Opinions on the Triton for a Newbie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atimmer7700

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Austin, Texas
Midnight Apple was something I threw in the back of the drawer after I first tasted it in a mini - but that was when I first started vaping, so I should probably give it another chance!

Definitely give MA another try. I, too, didn't dig it on first blush. But once I start a tank, I finish it. By the time the Triton was down to the 1.2mL mark I was loving it. It tastes the way one of my Grandpa's old pipe tobaccos smelled, dark and mysterious up front, with a smoked/roasted apple finish. It's now heavily favored in my weekly rotation.

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
MBV basically just buys a flavour from the perfumes apprentice and dilutes it, there's not much mixology going on there.
MBV is like buying an apple from the supermarket, nothing wrong with that, and halo is like a meal prepared from a trained chef.

Personally, aside from a few liquids that I actually like from MBV (Butterscotch and Caramel Candy), I've yet to have one of their liquids actually "wow" me. I liked Hawk Sauce for a while, but even with extra flavor and all that, after about 2 weeks, the flavors seem to just kinda fall off to "flat".
Granted, for the price you're paying from them on their liquids, its kinda moot. If I was paying $15+ for a 30ml, then there'd be issues. Heck, there might even be subscriptions at that point. My advice is just avoid the BK (your way!) of the vaping world, and get a quality liquid from vendors such as Halo.
I mean, in a pinch, I'll hit up Mickey D's or BK for fast, cheap, tastes "meh" sustenance. But I prefer to have the good stuff.

weskeene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Quincy, IL
Of the Tobacco flavors that Halo makes, I'd say Torque is a great "true tobacco" flavor, its similar as another said to a less sweet Tribecca, with hints of prime in it... but that's just perhaps that they all seem to share a common tobacco base to them as well.

Tribecca: Sweet vanilla/ caramel 'baccy
Prime: Semi sweet, nutty 'baccy
Torgque: 'baccy. NIIIICE TH even at 12mg on this one.

I keep all three on hand, because sometimes, I want one over the other, or even variants of some of them mixed together. Its certainly worth grabbing a sample size to see if you like it, Wes.

Dave, bro, I am sooo sorry to hear that the Joisey Triangle has got you all twisted up... I really hope they fix whatever the issue is up there. :oops:

On my next order I'm going to snag some, as well as Prime, most likely. Thanks for all the helpful advice.

Wes

James T. Liverbottom

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
Duluth, GA
Here is an update: So, A friend of a friend has a Triton with a VV battery, and they where gracious enough to let me try it out for the day. WOW! was the only thing that popped in my head as I took my first puff of the loaded Midnight apple. I was so impressed with it (tried to keep it JK.:D) that I went ahead and ordered some blank G6 carts, a drip tip. a couple mini tanks(couldn't pass up the 20% off deal) today so I can try new flavors without having to drain and clean the Triton tanks which I ordered 2 more of in blue and a VV battery.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the whole time puffing away on it, I never reached for a cigarette! I have been a 1-1/2 pack a day smoker for 11 years now. With the LJ I wanted a cigarette immediately, with the Triton I know I will quit!:vapor: My taste buds want the Triton, but unfortunately they have to suffer a little more with these American Spirits until I get my kit.

Last edited:

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Nice. That VV rocks. That's why I got a couple of them.

You can rig a carto to just take a few drips. Take the wadding out. It's great for trying out a flavor.

But most juices I've tried are just better in the Triton tank. But we all will taste it differently, and it's cool to have 3 options to make vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread