Penelope V4 Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lo zio

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2012
Italy
Got mine today.
Now, I have just built one coil, and a single coil says obviously nothing, but I don't know.. maybe it's not really my cup of tea.
For my habits the draw is a little to tight, and combined with the short mouthpiece (never had a small Penny, I just have V1 and V2) the result was juice reaching my mouth several times. I mean, I usually do not play a lot with air control, on a daily basis I vape ithaka with update inside and just leave the air as open as possible and close it a little only near the end of the tank; nevertheless it's nice to have air control, as far as I saw with this Penelope V4 I would like it a little more opened - just my taste.
I obviously understand that with a circuit in the tube a sealed atomizer completely eliminates the risk of juice leaking in the mod and damaging the circuit, but at the same time I'm holding a 3 year old provari in my hand, always and exclusively used with GG atomizers that are not sealed and yes, I found a couple of drops on the provari's pin, I do everyday, yet nothing happened - runs like the first day.
I buyed this Penny to be ready to go when Proteus arrives, I think maybe I'll switch to a V3 in the future, I think it's better suited to my needs.
Just a question: why not include an air control ring on Penelope V4 like Tilemaho's one? And maybe a top cap for Proteus without AD ring (yes I know, two air controls are redundant but work, just for the aesthetics)? Two small?

I'll build more coils, maybe tomorrow I will be back and tell you that it's the best atom I had so far - who knows? :laugh:

PS: Laser engravings >> CNC engravings

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Got mine today.
Now, I have just built one coil, and a single coil says obviously nothing, but I don't know.. maybe it's not really my cup of tea.
For my habits the draw is a little to tight, and combined with the short mouthpiece (never had a small Penny, I just have V1 and V2) the result was juice reaching my mouth several times. I mean, I usually do not play a lot with air control, on a daily basis I vape ithaka with update inside and just leave the air as open as possible and close it a little only near the end of the tank; nevertheless it's nice to have air control, as far as I saw with this Penelope V4 I would like it a little more opened - just my taste.
I obviously understand that with a circuit in the tube a sealed atomizer completely eliminates the risk of juice leaking in the mod and damaging the circuit, but at the same time I'm holding a 3 year old provari in my hand, always and exclusively used with GG atomizers that are not sealed and yes, I found a couple of drops on the provari's pin, I do everyday, yet nothing happened - runs like the first day.
I buyed this Penny to be ready to go when Proteus arrives, I think maybe I'll switch to a V3 in the future, I think it's better suited to my needs.
Just a question: why not include an air control ring on Penelope V4 like Tilemaho's one? And maybe a top cap for Proteus without AD ring (yes I know, two air controls are redundant but work, just for the aesthetics)? Two small?

I'll build more coils, maybe tomorrow I will be back and tell you that it's the best atom I had so far - who knows? :laugh:

PS: Laser engravings >> CNC engravings

proteus will work as provari (on sealed side), as long as you dont remove the atomizer cap Lo Zio. That means that unsealed atomizers will work on proteus just fine :)

Otello

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Roma - Italy
www.facebook.com
Mmmmm, I got my second P4 today, I'd say it has the wrong cap (the P3 one.) ;)

Penelope4.jpg

Reactions: BTHUNDER

JMBH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Madrid , Spain
Mmmmm, I got my second P4 today, I'd say it has the wrong cap (the P3 one.) ;)

View attachment 415981

Yes .. left one is the right one . Sure that Vassillis will send you the right cap ASAP.

As Imeo mentioned about the compatibility between Pe V3 - V4 , body and cap goes together .
I tried interchanging body-cap and mouth peace between V3 -V4 and there is a curious possible and simple combination if we have Pe V3 short .
In following pic , ( Left ) V4 with body-cap and mouth peace of V3 short , resulting slightly longer ( 44mm. versus 41mm. original V4 length) and a bit more capacity , since V3 body is slightly longer then V4 body .
( right ) V3 with V4 body-cap and mouth peace , resulting a " nano" Pe. V3 ( 38 mm. ) looks nice as well right ? :)

IMG_0354.jpg

Reactions: BTHUNDER

Lo zio

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2012
Italy
Why would you need air control if the draw is already too tight (and it probably will feel tight if you've been using TIlemahos recently).

Yup, sorry, I was unclear.
I meant that having an air control would have allowed for a Penny V4 with a greater max air intake - if you want it like this you set air wide open, otherwise you still have the choice to close it. Choice is nice.
By the way, I was talking taste here, and that's personal. I mean, the atomizer is well built as usual, is smooth to assemble, works fine - nothing to complain in regard to that.
For example:

Well, on my side I feel the draw is a little too open; for my taste it is just ok with 1 of the 2 holes closed with my finger.

Yup.

( right ) V3 with V4 body-cap and mouth peace , resulting a " nano" Pe. V3 ( 38 mm. ) looks nice as well right ? :)

View attachment 416092

Looks pretty nice!

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
What is the best atomizer to use with Proteus? Penelope V4?

I only have Penelope V1 and V2 that both use NR wires, and I read what imeo said that those may work sometimes with the right NR wires....but I want to be done with NR wires for good. I don't really use my Penelope V1 or V2 since I have Tilemahos. The V1 and V2 are now part of a collection.

I want the best working atomizer for Proteus. I think V3 or V4 is probably best. I don't know the difference between V3 and V4. I haven't been following along in that area. Maybe V4 is best and if it is, will Future Mod Shop USA seller ever sell the V4?

I also read V4 short. Is that better than V4 regular, does it hold less juice?

steliosss

kindness always repays... be sure of that...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Athens - Greece (GG land)
www.e-smokeguru.gr
What is the best atomizer to use with Proteus? Penelope V4?

I only have Penelope V1 and V2 that both use NR wires, and I read what imeo said that those may work sometimes with the right NR wires....but I want to be done with NR wires for good. I don't really use my Penelope V1 or V2 since I have Tilemahos. The V1 and V2 are now part of a collection.

I want the best working atomizer for Proteus. I think V3 or V4 is probably best. I don't know the difference between V3 and V4. I haven't been following along in that area. Maybe V4 is best and if it is, will Future Mod Shop USA seller ever sell the V4?

I also read V4 short. Is that better than V4 regular, does it hold less juice?

V3 and V4 are both compatible and suits perfect on Proteus.
The differences are that:
A) V4 has an adjustable center post and the ability to empty the collector tank without disassembling her.
B) V3 has more liquid capacity and also more air, if you like lung inhaling

14kifzt.jpg

PS: There's no V4 short or V4 regular. There is only one V4 mini as you can see in the photo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread