PEG a new ingredient, instead of PG and VG

Status
Not open for further replies.

parapo

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Greece
some liquid makers changed from PG and VG to PEG.

PEG = Polyethylene glycol

i found this in a german forum and reposted it. they have a 11 page long discussion...which of the 3 is healthier... even some MS-data sheets....but sadly no ingredient is.

we know PG....
VG creates acrolein when heated to 280C,
and the new PEG isn't much healthier either.....something with the cells..

original link

Last edited:

parapo

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Greece
I read that, the translated version anyway.

I didn't see the name of any liquid maker that switched to PEG.
Where does it say that?

That would be a bit crazy to switch to something that could cause kidney damage. Very curious...

Smuker's Shop look in the faq page.

Platinum 3G carts:

Appel: Polyethylene Glycol PEG 400, Pure Water, Vanilla Extract, Orient tobacco Absolute, tobacco Essential Oil, Linal0ol, 2,5-Dimethylpyrazine, Spearmint Oil, Bulgarian Rose Otto Oil, Vanillin, Nicotin*, Beta-Damascenone

Menthol: Polyethylene Glycol PEG 400, Pure Water, Orient tobacco Absolute, Ethanol, Tobacco Absolute Burley, Alcohol, Spearmint Oil, Menthol, L-Nicotine*, Beta-Ionone, Ethyl Acetate, BGT, Ethyl Butyrate, Beta-Damascenone

Camel: Polyethylene Glycol PEG 400, Pure Water, Orient Tobacco Absolute, Linal0ol, Tobacco Absolute Burley, Glycerin, Vanilla Extract, 2,5-Dimethylpyrazine, Ethanol, Menthol, L-Nicotine*, BGT

Tobacco: Polyethylene Glycol PEG 400, Pure Water, Glycerin, Orient Tobacco Absolute, Tobacco Absolute, Vanilla Extract, Alcohol, Vanillin, L-Nicotine*, Beta-Damascenone, Beta-Ionone, 2,5-Dimethylpyranzine, 2-Acetylpyranzine, Peach Aldehyde, Benzyl Alcohol

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
Nasty.

This exactly why it annoys the HELL out of me that everybody buys juice from the same 2 or 3 or 4 factories and sticks their own name on it. I want to KNOW what I'm buying.
Exactly for this reason. Royalsmokers publishes an ingredient list too, and it's PG based. I want that. E-CIG juice kills whatever you put it in. I don't want that. PEG wrecks your kidneys and does something weird to your cells. I'll pass on that too.

You shouldn't have to GUESS if Rookie Yook, oRangiYan, Rippie Juice, etc etc etc is Royal Smokers RY4. And take your chances. With your equipment, or your life.

No store buys cases of Coca Cola and puts "Yippee Cola" on them. Because when you want to buy a Coke, you don't want to play "guess the contents". Stores don't do that. It's ridiculous.

And guess what, it is *OUR* fault for buying it, sight unseen, mystery contents, go ahead and let me stick that in my lungs. Whoops, there goes a kidney. OMG.

For a chemical that you are *ingesting* it is beyond reason for resellers to "relabel" this stuff as their own, and not provide documentation as to what it is. No other industry does this. And if nic-juice was an official food item, or pharma item, it would even be ILLEGAL every country I know of.

Here you go - challenge to resellers. TELL US WHAT YOU ARE SELLING US.

Repeat sales come from service, quality, and prices.... that's the magic formula.

Not by having the "coolest" name on your "top secret" juice. That's just wrong.

That's my opinion.... anybody agree?

turbojunk

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2008
Wales, UK
Nasty.

Here you go - challenge to resellers. TELL US WHAT YOU ARE SELLING US.

Repeat sales come from service, quality, and prices.... that's the magic formula.

Not by having the "coolest" name on your "top secret" juice. That's just wrong.

That's my opinion.... anybody agree?

Excellent post RjG. More than happy to support this challenge.

Suppliers, we NEED more clarity.

Kev

xpdx

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Pacific NW USA
  • Deleted by M & M
  • Reason: Contained link to other forum
I'll go one better. We need for the producers to start the approval processes with the FDA and other national agencies. They are the ones making money on this and should be the ones to foot the bill for health agencies approvals. Then listing the contents would either be obligatory or at least a government agency would ride shotgun on what's put into it!!!
Don't forget these are the same folks who brought us melamine in the dog food and lead paint on kid's toys!!!

I'll go one better. We need for the producers to start the approval processes with the FDA and other national agencies. They are the ones making money on this and should be the ones to foot the bill for health agencies approvals. Then listing the contents would either be obligatory or at least a government agency would ride shotgun on what's put into it!!!
Don't forget these are the same folks who brought us melamine in the dog food and lead paint on kid's toys!!!

Uhmm sorry, but if they foot the bill, do you realize who will REALLY foot the bill? Their customers. If this happens, expect to pay waaayyy more for your juice. I don't think you realize how much this "approval" process costs. It's, essentially, a bribe.

Uhmm sorry, but if they foot the bill, do you realize who will REALLY foot the bill? Their customers. If this happens, expect to pay waaayyy more for your juice. I don't think you realize how much this "approval" process costs. It's, essentially, a bribe.

Yes you are correct in that we will pay the bill. In the long run if we are to have access to these products and with some oversight, it will cost money. All consumer product we ingest incur these costs. Sorry no free ride!!!!

PEG is Radiator Fluid
NOT GOOD

From Wikipedia:

Polyethylene glycol has a low toxicity[4] and is used in a variety of products. It is the basis of a number of laxatives (e.g. macrogol-containing products such as Movicol and polyethylene glycol 3350, or MiraLax or GlycoLax). It is the basis of many skin creams, as cetomacrogol, and sexual lubricants, frequently combined with glycerin.

Also from wikipedia:
Ethylene glycol (monoethylene glycol (MEG), 1,2-ethanediol, IUPAC name: ethane-1,2-diol) is an alcohol with two -OH groups (a diol), a chemical compound widely used as an automotive antifreeze. In its pure form, it is an odorless, colorless, syrupy, sweet tasting, toxic liquid.

But you are not far off. Here's our old friend PG in the role himself!!

ant_300pxh.jpg
AMSOIL Antifreeze and Engine Coolant (ANT)
See Pricing Information or Place an Order
Package sizes include:
1-Gallon Bottle
1-Gallon Bottles (case of 4)
55-Gallon Drum

Safe, Universal Propylene Glycol Antifreeze

Seems it is a superior and a non toxic form of antifreeze. Wonder if our new PEG formula is a laxative???? I would not try vaping this mixture though!!! LOL

bribri

Moved On
Oct 13, 2008
San Mateo, CA.
Are you sure you want to enter into this question? I don't think you realize how big the rabbit hole is that you are talking about. How about a very small minor thing, much less then asking them to supply ingredients... Try asking your supplier of E-juice what the "24 mg" or "11 mg" juice is divided by to get that number, is it 24 mg per drop? per ML? per ounce? I dare you to ask your suppliers... Let me tell you something, I asked six or seven of the biggest ones about six months ago, and I got three or four different answers, and two of them blatently said "I am not so sure"! And one of those who said he wasn't so sure, is the biggest re-seller in the industry.

mrwade01

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2009
Vancouver WA
Yes you are correct in that we will pay the bill. In the long run if we are to have access to these products and with some oversight, it will cost money. All consumer product we ingest incur these costs. Sorry no free ride!!!!
I completely agree with Pleased and I will go on to say that in light of the sucess I've had in only one week after smoking for soooo long. I'm willing to pay the price.
Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread