Status
Not open for further replies.

rurwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Leicester, UK
View First Unread behaves differently in different circumstances.

If you are on the first page of a thread it takes you to the top of the first page.

If you are on any other page, it takes you to the first page and then to the top of the page with the first unread post on it.

However... If the topic is less than one page long, it works perfectly.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
View First Unread behaves differently in different circumstances.

Also from different devices / apps. On the laptop w/ Safari - nope don't work. Ironically w/ Tapatalk (which gives ECF fits) on the iPad it's working fine for me. I click on one of my subscribed threads and goes to my first unread.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Yes it would be! :)

"You're" So Funny . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:
(Just in case, you might possibly get the wrong idea - Please note black box in signature . . . ;))

apparently we can all go and buy an ipad to experience the flawless working of ''first unread'' :lol:

Guess AGAIN . . . Nope - Na Da - Not Happening . . .
749778_bc8d3d0062.gif

Already have a Laptop (Windos XP Pro & IE V8), Motorola Xoom (Google Chrome - I Think). and a Samsung Galaxy III (Jelly Bean Version 4.3) trying access ECF - AND all of these are failing to be able to use the "View First Post" options . . . I have even gone as far as to download Foxfire v27 (FAILED - BIG TIME, especially with ads poping up all over the place) and I am now using Chrome (so far still failed, but I am giveing it a chance) . . . Also - I Refuse to use "tape Talk" on anything and only view sites via their Internet Web Sites . . . I have even had a couple of friends try with their Mac Pros, Air iPads, iPhone v5 and given they are having the same type of problems - IT IS JUST NOT LOOKING GOOD . . .

AND - Even if I had the money to get an apple product - THERE IS NO WAY ! ! !
apple-core-roger-karlsson-flickr.jpg

AND - Although I know people behind the scenes that are working very hard on getting these problems solved, I also know there are a number of people besides "Myself" that are so frustrated that they have refused to continue to post or even be on ECF until it is fixed . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Last edited:

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
If you click on the last page of a thread then the "view first unread post" works. But if you hit the down arrow in front of the thread it will take you to page 1 for a second and then to the last page and there is no "view first unread post" there. So it's partially fixed. I can live with this for now.

Last edited:

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
If you click on the last page of a thread then the "view first unread post" works. But if you hit the down arrow in front of the thread it will take you to page 1 for a second and then to the last page and there is no "view first unread post" there. So it's partially fixed. I can live with this for now.

Neither way works for me yet. Using IE11 on Win7. Hope it gets ironed out soon. I too am getting frustrated not being able to follow posts correctly. Gets very time consuming having to manually go to the end of every post.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
yep...doesn't work for me (firefox).

I click on the last page number, which takes me to the last page of the thread, and first unread puts me right on that same page. First unread won't take me backward to where i left off in the thread.

I'll stick with the "first new post" option to the left of the thread title. The detour through the first page of the thread is bett than trying to backtrack from the end of the thread.

(neither option works on my iPad)

Last edited:

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
wally, are you going to the last page the right way? you might be clicking on ''last post''

look in the main body - right underneath the thread name - it'll show thread pages - the last number given is the last page - it does work from there ;)

Thanks Tibs. This is an acceptable work around till it gets going the way it used to using the left arrow of a threads title.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010

I click on the last page number, which takes me to the last page of the thread, and first unread puts me right on that same page. First unread won't take me backward to where i left off in the thread.

I'll stick with the "first new post" option to the left of the thread title. The detour through the first page of the thread is bett than trying to backtrack from the end of the thread.

strange - i'm using ff too and it works :?:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011

strange - i'm using ff too and it works :?:

Actually - I think it depends on if the last page is actually where the person left off, in addition to how people have set their preferences for how many post per page (i.e., 10 - 20 - 30 - 40 post per page) . . . AND - There could have been so many more post/pages between where the person actually left off and what post is now at the top of the last page by using this method . . As such - Ya' would still have to back through the thread to find your last post . . . At least that is what is happening for "Me" when this does work - which is not often, given the activity of most of the threads that I am subscribed to too . . . ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread