Status
Not open for further replies.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
'K, so, i haven't seen this one yet, but it's been happening pretty regularly to me since the migration.

Every few page changes/posts, anywhere from 3-10, i lose connection to ECF. I don't get logged out, but i get this message:

as you can see it happened this morning as I was reading through the thread.

Anyone else?

(I'd been having trouble with the "first unread" post function too, but haven't checked that one yet this morning. ETA: still jumping to top of page, after a short pause at the first page of the thread )

Last edited:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
First unread post is still not working for me. I'm using Safari 7.0.2.

Although I am still using IE and will continue to do so - SO DITTO ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ :facepalm:

BTW: Same thing is still happening using a tablet (Motorola Xoom) that has "Google's Chrome" preinstalled too and "My" Android "Smart-Phone"(which is not so smart being a Samsung Galaxy III ) . . .:img:

Oh Well - I know all the ECF minions that are in the background are still working on this . . . Just hope "We" will get one of those "Site" Messages letting "Us" know when it is fixed finally . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

EDIT: Just as an FYI - This being taken back to the first post after posting or editing a post is REALLY GETTING ANNOYING too . . . Ok - I know "You" Know, but I really Needed to Vent & Let Ya' know again, especially since it is continuing and becoming more and more fraustrating to have to deal with this issue . . . Just Sayin' . . . :mad: :evil:

Last edited:

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
Jump to First Unread Post is still not working for me.

I don't know if this will help, but I was looking into it a bit. I get the same "loads page 1, then jumps to the top of the correct page" thing that has been reported a number of times.

I just tried to load a thread I've been reading.

Initially, it tried to go to this URL.

www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarettes-public/523259-why-vapers-getting-bad-name.html#post12473366

Then it redirected, to this URL.

Why Vapers are getting a BAD NAME. - Page 98

That put me at the top of that page, but didn't scroll down to the correct post.

On that page, the post it's actually trying to take me to has this URL. (This is the link under the Post Number in the top right corner of any post.)

www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarettes-public/523259-why-vapers-getting-bad-name-post12473366.html#post12473366

And when I click it, I end up here

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-vapers-getting-bad-name-25.html#post12473366

That's the right spot.

So lets look at the two links. The top one is what is being generated and causing problems. The one below that actually works. They are very similar, but not quite the same :

www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarettes-public/523259-why-vapers-getting-bad-name-post12473366.html#post12473366
www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarettes-public/523259-why-vapers-getting-bad-name.html#post12473366

ImperfectFuture

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
Seattle
Although I am still using IE and will continue to do so - SO DITTO ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ :facepalm:

BTW: Same thing is still happening using a tablet (Motorola Xoom) that has "Google's Chrome" preinstalled too and "My" Android "Smart-Phone"(which is not so smart being a Samsung Galaxy III ) . . .:img:

Oh Well - I know all the ECF minions that are in the background are still working on this . . . Just hope "We" will get one of those "Site" Messages letting "Us" know when it is fixed finally . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

EDIT: Just as an FYI - This being taken back to the first post after posting or editing a post is REALLY GETTING ANNOYING too . . . Ok - I know "You" Know, but I really Needed to Vent & Let Ya' know again, especially since it is continuing and becoming more and more fraustrating to have to deal with this issue . . . Just Sayin' . . . :mad: :evil:

Old technique used in another vb forum long time ago, long press or appropriate mouse click to menu on reply, open in new tab, type reply, post, close tab, continue. Enjoy.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I am having that problem as well (PC,WINXP, Landline, Firefox 26.0)

After every post, it sends me back to the first page of the thread. And yes, "First unread" doesn't work neither.

Don't seem to have the "re-login" problem, though.

Edit: (And wouldn't you know it? I sent this post and it left me right where it should have......)

Edit #2: And then I edited the post, and when I submitted it dumped me back to page 1 ???????

This is the only problem I'm having at the time - new reply or an edit to a reply sends me back to the first post in the thread.... Nice seeing classy's pic on kent's thread though :)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
What did I do ?

tacmml.gif

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
So you are saying that the down arrow takes you to the last unread post? :confused:

I'm saying that when I post a new reply (or an edit to a reply) and click Post Quick Reply button, I'm being sent to the very first post on that thread--then to the top of last page, and there the action freezes--I'm never returned back to my last post. So I have to wait for the forum to take me to page 1, then to the last page, and then I have to scroll down to my post (last post on the thread).

I take the same trip when I try that little triangle (arrow) on the main page that says "Jump to my last post:" First top of page 1, then top of last page, scroll to my last post. :D

Ditto First Unread--just checked.

Last edited:

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I'm saying that when I post a new reply (or an edit to a reply) and click Post Quick Reply button, I'm being sent to the very first post on that thread--then to the top of last page, and there the action freezes--I'm never returned back to my last post. So I have to wait for the forum to take me to page 1, then to the last page, and then I have to scroll down to my post (last post on the thread).

I take the same trip when I try that little triangle (arrow) on the main page that says "Jump to my last post:" First top of page 1, then top of last page, scroll to my last post. :D

Ditto First Unread--just checked.

It's the same for me when i'm working on an actual computer (both firefox and chrome)

When I'm on the iPad using the Terra browser, the down arrow takes me to the first page of a thread and no further. The "view first unread" option is visible, but clicking it has no effect and i stay on the first page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread