the Halo Triton Hopefully not Lizard Juice- HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

James T. Liverbottom

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
Duluth, GA
So I wanted to try E-cigs to get off of cigarettes, and a buddy of mine recommended some local company called Lizard juice. The only thing that became apparent was that Lizard juice is garbage and is overpriced. I purchased their starter kit in store 6 months ago and the battery has already died. Their products are just overpriced and they try to fleece people that are new to the E-Cig market. I paid $70 with tax for 1 lizard juice clearomizer(1.6ML), a 400mah battery and the charger...+ an additional $22 for a BOGO 16ml bottle of their outlaw brand and something called Lizard Milk.(tastes like a pina colada that was made with rotten milk.) its 100% PG and they said they outsource the making of their E-juice, but no one knows from where.(probably from China.) So I gave up for a bit and started smoking "Analogs" again. Then I recently started looking at E-Cigs again, mostly because im just getting tired of smoking cigarettes, and it's all confusing between the ohms and voltages, so I started looking for starter kits again, and stumbled on the Halo Triton tank system. I have been watching and reading reviews about it for almost 3 weeks now, but I figured I would sign up to this site and ask is the hype about this companies product and juices really true?

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Hi and Welcome to ECF!

The Halo products and liquids are good - just be aware its a pretty standard ego battery with proprietary threading. It is a perfectly great device, you are limited to using Halo tank systems only. That being said - you are probably better off to spend 15 bucks on the Evod Katana Starter pack at vapedojo.com or something along those lines - same idea as far as performance, but with standard 510/eGo threading and a Halo liquid sampler pack.

Please dont take this wrong - Halo kits are a good product, you would want to be OK with being locked in on your tank options. With 510/eGo threading you can move up the device latter should you so choose and any tanks/toppers or what have you will still be useful on future devices.

I am not trying to tell you not to go through Halo, but it appears to me that most branded e-cigs tend to more expensive. I am no expert on Halo, but I believe that they use their own connections, which make it harder to get accessories such as new tanks and stuff. I have bought stuff from Madvapes before, and the shipping is pretty quick. Here is a link to a kit that they offer for $35, much cheaper than Halo. Smok Tech 900mAh eGo RBC Kit. Again, I am not trying to advertise for anyone, but you can look around and find starter kits for much cheaper. Best of luck to you.

James T. Liverbottom

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
Duluth, GA
Hey everyone! Thanks for the quick replies. I have looked at the recommendations you guys listed, and I will research them more. I read somewhere that you can use an adapter for the Triton to make it fit standard 510/eGO parts as well. I am completely new to vaping though, and I don't know what the impacts of OHM ratings and the battery voltages have on the experience. Can anyone enlighten me on that? Also, What is a good nicotine level to use? I have been smoking American Spirit Blue packs, at about a pack a day.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Ok the Mah rating is milliampere-hour - or in english - how long your battery will last. 1000mah and up is going to get you through a day - or at least the standard "working hours" one tends to be gone/ out.

Ohms - the resistance of the coil in whatever atomizer you should choose. Your volts play a big factor here. With fixed voltage (a device that has no option but on/off/fire) is going to run ~3.3Volts so you will be better off 2-2.4 Ohm range when selecting atomizers/tanks/cartos/coil replacements. With a variable voltage device you can broaden your Ohms - raise and lower the voltage to change your experience. Going higher or lower (dependent upon your chosen Ohms/resistance) will allow you to find your own "sweet spot" for Flavor, Vapor production and throat hit.

I ordered 18 and 24 when I first switched. I found that I needed 24 for the first few days - as I got over the change it was a bit strong, so I settled at 18 and went for the 24 in times of crisis. Worst case - you can always dilute it with USP (Pharmaceutical grade ONLY) VG that can be had for a few bucks at any pharmacy. You cant add in nic if you order to low and dont have a B&M store near by.

Hope this helps some and wasnt to confusing!!

SkoOtz.DC

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2014
Washington DC
I have one, i like it, it works well. Am i ever buying another? No. I was not overly impressed with the VV battery construction. The rotation post on mine was very very tight. My friends much looser and i dont like different outcomes in a manufacturing process. It makes me uneasy about Quality Control.

As has been stated in this thread, with HALO you lock yourself into a proprietary connection type with no adapters. only what that company chooses to develop and market. When you can get something that will behave identically or better while giving you a much larger array of accessories and options. The Triton tanks work, i vaped one today. My protank2 works better IMO. And im going to grab a mini soon. Having asked a similar question recently i will tell you what they told me.

Get a Spinner or Innokin iTaste V3. That way you can use any tanks you want and arent locked into a single company. I personally want to be able to hear about a new amazing drip atty or rba, order it and know i have a device i can stick it on.

But yeah, there juices are delicious. I love Malibu.

Last edited:

James T. Liverbottom

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
Duluth, GA
So, Lets say you are me and it's your first time buying(not counting that rip off I got my head slapped on :() you want the best experience possible to keep you away from those nasty analogs. Doing it all over again with the experience you have gained what would you get SkoOtz?(batteries, Tanks, and anything else you can think of.)

SkoOtz.DC

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2014
Washington DC
So, Lets say you are me and it's your first time buying(not counting that rip off I got my head slapped on :() you want the best experience possible to keep you away from those nasty analogs. Doing it all over again with the experience you have gained what would you get SkoOtz?(batteries, Tanks, and anything else you can think of.)

Easy. i just ordered one for my sister this evening, after some excellent advice from our friends here. A Innokin V3. Everything says its reliable and a solid performer. Plus the convenience of Variable Wattage vaping cant be denied. And that little extra voltage range doesnt hurt either. For the tops, a protank mini. I like the protank 2's myself but experts say the mini beats it on every front but capacity. And you will be keeping them topped off for the best vape anyway. I would also grab an EVOD as well for the shear convenience, esp if it is going to be your out and about PV.

That seems like a quality set up that you could still enjoy vaping even if you get all the way into those top of the line mods etc. But still have a easy upkeep.

but take all this with a grain of salt, its just my personal opinion and im far from a quotable source.

EDIT: I wanted to add, i have never had an issue with Triton tanks. I think they are solid. My only major issue is the proprietary fitting on the device itself. Still dont love the VV batt, but it works fine.

Last edited:
If I were you, I would get any eGo style starter kit. You really can't go wrong whit them. They are not that expensive. If you are anything like me, you will want to upgrade, although I do not regret getting mine. I have tried multiple different tanks such as the Kanger EVOD and T3S. If you go with the Halo Triton, you will be locked in to using their clearomizers unless you got an adapter. I don't know what kind you would need, but I have seen it elsewhere on ECF.

gopher_byrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
Peoples Republic of California
EDIT: I wanted to add, i have never had an issue with Triton tanks. I think they are solid. My only major issue is the proprietary fitting on the device itself. Still dont love the VV batt, but it works fine.

The Halo line of equipment uses K808 threading which is not proprietary. It is not as common as 510/eGo, but it definitely is not proprietary.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I started with Halo and other similar products and used them for 6 months. There is not much wrong with them...but they are limiting. The Halo is 808/ego threaded. The rest of the industry is 510/ego threaded. This means that you will be very, repeat very, limited in what you can use and where you can buy it.

Let me repeat the Halo and the similar Smokeless Image are good responsible companies that helped me quit smoking. But...

In my opinion, in the long run you will regret that you will be unable to use many of the existing or new shiny objects. That is what happened to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread