Parts for the ViVi Nova Heads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WindLvr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2011
Erie, PA
I was wondering if individual parts will be made available for those of us who rebuild our own heads? I have noticed that after a few rebuilds that the little rubber grommet that insulates the positive connector at the very bottom of them head is starting to show too much wear. In some cases I have had to throw a couple away because they were burnt, or just starting to disintegrate after a couple of months worth of serious vaping. I found 32g Kanthal wire and 100% cotton wick that works great for rebuilding these heads, and provides absolutely awesome flavor. I can't however find these grommets anywhere. Is there anyway possible to order some of these? Or I guess I will have to break down and buy the newer version heads. I still have the original version tank, and have had no problems with it. I would hate to screw up a good thing. :vapor:

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
Yes Please Danno, Can we buy some of those rubbers ? Maybe a little bag of them say 5-10 pieces in a bag or something?

When I needed a new one once, I took apart an old cartomizer (808) and it worked good but I don't have many of those left since you got me hooked on the nova and stardusts :unsure:

p.s. They don't have to be yellow, just rubber :D

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
the little rubber grommet or whatever you call it can be harvested from almost any 510 thing be it a ce2 or an atty or a filler carto. if its dead you can rip the center pin out (carefully depending on the kind of carto) and there is the gasket. most of the junk i have taken apart has had the same or similar center post seal that should be more than usable for this. only issue i can see is they are not all made of the same materials and there is no sure way to see which ones might scorch and cause a bad taste from the coil legs if they get too hot like in the v1 heads

though it would be nice to be able to just order a handful of new ones to have on hand when needed....

WindLvr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2011
Erie, PA
At this point in time I have been solely using stuff that can be rebuilt. I prefer building my own anyways. I'm a gearhead at heart, and have tinkered with every piece of vaping equipment I've bought. Some I broke cause it didn't like to be tinkered with, and I just make it do something else! I don't think I use anything that has that piece in it. I suppose I could buy a bunch of connectors and take them apart to harvest my part, but that seems so wasteful. Trust me though, that thought has obviously crossed my mind!!!

A gearhead at heart! (with a slight case of ADD :ohmy:) Think I found my next tattoo idea!!!
motor tattoo heart.jpg

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
nothing?
everything 510 i have ever taken apart has had a similar gasket between the center pin and the outside threads. both male AND female 510 connectors have it.
anything with the connector. almost EVERY kind of 510 carto and battery connector - in fact i dont think i have taken apart anything that didnt have it except for maybe the vivi nova base part but there might be another one at the top of the center pin under where the head screws on.
only other thing i can think that might not have one is say a stardust or c8 where it has the outer ego threads but to be fair that's not really a 510 its an ego connector. i've only had a couple of those and didnt tear them apart as i really didnt have any interest in working on them - too many other good things got my attention right now lol

if your in a bind i could gut a couple dead cartos and send you the bits lol
and that looks like it would make a sweet tattoo ;)

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
Hello....Hello Danno ?
telephone07.gif
Hello ?
fille-tel.gif
Hi Dannos ! Yes, dis is Ag here. uh-huh, yep. So it's bout them used rubbers I be having to put in my parts dere.
fille-tel.gif
Yes, I have been RE-using all my rubbers and I dunno if the Public safety is at large over dis.
fille-tel.gif
Have you thought any mores about getting NEW rubbers for us head rebuilders yet ? Please get back wiff us as soon as you can please and next time don't makes me talk to dis answering serbice.
fille-tel.gif
Thank you for your cooperations in this rubberized matter. :D

mogium

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
St pete florida
Hello....Hello Danno ?
telephone07.gif
Hello ?
fille-tel.gif
Hi Dannos ! Yes, dis is Ag here. uh-huh, yep. So it's bout them used rubbers I be having to put in my parts dere.
fille-tel.gif
Yes, I have been RE-using all my rubbers and I dunno if the Public safety is at large over dis.
fille-tel.gif
Have you thought any mores about getting NEW rubbers for us head rebuilders yet ? Please get back wiff us as soon as you can please and next time don't makes me talk to dis answering serbice.
fille-tel.gif
Thank you for your cooperations in this rubberized matter. :D

and the winner for joke of the day Tada!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread