Opinions, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

simmi5

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
Escanaba, Michigan, a Yooper!
I am absolutely dying to get a 5v pv even though I have enough 901 and 801 stuff to last me for a couple of years. lol

What do all of you that are experienced with these think are the best ones? I'm a constant vaper and really want one....it's just a matter of saving up some bucks to get one. If there are good ones that work with 801/901 attys, all the better.

Lorizgal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2010
Really near the mexican border.
I have heard the best 5V mod is the Big Chuck! THAG BUILT: A Wolf in Sheeps Clothing!
It's a custom mod and you get to customize it if you want.
With any graphics you like. I think it's like 90.00 or so you might want to check.
There is also a mod called the "little sister" and it is variable...going from 3.7v - 7v for 65.00 or so. It's the only variable mod under 100.00.
www.boxmods.net
so now you have two to look at.

Blaze

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Kentucky
I have heard the best 5V mod is the Big Chuck! THAG BUILT: A Wolf in Sheeps Clothing!
It's a custom mod and you get to customize it if you want.
With any graphics you like. I think it's like 90.00 or so you might want to check.
There is also a mod called the "little sister" and it is variable...going from 3.7v - 7v for 65.00 or so. It's the only variable mod under 100.00.
www.boxmods.net
so now you have two to look at.

The Chuck is a 6v (with 2x 3v batts), but it IS prolly the best PV out there IMO, at least of the many I've tried so far :D

I've heard nothing but good things about the GLV2 and the little sister mod :)

EDIT: I would, however, reco going with a cheap 5v box mod tho until you know that you like the 5v vaping (having used a PT does not count, they don't run at a true 5v).

simmi5

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
Escanaba, Michigan, a Yooper!
I kind of care about appearance, and in general don't find the box mods to be very attractive.....dumb, I know. I have tried Toni's Saber and liked the 5v, though, so I'm not too concerned about that. My quest is for a solid, good looking one that doesn't cause me to not have money to eat for a week. lol

I really appreciate the recommendations! I'm just clueless when it comes down to these.

Blaze

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Kentucky
I kind of care about appearance, and in general don't find the box mods to be very attractive.....dumb, I know. I have tried Toni's Saber and liked the 5v, though, so I'm not too concerned about that. My quest is for a solid, good looking one that doesn't cause me to not have money to eat for a week. lol

I really appreciate the recommendations! I'm just clueless when it comes down to these.

Well, just going by this description, I'd have to say a GLV2 then. I personally have never owned one, but I don't think I've ever read a bad review about the mod itself :)

Otherwise, I'd say a Chuck w/ 2x 3v LiFePO4 batts for 6v :)

Altho bear in mind if you have any sort of mechnical inclination, it's is TONS cheaper to built one yourself ;)

mianker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2010
USA
I have a 5V GLV2 and though it works great I no longer use it as I don't like the button placement. I have had it about 3 weeks and occasionally try it to see if it feels more natural but it's a no go for me. I bought it in Nebula Green and it looks fantastic, fires everytime, I just can't get use to the top button. Just something for you to consider before you end up like me with another PV collecting dust. LOL

Last edited:

Blaze

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Kentucky
I have a 5V GLV2 and though it works great I no longer use it as I don't like the button placement. I have had it about 3 weeks and occasionally try it to see if it feels more natural but it's a no go for me. I bought it in Nebula Green and it looks fantastic, fires everytime, I just can't get use to the top button. Just something for you to consider before you end up like me with another PV collecting dust. LOL

Well, if it's just collecting dust, I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands so it can get some use :D LOL

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
I know most people seem to really like the placement of the button. I love the way button works & it seems so durable, the GLV2 is a great PV just not the right one for me. I am deffinately glad I tried it and the 5V is awsome.

That sucks that you didn't like it! What kind of button do you like? I like my GLV because I can throw it in my purse and I know it won't go off. My Joker has a small button at the top, but I'm not so confident putting it in my purse.

mianker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2010
USA
The PVs I use are my Prodigy, Protege and Chameleon/Lizzard. I guess the button placement really works for me. Although the buttons can be glitchy I do regular maintenance and find they work great for me. The other thing I really like about these Pvs is I can repair the switches myself which works out great for me. I carry them in a modified cell phone carrier with a belt clip or my pocket and have never had a misfire. I had a SB and loved the button it reminds me of the GLV 2 button but the SB was too large for me.

mianker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2010
USA
I have a Puresmoker passthru that I sometimes use, just don't like being tethered. My Prodigy does either HV or 3.7 depending on what batterys I use. They say it's 5V but I haven't tested that. I can also use my Lizzard (Chameleon with the longer tube) for HV. So I am all set without using the GLV2. Seems I just want to try everything at least once. After buying the GLV2 I am quite sure the button location is more important to me than I thought. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread