Status
Not open for further replies.

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
Does Aus count? Come on we're supposed to be allies :p ;) I'm expecting mine to arrive Early next week all goes well, I can't wait to try it :)

Sure, why not? I am just curious on actual numbers here. Seems like more of the originals made it over here but the first sale was fast & furious.

VPDownunder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2010
Tasmania, Australia
It'll be my first Genesis mod too, it's a pretty basic thing to setup by the looks of the vids. The things to pay the most attention to is getting rid of hotspots in the coil by dry burning and manipulating the individual coils with a needle until everything glows even, make sure the SS wick is properly oxidised and use the correct mesh grade for the juice.

Edit: Another good tip I picked up was doing a quick break in by putting a few ml of pg or vg and turning it upside down while pulsing the button for 5 secs or so at a time until the tank is empty.

Last edited:

VPDownunder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2010
Tasmania, Australia
My Orion is stuck in customs. Hasn't moved since Wednesday.:(.

Sorry to hear that, I hate customs :( I don't know where mine is, only that it was handed over for international delivery to aus on the 19th. Auspost says tracking is unavailable for that item, bloody useless for tracking lol.

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
Posted Monday.. made it to NY on Wednesday then nothing. Have dealt w/ customs delays a few times. It'll eventually get here but can be delayed for quite a few days.

Can you say what type of mesh comes w/ the Orion 2? I have a huge piece of the 400 mesh but mostly vape all vg juice. Wondering if this will be a problem. Should have ordered the 325 instead. I've got some PG juices but they're not my favs.

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
It does not come with mesh, just wick & wire. Enough to do many set ups. I don't like the wick. It is thick & thin and sheds pretty badly. The silica braided rope I have left over from our chimney sweep biz is much better.

If you order 400 mesh from the UK co. (don't remember the name right now), they send some 325 free. Order 2 400 and got +2-325. You could also try to thin with PGA if you have wicking issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread