Oops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrtwistedscience

Jul 19, 2015
I just went to my local shop and got a new liquid as my protank wasted a ton of mine :mad: but on the way out I dropped the glass bottle and broke it. This being the last of my money until the 1st what household products other than glycerin can I use to make liquid, I have a bottle of liquid nic I got online, I'm scared to use it though lol. Could I mix liquid nic and water ? I'm a little clueless when it comes to DIY liquid..

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
You can get 8 ounces of USP VG at walmart for $4 (or some pharmacies). It's been found in the first aid section, skin care section, and hair section. If you use a juice calculator it will tell you what you have to do to mix liquid (percentages). Ask for a syringe from the pharmacy to help you measure the nic and VG. You can use up to 10% distilled water or vodka to thin out the VG.

To the best of my knowledge there is NO household product safe to vape, not even water.

E juice CALCULATOR
eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator
DIY E-Liquid Calculator Ten Flavors Plus PG/VG Adjusting

Reactions: thetrucker

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Walmart VG

Humco Glycerin USP Skin Protectant, 6 oz - Walmart.com

CVS VG

CVS Pure Glycerin USP - CVS.com

Can usually be found where they stock skin care products.

Mix it with NIC and 10% distilled water and your good to go.

To figure out your NIC concentration use

eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

You can also take some coffee grinds and cover it about a 1/4 inch from the top with VG and heat it to 150F for 2 - 3 hours then strain it through a coffee filter then take that liquid and plunge it through a syringe with cotton in the tip. That resulting liquid makes a good flavoring.

Stay away from any oil based kitchen flavorings or flavorings with additives. Those are bad to vape. An essential orange oil is OK as long as it's a natural essential oil. But be careful and come back to the forum and ask if what you find is safe before attempting anything.

A natural sucarlose such as what's found at GNC health stores are good to sweeten your mix but stay away from what you find in supermarkets. Those have additives that are not safe to vape.

But by the time you buy all that it would likely be cheaper just to order a few flavorings meant for vaping from an online vender such as bullcity.

Bull City Vapor - Best Prices on DIY e-liquid Supplies

You should do some research on DYI. I recommend

My blogs will give insight into all aspects of DYI, from steeping to what supplies to have on hand to a basic walk through mixing your first E-juice.

E-Cigarette Forum - dannyv45 - Blogs

Then read hoosier's blogs. These blogs concentrate on fine tuning your mix and give insight on additives.

E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs

Then read Boletus's blog's. These blogs concentrate on formulation of nicotine bases regarding proper calculations methods for figuring Nicotine concentration as well as safety.

E-Cigarette Forum - Boletus - Blogs

Then read Ginger's book "E-Cigarettes 102: DIY E-Liquid". It is a book which I've contributed to that delivers an in depth easy to follow guide in the art of DYI.

E-Cigarettes 102: DIY E-Liquid

I recommend viewing VPLive Vape Team Episode #82: DIY Safety and bookmark it for future reference. It explains safety in all aspects of DYI.

VPLive Vape Team Episode #82: DIY Safety

then read the stickies at the top of the page.

this will explain a lot of the how's and why's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread