Origin Vape Giveaway Part 2!! OMG Flavors and Custom Starter Kit Giveaway!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
Q: If you've heard fantastic things about a juice vendor's flavors from people you trust (as opposed to reading random reviews) but have never personally tried any of the flavors, will you buy a larger quantity of that vendor's juice if it goes on sale or do you stick to your guns and just order a small size?
To answer my own question: I actually do occasionally buy a larger bottle, usually due to a sale price or a short-run of a highly-esteemed flavor that fits my profile. BUT... I really have to hear good things from others (usually on ECF) that I trust.

Again:
Q: If you've heard fantastic things about a juice vendor's flavors from people you trust (as opposed to reading random reviews) but have never personally tried any of the flavors, will you buy a larger quantity of that vendor's juice if it goes on sale or do you stick to your guns and just order a small size?

And a new question:
Q: When given the choice at check-out, do you usually spend more to get a glass bottle?

RedGremlin

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2014
Perth, Western Australia
greetings all :)

Congrats Dykealiscious!

A: i only order small sizes as i still have smokers tongue and can only taste menthol right now. even if the flavour is highly recommended and sounds tempting, taste is subjective after all, none of us will perceive things exactly the same and we all have different preferences :)

TamiP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
Illinois
thevapevine.blogspot.com

A good review of any level from someone that I trust would not get me to buy a bigger size, BUT it would get me interested to try it at all. Trying new vendors can be a little daunting, so seeing a good sale after reading a good review is a very tempting way to get me to try a new place out.

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
To answer my own question: I actually do occasionally buy a larger bottle, usually due to a sale price or a short-run of a highly-esteemed flavor that fits my profile. BUT... I really have to hear good things from others (usually on ECF) that I trust.

Again:

And a new question:
Q: When given the choice at check-out, do you usually spend more to get a glass bottle?

I go with the smallest size unless I have ordered from that vendor before or the cost of the larger size is at least half the per ml cost of the smaller size. It also has to fit my flavor profile. I am not cheap... just frugal :D

NO, I prefer the plastic bottles with the needle dripper on them, less chance of me spilling than using a dropper. If the juice is one I feel needs to be stored in glass, I will transfer it to an empty glass bottle until time to use it. Then will transfer what I am going to use to a small plastic bottle as needed.

Again:

And a new question:

Carolina Vapoor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2012
North Carolina, US

I always order the smaller bottles regardless of what I have heard from others. You can give the exact same juice to 10 people and it will taste different to each of them. There are so many factors that affect the taste of a juice from taste buds, delivery device, down to wicking material.

To date I have not.

Same questions:

bellastarr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
USA
7/16
2. Q: When given the choice at check-out, do you usually spend more to get a glass bottle?
No, I'm cheap like that though...lol. I'm also clumsy as heck and I'd drop and break a glass bottle. Plastic bounces, glass breaks.

TamiP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
Illinois
thevapevine.blogspot.com
No, I'm cheap like that TOO though...BUT, I do appreciate a vendor that makes their juices IN GLASS bottles because I like that much better than plastic, and will tend to buy more from those that just make it that way, no option, no upgrade.

WifeyCO

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Mile Hi City
No, I also like the plastic needle cap bottles, they make it alot easier to fill the tanks.

Q: Do you prefer built in batteries or adding batteries?
Both, but if I had to make a choice, I would say built in.

Try them again-

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA

I like both...I love my mvp, which has built in batteries, but also love my mechs, which require adding batteries...I probably actually use the mechs more, as I have three of them!

New question:
Q:If you win a juice in a contest from a vendor and the juice is horrible, unvapeable, do you let them know or just keep quiet?

yasmin817

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Hopewell, NJ, USA

never ..... I always manage to make a mess with those glass dropper bottles. If I have one in glass that comes that way, I will transfer 5mL at a time to a plastic dripper bottle. Plus, glass is breakable and I'm clumsy sometimes.

Not sure I have a preference, I suppose it's more convenient to use built in batteries, just throw the whole device on the charger instead of having to remove batteries, but the only problem is that when the battery goes bad, the whole device is garbage. With removable batteries, you just buy a new battery.

Q:If you win a juice in a contest from a vendor and the juice is horrible, unvapeable, do you let them know or just keep quiet?

I keep quiet ..... I feel bad if someone sends me a freebie and I don't like it or can't use it. I always to to PIF whenever I can, so I just pass it along, what maybe horrible to me, maybe someone else's favorite.

Keep em going ....

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
No. But I do admire the glass bottles I receive from vendors who only ship in glass. They often have more interesting labels than those that ship in plastic.

I don't really have a preference--although if one were to go by the usage of my MVP vs. my Vamo, one would think the former.

I keep quiet, or, if pushed, say something diplomatic like, "Wow, that's a strong flavor!"

Keep them going:

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
do you prefer built in batteries or adding batteries?

I prefer adding batteries. They are less expensive, and you can change the size of your mod depending on the size of your batteries. The Purple Efests seem to last a long time, and I can charge several at a time.Having more batteries than mods means you never run out!

I also tend to like the equipment I use, and I can still use it when the battery is no good, rather than throwing it away.

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA

I normally buy a small bottle. Once on a thread I participate in, everyone loved a particular Cheesecake flavor. Most were buying it with added flavorings, but a lot also liked it plain. For that flavor, I bought a larger bottle of the Cheesecake, and several smaller bottles of the different flavors. That way I could change it out depending on my mood.

It was a good decision!

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
Q: When given a choice at check out do you usually spend more to get a glass bottle?

I really prefer glass, but don't always pay extra when ordering it.

Q:If you win a juice in a contest from a vendor and the juice is horrible, unvapeable, do you let them know or just keep quiet?[/QUOTE]

I have never let them know, because I don't want to complain about a gift, and what is good or bad to one person, is just the opposite to others.

The one I probably should have complained about is the one who sent out the juice in really hard plastic bottles that you can't squeeze. All the tank cracker type juices cracked the plastic bottles, so I never got to try my winnings. He still runs a very popular contest, and I haven't seen anyone else complaining about his bottles. It took him 3 weeks to mail my juices, and I did see him mentioning something about running out of his usual bottles on another of his threads, so I'm thinking that he ran out and had to get some cheaper ones, and that's why my winnings were so late, and also why no one else had the juice crack the bottles in his later contests.

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California

Even though I believe that the chemicals in plastic can leach into juice, I don't pay extra for glass. I also like the way glass bottles look and feel, so I save the ones that come with some of my juice.

Again:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread