The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Penelope o ring

Discussion in 'The GG' started by ime5000, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ime5000

ime5000 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    maryland
    Hey guys. Anyone else have a problem with the o ring on the Penelope? Mine has like swelled up or something and now it barely fits in the top cap. And I can't screw the cap all the way down. And when I adjust the juice flow. I literally have to use pliers because it got so tight. Didn't start this way though.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

Attached Files:

2. Chinner

Chinner Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 15, 2011
    Toronto, Canada
    Not sure about the oring, but compared to my Ody, my Penelope juice control is nearly impossible to turn lol. I was hoping it would loosen over time but this thread doesn't make me hopeful haha

3. grams83

grams83 Full Member Verified Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Biloxi,mississippi
    mine was tight i lube with juice after every refill works good

4. ime5000

Aug 15, 2011
    maryland
    yea i did lube with juice, but it has widened so muchi literally have to force the o cap over the o ring, and once i get it on i have to use a piers , it crazy

5. MatrixTech

MatrixTech Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2010
    Capital Region, NY
    Sounds like it may be a reaction from your juice, Might wanna try another oring slightly smaller diameter..Someone will eventually chime in with measurements:) Good Luck!!

6. Bishopheals

Bishopheals Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 23, 2012
    Staten Island
    This happens when you tightly close the cap. Its not supposed to be tightened. When you turn it to close top don't tighten it. take your toots like you always do and when you adjust flow control you will see it will turn wit no problems.

7. ime5000

Aug 15, 2011
    maryland
    Bishop. I don't think u understand. See the gap in the picture? That's as far ad I can close it. And the o ring no longer fits in that top cap. It took me five mo urea to get it closed that much.

8. Bishopheals

May 23, 2012
    Staten Island
    Oh snap your going to need 1
    8mm x 3mm o ring

some hardware stores carry them even amazon.

Penelope ORing sizes.

Around base is 11mm x 1.5mm
    One under cap is 8mm x 3mm
    One by center pin 3mm x 1.8mm Imeo updated it to 1.78mm x 1.78mm

9. ime5000

Aug 15, 2011
    maryland
    The people at my hardware store suck. Lol. I'll try my luck with amazon

10. KTaylor

KTaylor Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2011
    Cape Coral, FL
    Thanks for the measurments Bishop!! Not that I need one but great in case I ever do.

11. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    we changed the center's pin o-ring bish because it was getting stuck. We now use the 1,78x1,78

12. Bishopheals

May 23, 2012
    Staten Island
    Thanks Imeo Ill change that in my post.

Does that mean I cant keep using my center Pin at 3m x1.8m? I bought so many of it I just use Vaseline and it works beautifully for me. :blush:

13. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    if it works then no need to change anything bish:)

14. the ob

the ob Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Portlandia
    I am having a issue with a turning of the inside total insert with I open the juice control on the penelope which in turn makes the bottom connection lose contact.

Does this make sense?

I turn the mouthpiece, and the entire inside turns even if I tighten the locking ring down tight.

15. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    you dont only lock the ring, you have to screw the rebuildable part too by grabbing it with your fingers and turn it against the base (after you lock the ring). That way its impossible for the rebuildable part to get unscrewed ob.

16. Bishopheals

May 23, 2012
    Staten Island
    Ok before tightning the locking ring make sure the ceramic assembly has the Oring under the 510 pin. plus make sure the 510 pin battery connector is tighten with the nut inside Ceramic. you can use a small flat screwdriver and tighten it by the battery connector side.

Ok now that's assured do the following
    Proceed to tighten the ceramic assembly down to the Penelope. once you see the 510 pin sticking out far enough now proceed to tighten the ceramic assembly ring. You may want to use a paper towel so you dont shred your fingers. one hand hold it by the two channels other hand hold it by base and screw it down tightly and do same with Ceramic assembly ring.

OK now proceed in installing the long mouth piece/flow control. make sure its snugged. it doesn't have to be tight just snugged. now take the tank and screw it in till you dont see the oring. now fill it up with juice.

OK now the cap when you screw this on I repeat do not do not screw it on tightly. Just screw it down snugged not need to tighten this all the way. As you vape at high VOLTAGES if you have this cap tight and flow control closed then when you try to open it it will give resistance which may result in loosening it from bottom. keeping it snugged will prolong the life of the oring.

let me know if its helps

17. R53_Dave

R53_Dave Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 3, 2012
    USA
    Keeping the top cap just snug, and not too tight, is key here. Too tight and it's murder to open/close liquid control. The o-ring spreads wider as you tighten the cap. The wider the o-ring, the harder it is to turn the liquid control. If you find the control is hard to turn, loosen the cap a little till it isn't.

As for the base/cup coming apart, what Imeo said is best. Get base and pin where you want it, and tighten the upper control nut down good. After it's snug you further tighten the whole thing holding onto the cup and base. It won't turn much, if at all, but it will help hold it all in place better. Holding the ceramic housing with a rag, or paper towel as Bishop says, will keep your fingers from getting ripped up.

If the top cap is on correctly (not too tight), and the liquid control is fairly easy to turn, you'll not ever unscrew your ceramic housing during use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.