Status
Not open for further replies.

Algernon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2010
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
www.flickr.com
Forums on the internet in general are self-centered. Don't feel as if your thoughts exclude ECF from that generalization, it's just not "as" self-centered as some of the others and may take time for someone who thinks they know what to do in your situation to pipe up.

I'll help you, though.

First-off, who made it and what does it resemble? Is it an official passthrough in regards to a certain brand?

Passthroughs are like anything else electronic, really. They can last two days, two weeks, two months, two years, who knows. It all depends on the quality of manufacturing, build and what sort of passthrough it is. It could be the automatic sensor, possibly a direct-drip might have burned it out or shorted it somehow.

Any manner of things could've happened.

Personally, I use electronicstix's manual passthrough. It's fallen off my computer desk and hit the floor more than anything else has and that's a feat in and of itself considering how clumsy I am. The threads are holding up well and the button hardly ever misfires. If that's a suggestion to you then take it as one but do note that it is a 5v passthrough and will require its own power source.

Last edited:

Moonlit knight

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
West Central Illinois
I started out with dse901 pass thru with the flimsy cord attached, typical Chinese cheap crap. I went through 3 in 9 mos., they would start to blink and if I pushed on the cord while vaping they would work for a short time before giving up the ghost completely. I found a dual purpose 5v pass thru/3.7v mod at Vapinaughty Mods. I've had it for about a month so far and I am well pleased. It seems well put together, it's two devices in one, and they are great people to deal with. It uses a regular usb to mini connection and if I kick it acidentally it simply detaches.

Last edited:

zerominusone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2011
in your house
HEY! SOME REPLIES! COOL. Thanx for the replies, I couldn't believe that over 30 people looked at this post and NOBODY bothered to reply. There's nothing wrong with mine; I just wanted to know how long it would last and what I could do to prolong it from dying and what to look for (signs of dying) because I heard they blow up and I didn't want to damage my USB port or my computer. It's an automatic passthrough and it's from Vapor Etc.. It looks like all the other auto PTs. I just got it from the because the price wasn't too bad and I was kinda tired of looking around for one. I use it with my KR808D-1 and it is a 5 volt.

casey8579

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2009
Near Wilmington NC
I use the manual switch version of the same passthru and have had good luck with the durability of them. I use mine everyday, all day so it gets heavy use. They have good strain relief on the cable so I've never had a problem with the wiring going bad. I just wear out the switch every 3 or 4 months. When it starts misfiring I just order another one.

Never heard of one blowing up, since its basicly an empty tube with a connector wiring and a switch, I don't see how that could happen.

You could possibly do some damage to your computer tho, most people don't recommend plugging the 5v passthru's to the computer. Safer to use and external usb power point. Like a usb hub or a wall plug usb charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread