Paging Dr jimldk...

Status
Not open for further replies.

markab

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Hi jimldk,
Being a doctor I was hoping you could help me with a few questions. I have access to some labratory grade nicotine and propolyne glycol solutions and I'm interested in trying to make some of my own e-liquid. However due to nicotine's highly toxic nature I want to be sure not to poison myself :eek: According to Wikipedia (doing a search for e-cigarette) e-liquid contains approximately a dozen chemicals with proplyne glycol being the primary one (80%). I want to start by making a coffee flavored batch. Can you please supply me with a safe formula for making the e-liquid and the "flavoring" agent. Many thanks for all you do.

Mark

markab

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Hi Doc,
I just checked the catalogue and discovered that the solution they're selling is very weak. They sell 100ml bottles and in the description it states 10ml = 1 cigarette. I'm going to see if I can locate another local supplier and get back to you. Thanks.

Mark

jimldk said:
What is your Nicotine strength and propylene glycol solution strength?....Also your type of Nicotine(plant type for eg,tobaccum?)...?

Need those info first and you need chemical sets for mixing ..all are miscible with water (preferred distilled water.)

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
:) No worries mark...that just about the right strength for nicotine solution.....What about PG strength ??

Coffee essence....Easiest method for pure coffee essence is using about 250 gm of roasted coffee beans hot of the pan(slow fire with constant stirring to even out the beans for at least 1 hour ++)..pour in 10 cups of cold water(that will split the beans even further releasing more aroma) and leave it standing for 12 hours(cover it proper or else you'll get added extra flavours like insects :lol: )....Filter out the coffee beans and reheat the liquid over slow fire for at least 1 to 2 hours(the longer the more concentrate it becomes) to at least half the volume you start off with....test it out (sip a little sample..you'll get a strong aromatic taste) ..Next job is to get rid of the Black color...Need a lot of multi layered Muslin cloth and a high grade filter paper(1 micron FP) and slow tedious job of slow filtering to get a light yellow liquid(not much left ;) )...that will be it...Whew..sounds tedious but rewarding..My wife used it for Coffee cakes/cookies with my leftovers...Darn!!..I should be a cook.. :lol:

markab

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Hi Doc,
Thats great news about the nicotine. I'll check the catalogue about the PG strength and get back to you. Regarding the coffee beans, do you start out with fresh raw beans, or have they already been roasted once when purchased? Thanks.

Mark

jimldk said:
:) No worries mark...that just about the right strength for nicotine solution.....What about PG strength ??

Coffee essence....Easiest method for pure coffee essence is using about 250 gm of roasted coffee beans hot of the pan(slow fire with constant stirring to even out the beans for at least 1 hour ++)..pour in 10 cups of cold water(that will split the beans even further releasing more aroma) and leave it standing for 12 hours(cover it proper or else you'll get added extra flavours like insects :lol: )....Filter out the coffee beans and reheat the liquid over slow fire for at least 1 to 2 hours(the longer the more concentrate it becomes) to at least half the volume you start off with....test it out (sip a little sample..you'll get a strong aromatic taste) ..Next job is to get rid of the Black color...Need a lot of multi layered Muslin cloth and a high grade filter paper(1 micron FP) and slow tedious job of slow filtering to get a light yellow liquid(not much left ;) )...that will be it...Whew..sounds tedious but rewarding..My wife used it for Coffee cakes/cookies with my leftovers...Darn!!..I should be a cook.. :lol:

NerdyCinderella

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2008
Gotham City
Hey, I hope you cooks and chemists will make enough of your homemade brews and sell some to us members.

I don’t cook. Will cook a fried egg in the AM but otherwise – salads and frozen precooked foods.

And there doesn’t seem to be any e-liquid available here in the US.markets.
prettyplease.gif

Last edited:

NerdyCinderella

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2008
Gotham City
NerdyCinderella said:
Hey, I hope you cooks and chemists will make enough of your homemade brews and sell some to us members.
I don’t cook. Will cook a fried egg in the AM but otherwise – salads and frozen precooked foods.
And there doesn’t seem to be any e-liquid available here in the US.markets.
prettyplease.gif
I finally did find a 30ml eliquid bottle to purchase so I won't bother all you chemists and cooks, for now anyhow.

lol.gif

Last edited:

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Evil Santa said:
Is it possible to convert/dilute Nicotine Sulfate, into the right amount for use in e-liquid?
Not a good idea at the moment..nicotine sulfate is manufactured for insecticide use..it remains toxic even at low levels and potentially dangerous to those allergic to Sulphur based products.... :|

Evil Santa

May 19, 2008
jimldk said:
Evil Santa said:
Is it possible to convert/dilute Nicotine Sulfate, into the right amount for use in e-liquid?
Not a good idea at the moment..nicotine sulfate is manufactured for insecticide use..it remains toxic even at low levels and potentially dangerous to those allergic to Sulphur based products.... :|

I figured as much, but i was wondering if it wouldn't be too hard to distill the Sulphur out of it, and then dilute the nicotine with a saline solution.

Oh well, I'll look into another way to make e-liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread