OMG... You think e-cigs look like paraphernalia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninjapuff

Nov 28, 2008
I used to use a lot of snuff. Snuff bullets are great. Snuff can get pretty messy while opening the containers, but the bullets keep it contained and fresh and easily give you the right dose. I tried some different brands (Wilsons, Samuel Gawith, Poschl, and McChrystal's), and my favorite by far was Wilsons, especially their strawberry. Some people like the menthol flavors, but I hate it; it burns the hell out of my nose for a good 15 minutes. I sold off all the extra snuff and snuff bullets I had a while ago, except for the strawberry. I don't use it too often any more because I got sick of the runny brown nose and waking up with my nose all crusted up with snuff. It does get pretty nasty. I still bring it to parties and pass it around and most people enjoy it.

A 25 gram tin of strawberry lasts a damn long time: Strawberry
A good way to start if you're interested is with a Wilsons gift pack, 6 5-gram tins for $10. Gift Pack

Are the Toque bullets refillable? If so, that's an awesome deal.

Kitabz

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
UK
Use it all the time! The Absinthe is one of my favourites. I'm sure the snuff bullet was invented for other substances, but it seems to have caught on with snuffers, no one seems to give it a second glance.

Have a look here Snuff | Buy Snuff Tobacco | Snuff Store

Oh man, I have to get one of these bullet things, thanks for the link, I've never heard of such things.
I quite like snuff but can't be bothered with the mess of it.

Kitabz

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
UK
Oh man, I have to get one of these bullet things, thanks for the link, I've never heard of such things.
I quite like snuff but can't be bothered with the mess of it.

Follow-up on this - I got it today (super fast delivery) and I'm liking it very much. As I mentioned before, I quite like snuff but it gets everywhere and I've never been very competent at taking it properly. This gadget is excellent; highly recommended for anyone who wants to cut down on vaping and/or add another weapon to the no-analog armoury. Whilst not exactly a nicotine hit like real cigarettes nor like any kind of e-cig hit, there quite a physical reaction - my eyes were watering with the first few blasts!

Since I was ordering from the website anyway, I bought one of these too but I'm not terribly sure what to do with it. Clearly from the name, it's chewing tobacco so I'm suppose to put it in my mouth, but how much (it came in a chunk about 3cm long and 1cm in diameter)? Given the price relative to the size, I'm thinking not much but I have no idea and I don't want to OD (on top of the e-cigs and the snuff!).

Can anyone enlighten me?

Kitabz

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
UK
FYI, those bullet things are pretty much paraphernalia. I used to have one back in the day, and I assure you I didn't have any tobacco related products in it. AFAIK, most people who buy them don't use them for snuff.

Well my trip through some airports/customs in a couple of weeks might be interesting in that case...

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I think Ninjapuff hit the negatives. I have 8 tins of snuff around my laptop, varying from strong ground latakia tobacco to Toque's Blueberry Menthol. It can be messy, though. Never think of blowing your nose into a white handkerchief. Use one of those cowboy-like paisley hankies, preferably a dark color.

I find I have to re-hit about every 30 minutes -- and that's too much trouble. Snus lasts me at least an hour a portion. But nasal snuff is a nice break when I want the world to smell great and my sinuses need clearing!

Did you know nasal snuffing was the first discovered use of tobacco? It was. No bad health effects either. More nicotine than snus or e-cigs. Final note: I use a tiny spoon that I keep on my key ring.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
I have also had great experiences with toque snuff as TB and Pete will vouch for.

Before I purchased some Toque snuff, I questioned the owner (Roderick) endlessly about potential harm etc. The TSNA levels for Toque snuff are ridiculously low - as good if not better than snus! From a graph Roderick emailed me, the TSNA levels are max: 1.1 PPM for the original Toque blend!!

Anyone who knows there stuff will appreciate that this is low! I mean eating burnt toast will probably give you more risk of cancer...

I probed this issue so much that Roderick eventually thought I was a journalist for a newspaper, but always provided me with coherent answers (quote from his email):

'Send me a copy when the article comes out. If you’re not a journalist, you should be. LOL!'

So snuff is cheap as it's tax free and has barely any cases of cancer to put - certainly me and many others - off using it.

The snuff bullet is a cleaner method of delivery and is a way to try and appeal to a wider audience now that smoking is impossible in most of our public houses.

BTW, I don't work for Toque but after the grilling I gave the owner feel that it's only fair I inform you of my findings...:)

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Sorry for the long post, but here is another email from the owner i just dug up:

Here are the scientific names of the TSNA’s

NNK 4-(methylnitrosamino)-1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone - TSNA tobacco-specific nitrosamines - ETS environmental tobacco smoke - NDMA N-nitrosodimethylamine - NNN N-nitrosonornicotine - NAB N-nitrosoanabasine - NAT N-nitrosoanatabine - HPB 4-hydroxy-l-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone - NNAL 4-(methylnitrosamino)-1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butan-1-ol - NICI-MS negative ion chemical ionization mass spectrometry - 4-ABP 4-aminobiphenyl are strong carcinogens in laboratory animals. Because of its organospecificity for the lung, the latter is considered to be a causative factor in tobacco-related human lung cancer. As snuff goes nowhere near the lungs and TSNA’s are only found in the most minute trace amounts in Toque snuff, you understand why Cancer Research and The Royal College of Physicians say that if every smoker in the Britain switched to snuff we would safe 200,000 lives a year.

Professor Martin Jarvis, of Cancer Research UK: says that the health implications surrounding snuff use are significantly lower than smoking. "Studies show that the health hazards surrounding snuff are much less than cigarettes and the risk is approximately one per cent compared with the risks associated with smoking," he explains. "The reason for this is that by smoking you are setting fire to the products which causes their combustion. Snuff doesn’t have the combustion products which are carcinogenic and all the user is getting is the nicotine."

The late Dr Michael Russell, father of tobacco addiction research:
"Snuff could save more lives and avoid more ill-health than any other preventive measure likely to be available to developed nations well into the 21st century". "Switching from cigarettes to snuff could have enormous health benefits". Snuffing has two major advantages... Firstly there are no products of combustion such as tar, carbon monoxide and oxides of nitrogen. Secondly it cannot be inhaled into the lungs, which eliminates any risk of lung cancer.”

Professor (Sir) Robert Peto, Oxford University, World renowned epidemiologist on smoking:
“If this or some other such habit were to become widespread and did to any substantial extent replace smoking (particularly of cigarettes) then the net effect would be likely to be a reduction in tobacco-induced mortality.”
As a way of using nicotine, the consumption of non-combustible tobacco is of the order of 10-10,000 less hazardous than smoking, depending on the product. Some manufacturers want to market smokeless tobacco as a harm reduction option for nicotine users, and they may find support for that in the public health community.

The average smoker loses 9 years of their lives. If they switched to snuff before they where 40 they would have the same life expectancy as a non smoker. If you are a smoker and you can’t give up snuff is the best way to stop. Rates of success – Nicotine Chewing Gum 12% - Nicotine Patches 17% - Hypnosis 24% - Snuff 76%.

Thanks,

Tim :)

Last edited:

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
And:

'It’s funny that you say that. ASH described us as the only ethical tobacco company that they would talk to and exchange reports with. '

Trust me - these guys have done their homework: drug paraphernalia this may look like, but certainly is not... respectable harm reduction for the hardened nicotine addict all the way. ;)

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
What about this:

http://www.royalsmokers.com/e-hookahweb.jpg

I can just see the law having a field day with this. The FDA will have another thing to gripe about (its turning e-smokers into future potheads)...

You really need to do a bit more research before casting an opinion on a communal tradition that has been happily enjoyed for generations in north africa. Smoking a cigarette = normal. Sharing a hookah with tobacco molasses (inhaled through water) = pothead....?

Bellinghamster

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Bellingham, WA USA
I have two of those Toque bullets on the way as part of a Northerner snus shipment. Is there anything anyone here might want to tell me, as someone who has never used snuff or even seen it used?

My shipment just came in! You are reading this about 10 minutes after my first nasal snuff experience - I'm typing through the tears.

If you look on YouTube, there are a few videos for "nasal snuff" (snuff films?). Should give you a good idea of the basic process. The bullet kind of simplifies the process a bit.

Basically, the little handle on the side "points" in the direction of the cup in the bullet. You turn it down, invert the bullet (cup is now facing up into the snuff), then rotate the bullet back upright while keeping the handle in place, so the cup stays upright until exposed in the nozzle.

Then you "sniff", not "snort" - subtle distinction, I know. I try to think about trying to get it into my nose, rather than my brainpan :D

Anyways, first shot (menthol) made me think my nose was on fire and my eyes were trying to put it out with tears. Don't try this in front of your friends the first time.

It's definitely a nice buzz though, and since I got about 10 bullets (varying flavors: menthol, cherry menthol, original, natural, and "whiskey & honey") plus 2 tins of the Raspberry recommended earlier, I'm gonna give this a pretty good try.

...Still looks pretty shifty though :)

Kitabz

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
UK
I have two of those Toque bullets on the way as part of a Northerner snus shipment. Is there anything anyone here might want to tell me, as someone who has never used snuff or even seen it used?

Yes, don't snort too hard or it'll feel like your head is going to explode (until you get used to it anyway)!

Mohave

ECF Veteran
EDIT: Nevermind.

I found that the bottom part can be unscrewed from the rest, and the seam where it separates was hidden by the label.
Yes the Toque bullets can be refilled, they come hard packed with snuff so you have to decant half into a bag before you can use them.
Can you help me figure out how? I've got two of them in front of me right now, and I can't see a way to get into them for refilling.

Last edited:

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
What about this:

http://www.royalsmokers.com/e-hookahweb.jpg

I can just see the law having a field day with this. The FDA will have another thing to gripe about (its turning e-smokers into future potheads)...

I realize that a lot of people associate hookahs with marijuana, but it's almost never used for that purpose because it's really a terrible way to try to smoke weed. First off all, marijuana is too dry for hookah smoking (hence why the tobacco used for hookahs is mixed with molasses or honey), secondly you need to use a lot of weed, and lastly, it's extremely wasteful. I know a lot of potheads, but I've never met any who used a hookah to smoke weed, even though many of them have hookahs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread