Status
Not open for further replies.

yppan

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2011
So i've been vaping for about 3 months now with no problems.

Just recently i received a 510 USB passthru from cignot.

The first few days all went well... but today i successfully burned up 2 atomizers and 1 cartomizer using the USB passthru.

The reason i say burned up is because they actually caught on fire. I looked down into the atomzier and their were embers and smoke coming out from it.

I read somewhere that the USB passthru puts out 5 volts. Do i need to purchase special high voltage atomizers for this to work without burning up all my accessories?

yppan

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2011
make sure you are not using a low res atty. Id recommend using 3 ohm or higher. 5 volts will pop them every time. Consider cisco brand atty. You might want to try the 306's as well. Some people like them over the 510s ,some dont
I'm not sure what resistance these atomizers are, they came with my starter kit.

Could you link me to the cisco brand?

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
You should only use the standard attys on your PT. 510 PT's are NOT meant to be used with LR or HV atomizers ever. Are you positive that what you saw were embers and smoke? If it actually caught on fire, then something is seriously wrong and you should stop using it.

If it's a 5V PT then there won't be an inline battery. If it's the one with the inline battery, then it's a 3.7V.

Last edited:

yppan

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2011
You should only use the standard attys on your PT. 510 PT's are NOT meant to be used with LR atomizers ever. Are you positive that what you saw were embers and smoke? If it actually caught on fire, then something is seriously wrong and you should stop using it.

If it's a 5V PT then there won't be an inline battery. If it's the one with the inline battery, then it's a 3.7V.
If inline battery means the little black box with the blue battery inside, then yes, i have that one.

I'm positive it was smoke, embers, and a horrid chemical / motor oil / cat piss smell came off of it.

Happened on both my atomizers, and on my cartomizer i could smell it but not see it.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
If inline battery means the little black box with the blue battery inside, then yes, i have that one.

I'm positive it was smoke, embers, and a horrid chemical / motor oil / cat piss smell came off of it.

Happened on both my atomizers, and on my cartomizer i could smell it but not see it.

Yup. You have an inline PT. Well, maybe not anymore. If this happened with two atomizers and a cartomizer that you have used before without any problems then your PT is probably shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread