Not open for further replies.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Replacing the top connection on the BUZZ

To replace the top cap remove the atty and adapters , unscrew the top cap ( make sure the center screw does not rotate if it does loosen it first ) there is a screw and wire on the bottom side unscrew this wire connection replace the cap with the new one and screw it back together ( do NOT over tighten it the ring terminal can break ) screw the top cap back on to the unit , and re tighten the center screw if needed

THanks to Ruppy !!!

I am adding a picture tutorial for replacing the top cap

First you will see the following image again. I am starting with it to highlight its importance!

WP_000447.png

STEP 1

Your top cap
Loosen the top screw 1 turn
WP_000445.png

Step 2
Unscrewing the cap
WP_000442.png

WP_000446.png

Step 3
Opening it up
Carefully lift the cap after it is unthreaded. REMEMBER there is a wire attached.
WP_000447.png

Step 4
Removing the wire
HOLD the connector and remove the screw
WP_000449.png

Now swap caps and reverse the instructions to reassemble.

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I always loosen the center screw a bit before unscrewing the top cap...Then when the caps are switched I snug it back down.....Snug not locked down!!

Just pulled the 510 and installed the 801 native...Yep....Getting my Fusion groove on for a while...No 1/2 inch adapter needed!!!!!!!!!!!

Great idea LD, I should do that too.

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
KCMO:>)
It keeps the wire from rotating when screwing the cap back on....That's the first cap change for the Silver Buzz....The black one in LandLord's possession was changed many times....with no damage too the wire....I've got adapters....extra length really gets on my last nerve though....

El D always knows how to take the appropriate shortcut to good success. Ya done good Dee.....:thumb: Those Fusions now live on my Buzz.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
Replacing the top connection on the BUZZ

To replace the top cap remove the atty and adapters , unscrew the top cap ( make sure the center screw does not rotate if it does loosen it first ) there is a screw and wire on the bottom side unscrew this wire connection replace the cap with the new one and screw it back together ( do NOT over tighten it the ring terminal can break ) screw the top cap back on to the unit , and re tighten the center screw if needed

This would be worth a YouTube video. Frankly, I'd rather watch that than somebody's German Shepard catching a Frisbee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread