Status
Not open for further replies.

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
I have no problem with the like button, but don't see the need to keep a tally of likes given and likes received. Then again, I've also always been against post counts in forums too, especially when they're not used in all areas of the forum. No post count in the Co-Op section where members generally help each other over a course of a month, but yet a member can post 200 quotes in a contest thread and their post count goes up. Not logical.

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
'Thank you' button is very helpful in just saying "thank you" to someone without a quoted reply. I use it frequently when it is available cause I don't want to load a bunch of quotes and just fill the pages with thank yous. Not a game changer, just a nice thing to have. I also use the dislike button to say "I dislike the trouble you are having but like your post" type of thing.

Of course, both of these are on a forum I frequent that is noticeably bereft of snarky or rude posts. Pretty boring in that respect and that is probably why I spend the lion's share of my time there. Not to say that ECF is snarky and rude, but with such a huge following, it can get pretty dicey around here at times!

NanW

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2012
Hawaii
If you have found your way here because you are unable to reset your password (same thing just happened to me) the following does work. Just mouse over the word page and click.
Good luck and happy vaping!!

Maybe my post here isn't germane to the currently railroaded topic regarding general criticism of the message board software. Too bad.

It wasn't easy getting logged into ECF just now.

My attempt to log-in lead me to this stupid page.

stupid2.jpg

As you can see, the idiotic excuse for programming pictured above has no provision to change the password. None of the links to my profile info worked, either. I tried it with Firefox and I tried it with IE. No dice.

I had to attempt hacking a new username account. That process recognized my email address as having been previously used and offered me the opportunity to change my password with an email. I did.

Incidentally, I changed my password and email address last June.

Stupid.

If you had moused over the word "page" you'd have found the link.

Last edited:

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
If we wanted to be evil, we'd force password changes every 3 months with unique 100 bit passwords.
Bring it on!
I am OTD and equal to anything you can offer up to challenge me mighty digital prowess!

LOL (-:

I do dearly love the character that threads take on after the initial question has been asked and answered!

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
Bring it on!
I am OTD and equal to anything you can offer up to challenge me mighty digital prowess!

LOL (-:

I do dearly love the character that threads take on after the initial question has been asked and answered!
Yup, OTD and I agree.

I'm surprised that this thread hasn't been closed yet. :thumbs:

Now I gotta go and set up my 100 bit password. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread