Oops, well I like it

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
Ordered the premium starter kit from NudeNicotine and was going through making several smaller batches of juice, then decided on a 120ml of Honey tobacco. While squirting in the ingredients, I got my PG bottle (also in 120ml) and juice bottle mixed up and put a bunch of Honey Tobacco in the PG bottle, oops. After several swear words, decided to keep the PG aside and now I use that to add to coffees, chocolates and other tobacco flavors. It adds just the right amount of tobacco to not overpower but you can still taste it through the others. Got me thinking, is this standard practice, cuz I think I accidentally discovered that I like it like that and will keep a PG with a little tobacco in it from now on. The concentration wasnt even that much, works out to be about 3-4% nic in ~60ML and I only use PG 20% max. Are there flavors you have pre loaded in your PG or VG before mixing?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
No but I see no reason it would'nt work. As long as you want a slight hint of tobacco in everything.

Agree. After all, a liter of PG is only about $15.

Twisted Throttle wrote: The concentration wasnt even that much, works out to be about 3-4% nic in ~60ML and I only use PG 20% max. Are there flavors you have pre loaded in your PG or VG before mixing?

I always put my nic in the nix bottle first, followed by PG and VG, and then my flavors. I do keep a few 100ml bottles of nic, PG, and VG mixed up as an unflavored mix. I use that to mix smaller amounts of flavors in various strengths. Lots of us vape unflavored nic mix on a daily basis as an alternate to flavored mixes.

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
Lots of us vape unflavored nic mix on a daily basis as an alternate to flavored mixes.
I am flavor obsessive, I have yet to try unflavored juice (close to 8 years of vaping). Even when I get vapors tongue, I go with menthol. I think thats next on the mix batch though, a simple unflavored base and then if I don't like it, drop some flavor in there, easy peezy. I like easy.
I do keep a few 100ml bottles of nic, PG, and VG mixed up as an unflavored mix
Do you find that the flavor takes longer to mingle in pre mixed solution? My thoughts are that the little air bubbles caused from squirting each of the liquids in helps it mingle.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Do you find that the flavor takes longer to mingle in pre mixed solution? My thoughts are that the little air bubbles caused from squirting each of the liquids in helps it mingle.

I always start with base of PG / VG / nic which I make in large quantities. Then just add flavoring. Works for me. Though I never tried other methods so I can't really say whether it's the best way.

A while ago I got a small wand mixer. If you bring the blade up near the surface of the juice it will create a froth of tiny bubbles that fills up the whole bottle. I figure that mixes everything as well as it could be mixed. Don't even bother shaking it any more. Just one good blast with the wand mixer then put it on the shelf.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I am flavor obsessive, I have yet to try unflavored juice (close to 8 years of vaping). Even when I get vapors tongue, I go with menthol. I think thats next on the mix batch though, a simple unflavored base and then if I don't like it, drop some flavor in there, easy peezy. I like easy.

I shake up my unflavored nic base each time I use it. Unflavored juice is good for alleviating vaper's tongue.

Shaking your flavors before adding them is important just in case there's settling in the flavor bottle itself. Shaking the final product or using some method of mixing helps steeping just because the mix is layered right after you finish and needs to be blended.

When I mix into a clear glass bottle I can see the layers of nic, PG, VG, and flavor until I shake it up. I use a frother to make sure the mixing is complete. That creates thousands of tiny bubbles that float to the top over time. In 20 minutes or so it's clear again after the bubbles rise and break. Bubbles rising create little eddy currents that contribute to the final mix, IMO.

Flavors are going to mix with what's closest. You need some sort of method to ensure a good mix after DIY, even if it's just a 60 second shake of the bottle.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    That at least saves that PG, but seems a little awkward as a method. Using very subtle flavorings is good though. I often now use 1 drop per 25 ml (.1%) for supplemental flavors. Sometimes 1 drop per 50 ml, but only M-type needs as low as 1 drop per 100 ml (since I made some juice with that one at ~4% I just used that for flavoring instead).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread