Passthrough and Adapter Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
I have a 5V USB passthrough that I use predominantly with the 2A/USB adapter from madvapes. I would like to get a generic 510 adapter (I assume 3.7V). My question is two-part. Unless it specifically says 5V, can I assume it's 3.7? Also, once I track down a lower voltage pass-through, can I use it on the adapter I currently have, or do I need a different adapter for the lower voltage passthrough?

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
Sorry I don't have an answer for you but I am curious about your thoughts on the 5v passthrough - are you using regular atomizers on it?

Yes, I am; regular 510 atties and cartomizers. It is great and I credit it for getting me off the last couple of analogs (it seemed to produce more warm vapor, mimicking my cigarettes quite well), but I've found that it's a little too much for my lungs for an extended period of time, which is hard to believe after 35 years of smoking, but after the few days that got me off cigs, I was having that "3 packs in a night" feeling in my chest. Now I use it periodically- if I'm getting one of the rare combustible twinges that doesn't pass or if I'm using a flavor that seems weak (the extra voltage seems to sometimes help intensify it).

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
If you get a regulated PT, you really don't need an adapter. I mean, it would add an extra degree of safety I suppose, but at a much lower voltage it's not really necessary.

I have a regulated 510 PT (you can tell it's regulated because it has an inline battery box - so it's charging the battery, and then powering the e-cig through the battery) from CigNot. I run it right off my itty bitty 4-year-old laptop with no problems at all.

I don't really see why you'd need to switch adapters - the battery is protected, and will only take on as much power as it needs. (Battery experts, correct me if I'm horribly wrong.)

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I wouldn't buy a PT with an inline Battery, Just my personal prefrence. I use a KR808D-1 PT, I put whatever adapter I want on it and it works flawlessly. Altsmoke.com has some nice chrome ones for cheap something like $3 each as I recall maybe $4. I use the KR808D-1 to 510 adapter all the time and it awesome you can also run a 306 Atty on the same adapter as well, or a 901 adapter 801 adapter which ever you prefer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread