Paypal

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucidAce

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
right about here, USA
Not exactly on topic, but it is about PayPal. I haven't really used PayPal much since I was on an eBay kick like a decade ago, but a number of vaper-to-vaper deals and co-ops use it as the sort of standard method of payment. My question is, in these settings is it possible to pay with a credit card through your PayPal account or are you required to use the verified bank account?

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
The few vape suppliers have see that use them use deceptive names to get around that. I'm not sure it is a World wide thing either. Seem to remember seeing some out of the US that could use paypal. Could be wrong as I surf around a lot looking for deal. In any case Like I told someone else we aren't going to change it unless we buy up Paypal. LOL

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Not exactly on topic, but it is about PayPal. I haven't really used PayPal much since I was on an eBay kick like a decade ago, but a number of vaper-to-vaper deals and co-ops use it as the sort of standard method of payment. My question is, in these settings is it possible to pay with a credit card through your PayPal account or are you required to use the verified bank account?
You can attach different cards to your account.

317Vapers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Indiana
www.youtube.com
NOT TRUE. I have a paypal business account (including paypal here, the card swiper) I tried using my Paypal mastercard at a local Vapor Shop and a online vapor shop and both denied
The easy solution is to get a PayPal debit card. Then you're free to spend anywhere that takes MasterCard.

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
NOT TRUE. I have a paypal business account (including paypal here, the card swiper) I tried using my Paypal mastercard at a local Vapor Shop and a online vapor shop and both denied

I've used my PayPal MasterCard with four different vaping vendors in the last month. The PayPal MC transaction is handled by a third-party company, so I'm not sure why your transactions didn't go through.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
This is the guy that takes credit for removing electronic cigarettes from Paypal and Amazon...
Action on Smoking and Health Encouraging Lawsuits Against Electronic Cigarette Sellers Over Hidden Carcinogens

Banzhaf prompted the FDA to warn the public about the dangers of e-cigarettes, including hidden carcinogens and other toxic chemicals, encouraged the several legal actions against them which have already been brought or are about to be filed, and used legal warning notices to persuade PayPal and Amazon.com to give up e-cigarette sales.

Last edited:

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I use Paypal all the time and never had a problem. I also don't have my bank account linked to it, just a credit card and my debit card. I'm a regular eBay user and don't sell stuff, so it might be different for me. But yea... never had issues with Paypal. On the other hand, I've ordered so much crap that I remember my credit card info my by heart.

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
Paypal is privately own via stockholders. If the stock holders feel it is costing them money because of these bans then they can address it. Sadly there is little that can be done by the folks who use it. I, for one, will not use Dwolla. They have been hacked before and want way too much personal and banking information for me to be comfortable with.

Paypal is fine for most classified ads here...just don't mention vaping in the comments section and don't use a handle like VapingKing@ mymail.dodo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread