decided to order a new one .. But things have changed dramatically over the last 5 years since I used to hang out here. I love the simplicity of my grands, and intend to send them in to get milled down to lp, but I have no idea which rba I should order. I don't need multiple coils or anything fancy, just one simple coil I can crank out every few months when I need it. I am not interested in the $100+ models. Give me simple and basic advice, please. Thanks!

I think that you mean you were using the RM2 attys. I have not bought these myself but from what I read they are very simular, and the correct diameter to fit in the well.

YFTK Strike Style RDA 14mm Black Rebuildable Atomizer w/ BF Pin

There are a lot of attys out there that would work, if you do get them milled down, I think these are the right diameter if you don't. :unsure:

KAS

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I've really gotta recommend the Viper if you want to keep the vape experience as close to the same as possible.

The O-16 is a tremendous atty, but excels when it's a little looser draw. If you are at all interested in experimenting with getting a bigger, airier vape while preserving the tighter mouth to lung style that the RM2 afforded (it has a pretty broad range adjustable air flow), the O-16 will give you a greater range of vape styles.

If you want a more comprehensive list of 14 - 16 mm atties (we're talking flavour-first, not big vapour type deals, which would seem to suit you), @Vapefiend is your man. He has a stellar collection and knows them all quite well.

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
The problem with the Reo mod you have, is the 510 will only allow for use of atomizers less than 15 mm at the base. Their are very few attys that fit in that range. Reo does have the REO P67 mod with a flat top that allows for the use of attys up to 22mm. But at over $200.00 it's ridiculously priced for a simple mech mod. You my need to upgrade your mod to something that will accept a 22mm or larger atty. That would open up the full spectrum of attys available to you. I went through your predicament a couple of years back, when my Reo Grand VV finally died for good.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
I've really gotta recommend the Viper if you want to keep the vape experience as close to the same as possible.

The O-16 is a tremendous atty, but excels when it's a little looser draw. If you are at all interested in experimenting with getting a bigger, airier vape while preserving the tighter mouth to lung style that the RM2 afforded (it has a pretty broad range adjustable air flow), the O-16 will give you a greater range of vape styles.

If you want a more comprehensive list of 14 - 16 mm atties (we're talking flavour-first, not big vapour type deals, which would seem to suit you), @Vapefiend is your man. He has a stellar collection and knows them all quite well.
I’m your guy.. my name should be flavorfiend

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
The problem with the Reo mod you have, is the 510 will only allow for use of atomizers less than 15 mm at the base. Their are very few attys that fit in that range. Reo does have the REO P67 mod with a flat top that allows for the use of attys up to 22mm. But at over $200.00 it's ridiculously priced for a simple mech mod. You my need to upgrade your mod to something that will accept a 22mm or larger atty. That would open up the full spectrum of attys available to you. I went through your predicament a couple of years back, when my Reo Grand VV finally died for good.

Just to note: the catch cup on a no-LP REO can be milled down to allow for use of any size atty. This can be done either by the spa or by yourself with a metal file. The mod body is made of easily worked aluminium - just mark the desired height on the outside of catch cup (marker or tape will work) and make sure you file flat to the surface. Takes about 20 mins with stopping regularly to check your work. I use a second cut file (med coarseness) until I get close to the desired height and then a fine cut file to finish. A lot of files available at most any hardware store have these two cut styles on either side of the same file and don't cost much.

Also, note that the finish of the catch cup will be removed no matter the process used. For some that's no problem, other take issue with bare metal on their mods (even tho it's often covered by a larger atty, presumably the reason for the LP mod in the first place).

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
You obviously missed this part of his post!!
I love the simplicity of my grands, and intend to send them in to get milled down to lp, but I have no idea which rba I should order.

bander68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Conroe, TX
When you get those babies back from the spa, you will be amazed with the choices @bander68! Heck, you might end up with as many small flavor attys as @Vapefiend has :). Keep us posted! Good to see you checking in.

Probably not...I'm not a collector. I'll find what works and buy 2 or 3 of the same thing...and probably stick with it until they die in a few years and come back here with the same exact question in 2025 lol.

From reading y'alls suggestions, I've decided to try the WASP Nano. As soon as my next paycheck hits, I'm getting it all underway. Expect to hear back from me either with praise or more questions sometime in late July.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I do the same thing, find something I like and back it up. Four Nano's from eciggity.

Probably not...I'm not a collector. I'll find what works and buy 2 or 3 of the same thing...and probably stick with it until they die in a few years and come back here with the same exact question in 2025 lol.

From reading y'alls suggestions, I've decided to try the WASP Nano. As soon as my next paycheck hits, I'm getting it all underway. Expect to hear back from me either with praise or more questions sometime in late July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread