Penelope V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3suss

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2012
N/A
Why dont you try putting the cotton all the way down in the channels, that stopped the bubling and floding for me

Hi mate, thanks for your comment. I tested this by leaving the entire canal cotton, have opened 3 ½ turns and the result is the same: after a few good puffs again bubbling in the drip.
The worst thing is that if I leave the penelope I'll never know why it happens: (

Sale Gosse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2014
La Rochelle France
Hi mate, thanks for your comment. I tested this by leaving the entire canal cotton, have opened 3 ½ turns and the result is the same: after a few good puffs again bubbling in the drip.
The worst thing is that if I leave the penelope I'll never know why it happens: (

3,5 turns is a lot. I open mine from 1/2 to 1 turn according to the liquid

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark

I bought my peny v3 to do cotton setups J3suss, I never tried a silica setup so I can't help you too much. But like Ariel suggested, try making smaller diameter coil. And if you want to use silica strictly don't make microcoil because in my opinion silica doesn't wick fast enough for microcoils, but try both and see. Just make it smaller in diameter, maybe you wont have to turn the MP so many times if you do that.

Rina

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Hello. Can anyone please advise me about building with titanium wires? I want to build a 0.8ohm setup on a Penelope v3 with titanium wire and don't know what gauge wire I should buy and how to build it.
Ideally, I want to use either the 32 or 40 gauge wire so it's easier to work with. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) Which one should I buy?
What drill bit size do I need to use and how many wraps should I make to get 0.8ohm resistance?
I'm sorry if this might be a simple question but I don't have an ohm checker/meter and I don't know which wire I'm supposed to get and don't understand what it means that titanium has half the resistance of kanthal wires.
Thank you very much in advance! You're advice will be greatly appreciated.

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
You're right. All kind of wires would have the same effect on the batteries in case of short circuit, or too low resistance for the batterie discharge capacity. Increased danger with Ti comes from the fact that your regular 5 wraps coil might kill the battery ... So better check with proper resistance checker to be on the safe side

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I haven't worked with titanium wires. But 32 size and 40 size is a big difference in size. The higher the number means the thicker the wire. And the thicker wire provides less resistance....lower ohms.

I use 32 gauge for faster heating. I use a very small length of 32 and can achieve a .08 ohm coil. But more wraps of a thicker wire can achieve the same resistance...ohms. Some might prefer more wraps of a thicker gauge because it provides a bigger heating surface.

There's no way to tell what ohms you have without an ohm reader or a multi-meter. An ohm reader is more reliable than the latter.

ZeroOhms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
I haven't worked with titanium wires. But 32 size and 40 size is a big difference in size. The higher the number means the thicker the wire. And the thicker wire provides less resistance....lower ohms.

I use 32 gauge for faster heating. I use a very small length of 32 and can achieve a .08 ohm coil. But more wraps of a thicker wire can achieve the same resistance...ohms. Some might prefer more wraps of a thicker gauge because it provides a bigger heating surface.

There's no way to tell what ohms you have without an ohm reader or a multi-meter. An ohm reader is more reliable than the latter.

I think you meant to say "Lower the number". 28g wire is thicker than 32g wire

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
It is for regular coil, but the wraps was very close to each other
Also I use rayon fibre it's amazing :toast: tastes like silica

I didn't look too much but I got the impression that the majority of people felt like the rayon has similar, not better flavor than cotton and I have cotton that can last me a lifetime. I want to see the next best wick or even the next liquid delivery system ;)

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
I didn't look too much but I got the impression that the majority of people felt like the rayon has similar, not better flavor than cotton and I have cotton that can last me a lifetime. I want to see the next best wick or even the next liquid delivery system ;)

I've bought organic cotton from different brands and it wasn't the same. I don't know if its a placebo effect but Rayon seems like it has a cleaner and stronger flavour right of the bat compared to any cotton I've tried. I also believe it wicks better than cotton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread