One shot concentrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I haven't used one shot concentrates, but I would think they would be a great beginning to DIY if the idea of using individual flavors and recipes is intimidating. I started with single flavor mixes and combined them in my tank to get an idea of things, and kind of went from there. It was a slower start to DIY but ultimately beneficial as I really understand the flavors I have. The nice thing about one shot concentrates is that usually the steeping time is 0 or reduced.

You could try both approaches, just a thought? I can't really recommend any particular concentrates as I haven't used them, but I think you are getting good advice. Best of luck and I hope it works out well for you.

Anna

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
I second the strawberry biscuit. I mostly stick to easy single flavor blends or mixes.

I tried OSDIY, and wasn’t too impressed, although the lucky shot is great.

Get the nicotine river sampler pack. It’s 9 flavors that are all good as stand alone. I wasn’t a fan of he heaven or paradiso. But, I immediately ordered an 8oz of the strawberry biscuit, it’s that good.

Now I’ll be trying strawberry biscuit and making it more complex with purilium butter cream or more strawberry.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I've been vaping 4 1/2 years (after smoking for 50 years), I started to diy 1 year ago (with limited success). I'm looking for the holy grail of vape juice, does it exist? I've been looking at the one step concentrates, has anyone tried them and if so, opinions?
What kind of flavors do you like to vape; fruits, bakeries, creams/custards, candies, tobaccos, ...? What would you most like to be pointed toward?

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I didn't even think about trying any concentrates (like OSDIY's "One Stop Flavors" and "One Stop Blends")...until I'd been doing DIY for more than a year and regularly making recipes with 3-7 flavorings in them. It was while placing an order for several TFA and CAP flavorings on OSDIY that I decided to try their Lucky Shot and their Baked Cinnamon Roll. Once I tried those 2...I was hooked on their OSF and OSB and have tried many of them since then. A combination of their Lucky Shot + Lotta Latte has been an ADV for me for more than a year now. It's like a Caramel Latte, to me.

Because of your preferences mentioned above, you might want to try any of these OSF and OSB: Pink Lemonade, Tennessee Whiskey (it's like JD), Arnold Palmer, Succulent Strawberry, or Blueberry. If something alittle sweeter is OK, the Baked Cinnamon Roll and the Lucky Shot are both wonderful singly, too, IMO.

They also have an on-going coupon code for a discount on your entire order. Use either of these: ECF or JFK. If you sign up for their newsletter you'll recieive info about their sales, too, which offer even bigger discounts then when using the codes.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I’ve tried bubba’s pig sap from flavor west and liked it. It’s a bit weird though: tobacco bacon maple syrup. It’s definitely different.

The chai tea from flavorah can also be considered a one shot. The thing to know about is it’s a MINT tea, which they don’t mention for some reason. Pretty good though if you’re into mint.

Do NOT mix the two it’s... unfortunate...

Oh, one more: monkey fart from flavor West. Tobacco banana. I like the taste but the odor of it is hated by my family

Reactions: stols001

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I don't see a recommended flavor percent on their page, am I missing something?
I too wish they would make recommendations. Generally most members start between 8-10%. I mix most of mine @10% and they are great and full flavored. But starting @8% gives you room to add if you want/need to.

:)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I don't see a recommended flavor percent on their page, am I missing something?

The recommended flavor % is usually posted when they list a new one, like for the Succulent Strawberry which showed the 5-10%, and maybe still does. I haven't checked lately.

The usual range Kim (OSDIY owner) recommends for the OSF and OSB, when used singly, is between 5-10%. She said around 10% would probably be best for tootle puffers and about 5% to start with for those who vape higher wattages.

For me
, the % I use depends on how strong/potent the flavoring itself is to me. For most, I use them singly at between 7-10%. For the Succulent Strawberry and the Blueberry though (which are both very potent), I start now at 3% and work my way up if it's necessary after several days. I've found that both of those seem to get stronger after about 3-4 days.

For some friends that I make a few of them for, the flavoring % they prefer seems to be related to the nic mg they vape at though, rather than what wattage. Both of them are tootle puffers. One vapes 12mg nic and likes her Lucky Shot + Lotta Latte combo at 7% of each. Another vapes 15-18mg nic and likes hers at 9% Lucky Shot + 8% Lotta Latte.

So I'd start with most at about 5-6 and work your way up if necessary. You can always add more in a couple days, but can't take it out. The Succulent Strawberry and the Blueberry though, I'd start even lower with them and wait at least 3-4 days to see how they are. 2 local DIYers I've given samples of those to, both sub-ohm vape at about 40-60W, and their eliquid is 3mg nic. They like them at 3-4%.

Last edited:

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
It really depends on the mixture of the one shot. For instance the "obsidian" I mentioned above is recommended at 7.5 but some are as high as 20. Those are complete recipes minus the PG/VG/Nic. You said one step, I presumed you meant one shot not just flavorings you could use alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread