Status
Not open for further replies.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I have opposite issues... EVODs and T3Ss, or any clearos that are similar, are too airy. I have a piece of thin wall rubber tubing, surgical tubing actually, that I slide down to cover one or two holes so I can get a draw similar to a non-filter cigarette.

I see no reason at all why you couldn't drill them out... one hole at a time, or one oversize at a time until you get the draw you want. Hell, you could even add holes.

C

ghola1was

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
NV USA
As far as the draw being too tight, I read in another thread how some folks were removing just the top flavor wick from the coils they were using. I tried it and found the draw and flavor to be be much improved while vaping a thicker juice.

Am I right in saying that all Evods now ship with ProTank coils, and that the Evod coils are being phased out?

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
So, the evod and protank coils are interchangable right? What I didn't know there was a difference in draw between the two.
The base plate on EVOD and Protank heads are the same at 10mm. What's different is the larger inside diameter air tube of the Protank head... which is a full 1mm larger in ID (1.85mm vs. 2.85mm). It's been my experience that the Protank head in an EVOD produces (substantially) more vapor and flavor than the original EVOD head.
Here's my thinking... other than the difference in capacities - clearos, clearo-tanks, glassomizers... what ever you want to call them, are all the same. It's the coil head that does the work and determines actual performance. It's the coil head that makes the Protank so "tasty". Put the same coil head in an EVOD and you get, within the constraints of the EVOD body dimensions, the performance of a Protank.

C

tinkrrrbell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
I purchased my evod fairly recently... So I wonder if my head is the same as a protank head? I know most people buy online, but I have access to a decent B&M- yea more costly so I get it in my hands right away. They sell both. I'll ask when I'm there this weekend.

Once I have back ups so I can be more patient, and know what the heck I'm doing, I'm looking forward to saving by buying online.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I purchased my evod fairly recently... So I wonder if my head is the same as a protank head?
Doubtful, but it's easy to tell. Open it up and look at the top of the air tube. Is it the 1.85mm on the left, or the 2.85mm on the right?

9217918426_30ba9fece0_o.jpg

Here's the deal tinkrrr... all this is guess-timation on my part. But, logic would indicate that air flow through the larger diameter tube would be the reason why, when I switch back and forth between an EVOD head and a Protank head, I can immediately tell the difference in flavor and vapor quality.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Hard to say. Got a Q-tip? I've got a white paper shaft type Q-tip in my hand and the shaft is 2.55mm. If you cut off the head (cleanly, with no burrs or boogers) the shaft will drop into a Protank head, but will not fit in a EVOD head. By the way, every dimension I've provided are from genuine Kanger products... if you're using copies, I can't vouch for those.

Last edited:

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    I just recently bought a whole bunch of Kanger Evods. I really like them for my everyday vaping. I mean, I also like to use a 510 Atty, and sometimes I whip out the carto tanks(but Im out of Boge XL carts for the time being), or even just use a carto on its own.. but more often then not, I use the Evods.

I originally purchased I think like 8 of them from My Vapor Store. All different colors, including stainless.

They all came with Kanger Pro Tank heads installed, except two.

Then, I purchased another bunch of them from MBV.
    Every single one of them from MBV came with the old "Evod" heads.

I also grabbed replacement heads from both vendors. ALL the replacements are ProTank heads, or now, "Evod/Protank" heads. MVS lists the two seperately but are apparently the same thing. MBV calls them Protanl/Evod heads.

My experience has been simple.

the PRotank Heads work better overall. But, on thicker juices, removing the top wick helps a ton. Actually, it even works nice on regular juices too. The Evod heads, for whatever reason, just dont seem to produce as satisfying a vape as the protank heads.

However, one thing.. when you remove one of the top wicks, the Evod will leak when the juice level gets low. Seems to be fine when first filled and about 2/3 of the tank, but towards the end, it will leak like crazy.

But overall, I think these things are really great.. just the BCC design in general. They DO mute the flavor a bit as compared to a simple 510 atty, BUT, not a whole lot, and for what you get in terms of hassle free use, its not a bad tradeoff.

Id like to try some other BCC designs.. Ismoka BCC Tanks, Davide', and of course some Protanks.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread