• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ontario Ministry of Labour called upon for a ruling of unsafe work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SloHand

Eh?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Kingston, Ontario
Have not been in this thread in quite some time :) Surprised to see that it was closed! Thought I would give an update of a recent incident.

Since I last reported in this thread the ANTZ who were spearheading a campaign of fear through my workplace were reassigned to a different geographical location in my city. They didn’t get fired or anything quite so drastic, just moved to a different building.

Things were quiet. Ah …. what a relief. But ….

On Friday last, whilst looking for a work colleague in a jungle of cubicles, I had and ‘accident’.

Let me explain what happened. As per the last directive issued at my workplace “you must never leave your vaping devices unattended” I was walking around looking for my colleague …. with my PV in hand. I recently got the clear kit for my Kayfun, love it, but it is sensitive to the slightest knock. The top cap comes off easily when knocked, threads on the clear piece are a little short. Anyway, as I’m heading up the row of cubicles and low and behold, the chief ANTZ’s wife (yes, she works in my department/workplace) is heading the other way towards me, nowhere to go. As she passes me, I hit my Kayfun on a cubicle wall and off pops the top piece spilling the content (4 ml) of juice out onto the floor! My Slohand #7 no less!

I am panicking and soo embarrassed that this would happen, especially here and now, with this individual. I apologize profusely and run off to get wet paper towels to clean up the mess. By the time I get back with the paper towels for the cleanup there are several staff hovering around asking if it’s ‘safe’. I assure them it’s nothing and will clean it up. “no worse than a soda spill” I tell them, “VG and food flavorings”. After being on my knees and wiping down every square inch in the area I head straight to my managers office to let him know that stuff is about to hit the fan and tell him exactly what happened.

Within ten minutes of the “accident” the ANTZ of this thread have called the security desk in our building telling them that the building has to be evacuated and that air quality measurements should be taken immediately (not a word of a lie!!!!).

Thankfully, my management and building security are not stupid people and there is a workers health and safety report designating e-liquid as “not likely to endanger”. Long and the short of it, the ANTZ were told to “go away, shut up, it’s been cleaned up”.

I have since put the “full metal jacket” onto my Kayfun and hope this just goes away, but the ANTZ are on the march yet again fueled by this. Fear runs deeper than logic. What I thought had been forgotten just got front page billing and the whispers and stares “that’s the “vaping” guy” have returned. Sucks to be me in a workplace of 450 people and only four vapers (that I’m aware of) :(

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread