Overcoming the FDA Apocalypse...What are you doing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
Our biggest concern over here is for the countless people that may never get the chance to switch to vaping. While many people can and will DIY, there is a much larger segment of the population that can't or won't DIY. I do hope that regulations do not stop us from doing what we do.

Knowing since the beginning of Copper Creek that vaping eventually would become an issue, we tried to plan accordingly.

I've received quite a few emails and pm's about this, and here is what I did say in response to the most recent pm regarding the potential outcome of the regulations.

I start each day with an hour of reading to see what has happened in the past 24 hours. We watch the legislation areas and follow many news sources regarding the issue.

While we are a "Mom and Pop" enterprise, we don't work at home. We at first used a separate house in a dual zoned area that we purchased and remodeled to suit our needs. Earlier this year we upgraded to a larger commercial building which was gutted and remodeled to include a clean room and a lab quality mixing room.

We set up our facilities with regulations and customer safety in mind, our mix room and clean room far surpass any food service regulations for our state. We used them as guidelines, then went further than required so that we would pass even the most stringent inspections. On that level, I am not at all concerned. We already label our products properly, list ingredients and a have a warning on them. We use child resistant caps unless a customer requests us to not to so.

What I am concerned about however is the possibility of the FDA deciding to regulate our industry the same as the tobacco industry is regulated, where you must submit each product and it's variations for approval, the cost for each application runs approx. $500,000. There is no time frame that they must follow for the applications, and some small cigarette manufacturers have spent millions, waited over 10 years, and still have not received a response to their app. It is very possible that this is the tactic they will take to remove all but BT from the playing field.

We all need to stay aware of the legislation regarding this, join CASAA, and make sure to speak up during the comment period. If not for yourself, please do it for others.

*steps off soap box*

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
That's true too.All those people who try those dreadful blucigs and never have a chance to really vape the good stuff on a good mod..I feel so bad for them..
Our biggest concern over here is for the countless people that may never get the chance to switch to vaping. While many people can and will DIY, there is a much larger segment of the population that can't or won't DIY. I do hope that regulations do not stop us from doing what we do.

Knowing since the beginning of Copper Creek that vaping eventually would become an issue, we tried to plan accordingly.

I've received quite a few emails and pm's about this, and here is what I did say in response to the most recent pm regarding the potential outcome of the regulations.

We all need to stay aware of the legislation regarding this, join CASAA, and make sure to speak up during the comment period. If not for yourself, please do it for others.

*steps off soap box*

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
I just want to take a moment here regarding the FDA deeming regulations.

The FDA has published their proposed regulations. We have not made any formal announcements regarding it yet, as we are waiting for the legal minds to decipher it.

Please don't mistake our silence for a "we don't care." What we don't care to do is spread misinformation. When we know something concrete, we will certainly post it here and on our site. Right now any action is simply swinging at ghosts until we know the meat and potatoes of the regs.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread