Status
Not open for further replies.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I just received a pair of Subtank Minis and Nanos yesterday from vapehappy and look forward to using them at lower wattages. I'm going to get the rba heads for the Nanos from fasttech so I can start playing with coils on both as well as learning to rebuild the stock heads to my liking. It's good to hear they've worked out for many, as they seem as common as the Vision Vivi Novas once were. That comes in handy!
    Are the RBAs in the STM the "Plus" version (large side holes) or like their photo, which shows the original version? The Plus version uses a screw to hold the chimney on.
    Thanks

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    Another vote for the STM. I have 2 and 6 spare RBA's for them. Haven't replaced an o-ring yet. Super easy to coil.

If anyone likes the STM and building on the rba and want to buy spare RBA or two for the STM; I bought two spares at Fasttech for my sister's STM.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    If anyone likes the STM and building on the rba and want to buy spare RBA or two for the STM; I bought two spares at Fasttech for my sister's STM.
    I bought several V2 spare RBA's from FT. Watch out on the clone bases though. Got some and all but one the 510 was too short to work.
    also got some of their acrylic dome caps.
    They are ok but the airflow is a bit tighter due to the increased wall thickness on the chimney tube. This is inevitable with acrylic or glass tops, should have thought of that... But they are usable and durable for outside or working on car, etc.

Reactions: 440BB

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    I just received a pair of Subtank Minis and Nanos yesterday from vapehappy and look forward to using them at lower wattages. I'm going to get the RBA heads for the Nanos from Fasttech so I can start playing with coils on both as well as learning to rebuild the stock heads to my liking. It's good to hear they've worked out for many, as they seem as common as the Vision Vivi Novas once were. That comes in handy!

Back in my days of using the ST Nano RBAs were not available. I was unaware Kanger made a RBA for the nano.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    I bought several V2 spare RBA's from FT. Watch out on the clone bases though. Got some and all but one the 510 was too short to work.

I got one of those when i bought THR spare RBAs.

The clone base worked fine in her case but had a slight leaking issue but its a backup so what is IT leaks a drop or two in 48 hours. Wipe it down in tge morning and you're good till the following morning

Watch out for the FT bell caps for the STM. The diameter of the tube that meets the RBA or coil head is a little too large.

My sister put one on the STM with RBA. When she unscrewed tge bell cap tge top of the RBA came off attached to the bell cap

She called me freaking out. I told her not to worry just add ejuice to the RBA lid and put the base back on. That worked so tge nexf time i was over i got it out with needle nose pliers and she put the bell cap in the garbage

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    I got one of those when i bought THR spare RBAs.

The clone base worked fine in her case but had a slight leaking issue but its a backup so what is IT leaks a drop or two in 48 hours. Wipe it down in tge morning and you're good till the following morning

Watch out for the FT bell caps for the STM. The diameter of the tube that meets the RBA or coil head is a little too large.

My sister put one on the STM with RBA. When she unscrewed tge bell cap tge top of the RBA came off attached to the bell cap

She called me freaking out. I told her not to worry just add ejuice to the RBA lid and put the base back on. That worked so tge nexf time i was over i got it out with needle nose pliers and she put the bell cap in the garbage
    I got SKU 14531 bellcaps they are fine. Yep when both the RBA and the bellcap are dry they can stick a bit but after a bit of juice is in there they are fine.
    No leaky with the RBA's or bases or bellcaps so far. I got stainless bases. I steer clear of the colored ones.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    I did go on a bit of a buying spree just in case but got all stuff I know and love save for two STM from Vapehappy and three Vaporflask Lites. I have probably 7-8 Taifuns already. Bought some extra tanks for those. If worse comes to worse I have all my old Protanks and some new ones too. Lots and lots of coils and parts for those. I will built those coils before I go back cigs.
    Only juice I am going to order in large quantities is Ahlusion Lemon Cream. Maybe 240mls. Already had maybe 50 TFA flavorings (in glass) threw out all the flavorings in plastic. 1 Liter of nic still waiting to be transferred to the blue bottles I bought.
    I consider myself prepared as much as I am willing to go. If nothing happens I will still use all of this. If we get cut off it might be the thing that makes me move forward and do DIY and stop wasting money on juice

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    I got SKU 14531 bellcaps they are fine. Yep when both the RBA and the bellcap are dry they can stick a bit but after a bit of juice is in there they are fine.
    No leaky with the RBA's or bases or bellcaps so far. I got stainless bases. I steer clear of the colored ones.
    cannot find this. Do you have a link? thanks

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    thanks. wouldn't you know the red version of that is REALLY red. I sort of wanted the pinkish color that is always called red (in China) they have it but only in the 39mm instead of the 39.2 that you recommend. Do you think that makes a difference? I hate to buy something unless someone else says it works ;)

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    thanks. wouldn't you know the red version of that is REALLY red. I sort of wanted the pinkish color that is always called red (in China) they have it but only in the 39mm instead of the 39.2 that you recommend. Do you think that makes a difference? I hate to buy something unless someone else says it works ;)
    I have no idea. I expected the bases to work...

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    I did go on a bit of a buying spree just in case but got all stuff I know and love save for two STM from Vapehappy and three Vaporflask Lites. I have probably 7-8 Taifuns already. Bought some extra tanks for those. If worse comes to worse I have all my old Protanks and some new ones too. Lots and lots of coils and parts for those. I will built those coils before I go back cigs.
    Only juice I am going to order in large quantities is Ahlusion Lemon Cream. Maybe 240mls. Already had maybe 50 TFA flavorings (in glass) threw out all the flavorings in plastic. 1 Liter of nic still waiting to be transferred to the blue bottles I bought.
    I consider myself prepared as much as I am willing to go. If nothing happens I will still use all of this. If we get cut off it might be the thing that makes me move forward and do DIY and stop wasting money on juice

Absolutely!

Stockpile what you really need

If the FDA Monster is stopped you will use it

If you stop vaping you have items other vapers would gladly buy from you.

Its hard to loose by being prepared.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    China has nicotine and juices but they are not as good whereas China's mods and tanks are comparable to their American counterparts.

You need to continue looking into Nicotine Suppliers. Most Retail Nicotine IS from China as it is the largest supplier in the world of Processed Nicotine.
    USA has been slow in advancing Producers of Pharmaceutical Grade Nicotine - mostly supplying the Pharma industry.
    Chemnovatic Nicotine - Poland Based - is also widely sold in the USA.
    So your USA Nicotine purchases are likely off shore produced anyway.

CHEMNOVATIC

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    You need to continue looking into Nicotine Suppliers. Most Retail Nicotine IS from China as it is the largest supplier in the world of Processed Nicotine.
    USA has been slow in advancing Producers of Pharmaceutical Grade Nicotine - mostly supplying the Pharma industry.
    Chemnovatic Nicotine - Poland Based - is also widely sold in the USA.
    So your USA Nicotine purchases are likely off shore produced anyway.

CHEMNOVATIC
    My MFS nic came from India I think.

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    Back in my days of using the ST Nano RBAs were not available. I was unaware Kanger made a RBA for the nano.

The FT ones are third party, still no Kanger equivalent. They are about the size of the coil heads and may be tight for building, but have overall good reviews. I figure I can work with them and drill out the sides if necessary, but I use 2/3 PG liquid so they may not need that for my application. These - $3.22 Replacement Nano RBA Coil Head for SUBTANK Clearomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I may be in a small minority that find the Nanos very interesting as their smaller diameter works well on the ProVari slant cap models which are my favorite. I'm a low wattage vaper, but if push comes to shove I still want the subohm option for at least occasional use on my mechs instead of dripping. I am already likely in a very small minority that enjoys the Vision Nova top coil tanks which I use all day lol!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Stockpiling? whaaaa? me? Nah no way that's just silly.
    :thumb:
    The Subtank Mini's are all that I use. I use 26 gauge and wrap a .5 to .6 coil. The RBA's are super easy for me to build.

Because of www.bevapehappy.com 's 9.99 deal on them, I have two more coming for a total of 5 new in the box and 3 in rotation plus 3 additional RBA's that a friend gave me from his tanks because he's content buying coils.
    Thanks for the link. I'm finally going to try the Subtank.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread