Origen Genesis v2 Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Underhill

Jun 1, 2015
Saint Louis MO
I've bee using the the authentic V2 mkII 4ml with dual Ti 3.0mm builds and recently I've been using the Scottish Roll with cotton for the wicks, and it's nearly impossible to tell the difference between mesh. Mesh has been retired for now. We'll see how things play out, But boy is it nice in this configuration. It works like a dream.

Last edited:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I've bee using the the authentic V2 mkII 4ml with dual Ti 3.0mm builds and recently I've been using the Scottish Roll with cotton for the wicks, and it's nearly impossible to tell the difference between mesh. Mesh has been retired for now. We'll see how things place out, But boy is it nice in the configuration. It works like a dream.
I was just sitting there today looking at my Origenny wondering what kind of TC build to put in it... I was going to try Ti over mesh but you have given me the answer. :D

Scottish Roll it is!
Thanks!

Mr. Underhill

Jun 1, 2015
Saint Louis MO
Yeah I've been using 6 wraps and 3mm diameter. I also make sure the coils are right in from of the air holes. and I try to keep the cotton sticking out the top to a reasonable minimum. It's easy to block the air flow if the cotton is being pushed down be the chimney, you need to make sure there is enough airflow to really take advantage of the build. Plus the Scottish Roll technique leads to really fluffy wicks which is really it's main purpose. Good luck!

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Yeah I've been using 6 wraps and 3mm diameter. I also make sure the coils are right in from of the air holes. and I try to keep the cotton sticking out the top to a reasonable minimum. It's easy to block the air flow if the cotton is being pushed down be the chimney, you need to make sure there is enough airflow to really take advantage of the build. Plus the Scottish Roll technique leads to really fluffy wicks which is really it's main purpose. Good luck!
Thanks for the tips!

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
I've bee using the the authentic V2 mkII 4ml with dual Ti 3.0mm builds and recently I've been using the Scottish Roll with cotton for the wicks, and it's nearly impossible to tell the difference between mesh. Mesh has been retired for now. We'll see how things play out, But boy is it nice in this configuration. It works like a dream.
I haven't touched mesh since I discovered the Scottish roll method. Using single Kanthal 28GA coil, 5 wraps over 3 mm. No dry hits and the flavour is out of this world.

Reactions: TrollDragon

thekraut

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Hamburg, Germany
I haven't touched mesh since I discovered the Scottish roll method. Using single Kanthal 28GA coil, 5 wraps over 3 mm. No dry hits and the flavour is out of this world.

Scottish roll works great in the Genesis V2... no leaking, no dry hits and flavour is spot on. Using a similar build as you 3mm id 28g 7 wraps. Running it on a mech box at 5,2v and it really chucks...

thekraut

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Hamburg, Germany
kldkDTw.jpg

Evic VTC Mini / Origen Genesis V2 MK2 Tobeco / Vaponaute No.14 Drip Tip

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
I am using it with Origen 6ml, same way as I would you use the mesh roll.
How are you getting the wick into the tank when you have to force it thru the coil. I thought about doing this a few hours ago when I re-wicked mine and did not think I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread