Open Buzz Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabre66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
vancouver bc
So out the door to work I go and Blondie my TTB decided that she wanted to do a swan dive out of my pocket. Lo and behold carto broke off and threads stuck inside the connector. Already running late this morning I grab my Blue BP and off to work I went.......................
Fast forward many hours later I decided to get Blondie up and going again.

1. gently removed the top cap
2. removed screw holding wire in place (DO NOT LOSE LITTLE SCREW)
3. removed screw inside connector (REPEAT DO NOT LOSE LITTLE SCREW OR THE BRASS CENTER PIN OR THE INSULATORS)
4. removed all loose carto crap that was in there
5. used real small long needle nose plyers that open outwards and inserted into the broken thread connector
6. apply outward pressure on the handle and turn the threads out try not to hit the top cap threads
7. reverse for reassembly

Real easy to do took 3 min.
Blondies getting a leash put on her....lol

Hope this helps maybe already posted elsewhere maybe an easier solution but this worked for me.

Cheers

Paul

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Congrats on the success.
Thumbs-Up.gif

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Hope this helps maybe already posted elsewhere maybe an easier solution but this worked for me.

For next time:

Take a potato. Cut it in half. Push your connector in to the potato. Turn the PV counter-clockwise. Pull PV out of potato. Wipe potato juice off connector. Pull carto connector parts out of potato. Use potato for next batch of vodka... or maybe just fry it. ;)

Last edited:

sabre66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
vancouver bc
For next time:

Take a potato. Cut it in half. Push your connector in to the potato. Turn the PV counter-clockwise. Pull PV out of potato. Wipe potato juice off connector. Pull carto connector parts out of potato. Use potato for next batch of vodka... or maybe just fry it. ;)

Hmmm interesting same as a broken light bulb in a socket......ah ef it I still use my pliers.... power on of course after drinking the Vodka....LOL

Serious note I did try a potato first but it didnt give me the friction to unscrew the carto. I do have same fine tipped snap ring pliers that have knurling on them just for this purpose I was just to lazy to go to my van to get them. Most people do not have access to the tools I have so I just posted this as an alternative. I break things inside things all the time Its just the nature of my job...part Dentist part Electrician...Breaking is easy unbreaking is the challenge I've been doing what I do for 20 yrs so it has become an art form...You wanna see my Lava Tube next challenge is replacing that POS switch...Ahhh screw it ...SAVE YOUR MONEY BY A BP

Thanks...The Buzz Army Rocks

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread