Status
Not open for further replies.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
"Mini" is a term commonly used, probably a little better than "Small". Small has a bit of a negative ring to it (it's not bad, though)

Actually I was mostly joking about "short" except that when I saw the original thread title, I thought you were a vaper having problems with a short in your new Penelope, and you'd probably want to avoid that kind of confusion.

Your English is fine, by the way, and certainly better than my Greek!

ahahaha, thanks buddy. Ok, I will change it to Mini:)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
penelope mini is 1mm longer than the previous version mr. As for the space between coils, its the same but it seems bigger because the bolts that keep wire are smaller, so the distance between coils seems 1 mm bigger. In fact its not just an illusion but a serious fact because now a fatter coil will not touch the heads of the bolts

I already made 300 Penelopes but they are not enough for all Proteus, so after Proteus sales I will start making Penelope V3 again:)

SSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2011
Evans, GA
There will be no proerders SS. Penelope V4 mini will be sold together with Tilemahos 21-22-23mm in about 15 days. Proteus is also coming via preorders really soon :)

Penelope V4???? That's what I'm talking about! I can't wait. The sad thing is I've only used my Penelope V1 once and it looks like she may continue to collect dust.

SSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2011
Evans, GA
So are Penelope version one and two not compatible with Proteus? I am confused.
The response that I got when I asked Imeo that question is that they are, but they aren't (I'm paraphrasing). They should technically work but since the VIR is currently only programmed to recognize titanium it might not recognize NR wire. I was under the impression that it would just assume that the NR wire was acting like the metal posts on a V3 and ignore it, and just read the titanium.

Some advice that I was given was to use thick silver NR wire. I'm going to try it the regular way first. If that doesn't work, I'll twist some silver wire to make it fatter.

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
I think that Proteus / VIR will work with GG atomizers that require NR wire, only if the NR wire is made of a metal in which the resistance does not varies according to the temperature (maybe silver wire?).

Also, it will require a very good join (solid connection) between the "resistive wire" (titanium grade 1, in this case) and the NR wire.

If there is not a solid connection between the two wires, VIR could get confused with its calculations, as the resistance can vary when there is not a solid connection.

If I understood fine, VIR does complex calculations to determine the temperature by reading the variances in the resistance of the heating wire (1,000 times per second). It takes advantage of the metal properties (titanium), in which the variance of resistance is related with the temperature of it.

Other metals that have similar properties are nickel and stainless steel? but due the memory limits of the chip, VIR will be programmed to work with Titanium wire grade 1 (and possibly stainless steel wire).

So VIR could get confused with its calculations if we use nickel wire as NR wire and Titanim wire as heating element, as the nickel wire has a "similar" behavior.

VIR senses all the time the temperature, so we will have a true temperature controled vape experience, no only a limit temperature protection, in other words, VIR does what has to do to allow us to vape at the configured temperature all the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread