Status
Not open for further replies.

ime5000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
maryland
Hey guys. Anyone else have a problem with the o ring on the Penelope? Mine has like swelled up or something and now it barely fits in the top cap. And I can't screw the cap all the way down. And when I adjust the juice flow. I literally have to use pliers because it got so tight. Didn't start this way though.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1345430003453.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1345430003453.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 47

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
we changed the center's pin o-ring bish because it was getting stuck. We now use the 1,78x1,78
Oh snap your going to need 1
8mm x 3mm o ring

some hardware stores carry them even amazon.

Penelope ORing sizes.

Around base is 11mm x 1.5mm
One under cap is 8mm x 3mm
One by center pin 3mm x 1.8mm

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
I am having a issue with a turning of the inside total insert with I open the juice control on the penelope which in turn makes the bottom connection lose contact.

Does this make sense?

I turn the mouthpiece, and the entire inside turns even if I tighten the locking ring down tight.

Ok before tightning the locking ring make sure the ceramic assembly has the Oring under the 510 pin. plus make sure the 510 pin battery connector is tighten with the nut inside Ceramic. you can use a small flat screwdriver and tighten it by the battery connector side.

Ok now that's assured do the following
Proceed to tighten the ceramic assembly down to the Penelope. once you see the 510 pin sticking out far enough now proceed to tighten the ceramic assembly ring. You may want to use a paper towel so you dont shred your fingers. one hand hold it by the two channels other hand hold it by base and screw it down tightly and do same with Ceramic assembly ring.

OK now proceed in installing the long mouth piece/flow control. make sure its snugged. it doesn't have to be tight just snugged. now take the tank and screw it in till you dont see the oring. now fill it up with juice.

OK now the cap when you screw this on I repeat do not do not screw it on tightly. Just screw it down snugged not need to tighten this all the way. As you vape at high VOLTAGES if you have this cap tight and flow control closed then when you try to open it it will give resistance which may result in loosening it from bottom. keeping it snugged will prolong the life of the oring.

let me know if its helps

R53_Dave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
USA
Keeping the top cap just snug, and not too tight, is key here. Too tight and it's murder to open/close liquid control. The o-ring spreads wider as you tighten the cap. The wider the o-ring, the harder it is to turn the liquid control. If you find the control is hard to turn, loosen the cap a little till it isn't.

As for the base/cup coming apart, what Imeo said is best. Get base and pin where you want it, and tighten the upper control nut down good. After it's snug you further tighten the whole thing holding onto the cup and base. It won't turn much, if at all, but it will help hold it all in place better. Holding the ceramic housing with a rag, or paper towel as Bishop says, will keep your fingers from getting ripped up.

If the top cap is on correctly (not too tight), and the liquid control is fairly easy to turn, you'll not ever unscrew your ceramic housing during use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread