One excited Newbie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtbje

Jan 2, 2019
Texas Hill Country
Hello everyone! I’m new here, and thought I’d introduce myself.

I’ve been a 1 PAD smoker for 18 years, and was introduced to vaping last month by my father in law, who recently stopped smoking via vaping.

He gave me a Kanger Box Mini and made me a bottle of juice and sent me on my way.

I tried to use it when I got home and found the nicotine wasn’t high enough. So I ordered some supplies and am currently stalking my UPS driver daily.

I’m 36, a mom of 3 young boys, and in November I found out my mom (age 55) has terminal small cell lung cancer. Guys I am so excited for this opportunity to quit smoking.

That’s my story! Looks like y’all have a good thing going here, and I’m looking forward to meeting you!

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Hello @jtbje and a big welcome to ECF. Sounds like your father-in-law is a top bloke! Best of luck with the vaping - it sounds like you are determined to stop smoking and that is half the battle. You will find plenty of support around here from your fellow vapers :)

jtbje

Jan 2, 2019
Texas Hill Country
Hello @jtbje and a big welcome to ECF. Sounds like your father-in-law is a top bloke! Best of luck with the vaping - it sounds like you are determined to stop smoking and that is half the battle. You will find plenty of support around here from your fellow vapers :)
I've been reading through and it seems you all are really supportive and helpful. I'm ready! Thanks for the welcome!

jtbje

Jan 2, 2019
Texas Hill Country
My biggest battle was finding the right liquid, and remember, your tastes will likely change over time as your senses of smell and taste come back. Quitting isn't for sissys, but I think you will win.
Thank you for the vote of confidence! I can already tell flavor is going to be a thing. He gave me a juice he made with French vanilla flavoring, and it was so good, until I tried to vape all day. The flavor over and over is a bit much, like eating the same thing 30 times in one day
I ordered a sample flavor pack from MFS, so maybe that will be a good start.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thank you for the vote of confidence! I can already tell flavor is going to be a thing. He gave me a juice he made with French vanilla flavoring, and it was so good, until I tried to vape all day. The flavor over and over is a bit much, like eating the same thing 30 times in one day
I ordered a sample flavor pack from MFS, so maybe that will be a good start.

This is what is So Great about e-Cigarettes. There is almost an Unlimited amount of Flavors to choose from. But it is Also what can make getting started a pain.

When I switched, I found using a Couple of Different Flavors in a day was a Good Way to prevent flavor burn-out before I found my ADV (All Day Vape).

You really need a 2nd Complete e-Cigarette as a Backup to the one you mainly use. Because it anything happens to your e-Cigarette, and you only have 1, it can Many Times be a short trip to the Liquor Store for a pack of smokes.

So you might as well Load up you Backup e-Cigarette with a Different Flavor. And then Switch between the two.

jtbje

Jan 2, 2019
Texas Hill Country
This is what is So Great about e-Cigarettes. There is almost an Unlimited amount of Flavors to choose from. But it is Also what can make getting started a pain.

When I switched, I found using a Couple of Different Flavors in a day was a Good Way to prevent flavor burn-out before I found my ADV (All Day Vape).

You really need a 2nd Complete e-Cigarette as a Backup to the one you mainly use. Because it anything happens to your e-Cigarette, and you only have 1, it can Many Times be a short trip to the Liquor Store for a pack of smokes.

So you might as well Load up you Backup e-Cigarette with a Different Flavor. And then Switch between the two.
That’s a great idea. Does everyone switch out their wick in between flavors? Or does the new flavor come through pretty quickly?

My stuff is scheduled to arrive today! This might be the first year (besides pregnancy years) that I will buy ZERO packs of cigarettes!!! I’m so excited.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That’s a great idea. Does everyone switch out their wick in between flavors? Or does the new flavor come through pretty quickly?

My stuff is scheduled to arrive today! This might be the first year (besides pregnancy years) that I will buy ZERO packs of cigarettes!!! I’m so excited.

Most will use 2 Separate Atomizers. Because yes, if I Switch flavors in the Same wick/coil, the New flavor will come thru Very Quickly.

This Isn't always a bad thing. Like say I go from Strawberry to Watermelon. I end up with a Strawberry/Watermelon blend which might be Very Nice.

But going from something like Butterscotch Cheesecake to Mango might Not be all that great.

Reactions: stols001

jtbje

Jan 2, 2019
Texas Hill Country
Welcome to ECF, jtbje. I'm so sorry to hear about your Mother.
Thank you, the diagnosis was quite a shock. She has been a long time smoker but is in really good health in pretty much every aspect. She got sick and went to the doctor, had pneumonia and they did a chest X-ray and that’s when things got real. She’s doing ok now but I know she will decline and the whole thing has made me pretty bitter towards Big Tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread