Origen Genesis v2 Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
70VG is pretty thick for mesh. Could be part of the problem but, you got away with it in the Sat so....
Could see back to back hits going dry....

For 70% VG you might want to try 325 mesh.

I run a MaxVG juice which is 80% VG and sometimes higher. I use a 200 bottom/400 top mesh wick or should I just use 200 all the way?

What are the recommendations for a 50/50 juice?

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
50/50 is my cutoff for 400 in a gen setup. Even then has to be a wide wick hole.
I actually prefer 70PG but, got tired of having so much extra VG. Wicks great, more TH, and can use less flavoring which reduces gunking as well.

I have 325 but, never really used it. Bought it for thicker juices, then started DIY

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
70VG is pretty thick for mesh. Could be part of the problem but, you got away with it in the Sat so....
Could see back to back hits going dry....

Once tilted and saturated I can chain vape it. But, I'll try a 50/50 liquid. I have several.

Just curious what you folks recommend on method for cleaning and dry burning.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Just curious what you folks recommend on method for cleaning and dry burning.

Well, assuming we are talking about a genny, I empty the tank out with a syringe, pull the wick out, burn it off, then burn off the coil, let it cool a bit, then pick the carbon off with a dental pick until it's nice and clean, then slip the wick back in, and use the same dental pick to work out any hot spots and get the coil glowing nice and even. Then just squirt the juice back into the tank and vape.

I find that dental pick to be a very useful tool.

Last edited:

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Nice thing about the Origen design is you can remove and rinse the tank without disturbing the coil to change flavors. Other tanks I'd use a syringe and flush with water to change flavors. Dry burning when finished rinsing.

You can dry burn in place quite a few times but, eventually you should remove the whole wick and torch it. Then coil again.

Edit: even if you just dry burn, hitting it with some water will take away some of that nasty dry burn taste..

Last edited:
Reactions: TrollDragon

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I can't get my tank off :facepalm: It almost looks like its glued on.
That is a big complaint even for the Authentic owners. The little ring needs to be turned without any squeezing pressure applied to it. Try one of those little thick rubber bands from broccoli etc. If you still can't get it off, then putting the unit in the freezer for a while can help. Also if you leave the top cap on and try to turn it and the little ring at the same time as one, that will sometimes help get it loose.

Afterwards I follow what Qorax does for all his tanks and put a little unflavored lip balm on all the o-rings before assembly. He uses a version of Burt's Bees, but I can't find any without a strong smell or flavor. So I use a Nivea Active for men product that has no flavor, smell or shine.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Roxy, I know its a bit sacrilegious to Genny puritans, but the Origenny is quite nice with a bit of cotton in it, those big deck holes hiding under the chamber reducer aren't there to save weight :pervy: a strip of ... cotton drinks the tank dry really well in the Origenny.

All three of the Origen V2 I have the tanks were sooo tight on them when they arrived, only way I managed to get them off is to carefully wrap tape around each part to build up a grip about half inch thick, not only does it give you some extra leverage, but it also helps prevent flex/binding.

That is one improvement in the MRK II with the slip fit tank those issues are gone.

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Roxy, I know its a bit sacrilegious to Genny puritans, but the Origenny is quite nice with a bit of cotton in it, those big deck holes hiding under the chamber reducer aren't there to save weight :pervy: a strip of ... cotton drinks the tank dry really well in the Origenny.

All three of the Origen V2 I have the tanks were sooo tight on them when they arrived, only way I managed to get them off is to carefully wrap tape around each part to build up a grip about half inch thick, not only does it give you some extra leverage, but it also helps prevent flex/binding.

That is one improvement in the MRK II with the slip fit tank those issues are gone.

I was running a rayon build and it worked well. I'm an experimenter though so had to try mesh :)

I'm definitely getting the MK II one if I decide I want one of these permanently.

mstave

Jun 12, 2014
Baltimore, MD
I love this tank! I have 2 (clones) and I use dual coil Ti claptons with the big holes and cotton wick - great flavor and good vapor! Ordered a clone from Gearbest and the .......s sent it to me without the dual coil insert. They are now claiming that's the way it comes - no dual coil insert - fair warning - the low clone price is there because they send you a crippled device.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Gearbest is my last choice for buying anything, they are 5 for 5 on missing and or broken parts on my 5 most recent orders from them, and trying to sort it out with the crummy customer service is an exercise in futility.

I'm still very much enjoying my two Tobeco MRK IIs from Kanvape.

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
After trying few clones decided to go for authentic.

_DSF3547-Edit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread