P I F a Supporting Member membership to someone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Hey All,

I have recently been overwhelmed by some of the supporting advertisers to this site...

Frankly, I do not want to see the ads, nor have them read over my shoulders by others.

I was ready to sign off entirely, and just leave. (I don't really do/view much anymore as a more seasoned vaper)

But... I was informed/made aware of the Supporting Member thingy. What a novel idea! (once a Supporting Member, you no longer see the ads)

I would like to PIF a Supporting Membership to someone whom may not be able to afford it. It may be that some other members may be of the same mind/heart.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Who shall my PIF'e be?

Thanks, Jim

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Is PIF’n a supported membership even allowed? I would take it up with the mod/admin staff of ECF before putting out an offer.

He already did :)

I think Mr. AstroTurf has a very kind and gracious offer :wub:

Anyone that would like to be a supporting member can click on the logo thingy for it under my avatar or the link in my signature.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Agreed. Cheapest solution...

Ublock Origin or Adblock Plus - free adblocker plugins.

Work like a charm.
    I have an ad blocker tied into my browser, but I became a supporting member just to do my small part in the combat of hardware/software/network costs. When I occasionally use someone else's browser or look at something they want to show me, I can never be shocked enough to see all the ads that are visible.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I have an ad blocker tied into my browser, but I became a supporting member just to do my small part in the combat of hardware/software/network costs.

Oh, I agree. Nothing wrong with becoming a supporting member. A forum like this isn't cheap to run.

I just wanted to address the problem of others seeing the questionable ads while you're on ECF surf at work or home. Ad blocker will solve that problem without expense.

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    I already had adblocker before becoming a supporting member. ECF proved it's worth to me before I joined so as soon as I could afford it I supported.

I've been using an adblocker (and feeling guilty about it) for some time while playing with the idea of supporting the site properly. @AstroTurf, you've already done some good by inspiring me to finally stump up. ECF has been a valuable resource for me. It's time I stopped leaching.

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 27, 2014
    I've been using an adblocker (and feeling guilty about it) for some time while playing with the idea of supporting the site properly. @AstroTurf, you've already done some good by inspiring me to finally stump up. ECF has been a valuable resource for me. It's time I stopped leaching.
    LIKE!!!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    He already did :)

I think Mr. AstroTurf has a very kind and gracious offer :wub:

Anyone that would like to be a supporting member can click on the logo thingy for it under my avatar or the link in my signature.

Behind all the silliness, there's always been one HECK of a heartbeat there. <3

H E A L P ! ! !

@Katdarling & @DPLongo22

I don't get around the forums like I used to, and, thought you two might know of someone that might like/need this type of thing.

Thanks, Jim

I'd be more than open, Turf, and I know that my partner-in-krime would be too. I'm not sure how to go about it exactly, but I believe our beloved Classy may have some ideas. I'll touch base with her privately.

For my part, I've gladly given my $24 each March since 2012, and I plan to let that ride as long as it hits. Whether I'm here a ton or not, it's the least I can do for this which has given me an immeasurable amount of "MUCH!".

If we were sitting at a card table, I'd say, "HIT ME AGAIN."

Kudos, @AstroTurf , as always. You never cease to surprise me. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 27, 2014
    Behind all the silliness, there's always been one HECK of a heartbeat there. <3

I'd be more than open, Turf, and I know that my partner-in-krime would be too. I'm not sure how to go about it exactly, but I believe our beloved Classy may have some ideas. I'll touch base with her privately.

For my part, I've gladly given my $24 each March since 2012, and I plan to let that ride as long as it hits. Whether I'm here a ton or not, it's the least I can do for this which has given me an immeasurable amount of "MUCH!".

If we were sitting at a card table, I'd say, "HIT ME AGAIN."

Kudos, @AstroTurf , as always. You never cease to surprise me. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
    DP

Your visit and perhaps a slight spread of the word is/would be greatly appreciated!

In your debt for more than you know!!!

Jim

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    DP

Your visit and perhaps a slight spread of the word is/would be greatly appreciated!

In your debt for more than you know!!!

Jim

I think not, sir, and/but I'll happily do all that I can.

As the man with the info, as I'd indicated, please keep me looped in.

Or loopy. Whatever. ;)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    KD, showing up (thank you for the tag, Turfness), and wondering what this is all about. No, I did not read the entirety, but I am sure the DPL will inform me.

Whatever you need from us, you silly willy Turfinator.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread