Status
Not open for further replies.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Just getting into this and prefer reason to guesstimating. I have done some heavy searching, but have not found anything to make me believe (x)% of any given flavor is correct.
No doubt just like preparing a favorite dish, not quite enough off (x) flavor or a bit to much and the food is still good. Forgetting the addition or doubling it can both result in a ruined dish.(or something new and unexpected)

I'm starting out with TPA only - for consistancy only - until I start to get a grip on things.

Has anyone worked in increments to find where a particular flavor Peaks and starts to fall off there after?

My curiosity is due to so many saying 20% and many others touting 7-10%. I do understand Taste is subjective/etc. but also understand only so much of anything is proper.
Is it that single flavors can got much higher, but caution is needed in blends not to over do things?

ATM I have (3) 2ml mixes steeping for 24hrs before vape testing.
50/50 mix Flavoring 5%
Waffle
Blueberry Candy
Juicy Peach

I understand this MAY be low, but do not want to overshoot the peak point. No sense wasting Flavoring to over flavor mixes for no gain.
Oh, I am a flavor hunter. I don't like harsh, but love flavors to Pop.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Has anyone worked in increments to find where a particular flavor Peaks and starts to fall off there after?

I don't know of a better way to Work-Up a New Recipe.

Most people start with a Low Flavoring Percentage and then work Up.

For complex blends, it can Sometimes be Easier to make/perfect each Flavor Component Separately and then work on their Ratios in the Final Blend.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I did a Jamaican Twist last week. Jamaican rum was recommended at 17%. I decided to start off lower just to see how it worked out and went with 12%.
Next day testing was a delight. Flavor was crisp and not overwhelming or musty. TH was also nice @ 12mg. I shelved the rest of the 10ml sample to steep and will see how it's doing tomorrow.(1 week) More flavoring might be ok, but I would consider anything Tropical in nature to be more lively than heavy.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I did a Jamaican Twist last week. Jamaican rum was recommended at 17%. I decided to start off lower just to see how it worked out and went with 12%.
Next day testing was a delight. Flavor was crisp and not overwhelming or musty. TH was also nice @ 12mg. I shelved the rest of the 10ml sample to steep and will see how it's doing tomorrow.(1 week) More flavoring might be ok, but I would consider anything Tropical in nature to be more lively than heavy.

I like Strong, Sweet Flavors.

That said, I haven't had many, if any TPA or FA flavors that needed to go much past 15% Total Flavor. But as you mentioned, Everyone is Different.

BTW - Good Job and making a Very Vapable e-liquid on the First Blend.

BTW2 - The Flavor will Intensify Slightly in 2 more Days for Most Flavors.

BTW3 - Adding a couple of Drops of Water to 10ml of DIY can do Wonders to Many Flavors. Especially those that are a Tad Overdone or Taste a Bit Heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread