• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Pennsylvania Vapers - Introduce Yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jude8753

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2010
PA
Everyone that I've read about getting together for different vape meets sound like they have a great time. We did that with a chat group many years ago, but we had all been chatting for 2 years before we finally all decided to meet up and we did have a great time, but it was so strange and no one was actually the way we had envisioned them through chatting, that part was funny.

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
.would love to get to a vape meeting but even Lancaster is 100 miles away from me..like others I'm closer to other states meetings than my own...

Where y'all from, CG? Lancaster is over 100 miles away from me, too, but the wife and I like to cruise the "bottom half" of the state on most Sundays.

MechTechVpr

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
South PA
Where y'all from, CG? Lancaster is over 100 miles away from me, too, but the wife and I like to cruise the "bottom half" of the state on most Sundays.

Ah...the Sunday drive!...that's how we ended up in PA 15+ years ago (from DE via a couple of years in the Baltimore burbs) That and a few day trips with the kids.

We fell in love with the "small town" living down here in the south end of the state. Man has it changed a bunch in the last 5-6 years though!!

Hershey might be another choice for a meet-up, would give those traveling further a bit more incentive and options for things to do. You have the shopping, amusement park, etc.

But personally I would be willing to drive an hour or two for a regional meet up; but to our York area members, if anyone needs emergency supplies or help with a problem, feel free to PM me any time if I can assist in any way!

I have been analog free for a little over 3 months now and can honestly say I don't think I would have made it without the support of some caring members of ECF.... so even if someone just want's to discuss the issues we face, PM me any time ... Have no problem sharing email and/or phone numbers with our local PA Vapers !

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
Hello, I'm also from York.

Welcome! How has your vaping experience been?

Ah...the Sunday drive!...that's how we ended up in PA 15+ years ago (from DE via a couple of years in the Baltimore burbs) That and a few day trips with the kids.

We fell in love with the "small town" living down here in the south end of the state. Man has it changed a bunch in the last 5-6 years though!!

Hershey might be another choice for a meet-up, would give those traveling further a bit more incentive and options for things to do. You have the shopping, amusement park, etc.

But personally I would be willing to drive an hour or two for a regional meet up; but to our York area members, if anyone needs emergency supplies or help with a problem, feel free to PM me any time if I can assist in any way!

I have been analog free for a little over 3 months now and can honestly say I don't think I would have made it without the support of some caring members of ECF.... so even if someone just want's to discuss the issues we face, PM me any time ... Have no problem sharing email and/or phone numbers with our local PA Vapers !

Ya, Hershey would be a cool place to go. I've always wanted to do a mini vacation thing there and go golfing or something. I've been to Hershey Park twice, but I don't know what else is really there. I don't know of any specific vape friendly establishments, either.

CG89

May 30, 2010
PA,USA

Im from Chambersburg, well about 15 mins outside of Chambersburg. If you use the map that Stephra posted for us I'm in Franklin County right on the border of PA and MD.

emygal

ECF Veteran

Hershey would be super easy for me. I work there for Hershey Entertainment which includes Hersheypark, The Hershey Lodge, The Hotel Hershey, Highmeadow Campground, Hershey Gardens and Museum. They also own the Houlihans and Devons franchises there and a coffee shop by the med center. I am not really sure how vape friendly they are as I haven't really asked and I was the only smoker in my department anyway. I vape in my own office but I figure if no one else is in there who is going to know. I don't walk around the property vaping when I am working because we are open to the public. I do know that all indoor locations, the Gardens, and the Boardwalk and ZooAmerica areas of Hersheypark are entirely smoke free. I can find out how many people are required to secure a group rate to the park if there is serious interest.

Last edited:

rdytoquit

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2010
pennsylvania
Hi,

Nice to see a Pa Group.

I live in a town about 45 minutes northwest of Phila.

I've been vaping using V4L products for the last 3 months.

I would love to know of 'Vape Friendly' places nearby. I don't
have the nerve to even try it in a restaurant. I do vape in malls.
It is not permitted where I work so I have to go outside with
the smokers...I hate that.

AaronB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Bernville Pennsylvania
Hi,

Nice to see a Pa Group.

I live in a town about 45 minutes northwest of Phila.

I've been vaping using V4L products for the last 3 months.

I would love to know of 'Vape Friendly' places nearby. I don't
have the nerve to even try it in a restaurant. I do vape in malls.
It is not permitted where I work so I have to go outside with
the smokers...I hate that.

Great to have you here. Just out of curiosity how's the experience been in the shopping centers? (Any initial problems?) It seems not long ago when they smoke free (thinking 93-95ish) There are a couple of local malls where I live but haven't checked in with the owners/managers regarding pv's.

Last edited:

Stephra

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Pennsylvania
Welcome rdytoquit!

Aaron I remember the days of smoking in the mall vividly. When I was young, the old men would bring their wives to the mall every Saturday night. The women would do their shopping and the old men would cluster on the benches, smoking cigars and pipes and talking about whatever old men talk about. The mall here went non-smoking probably twenty years ago, about the same time the first Walmart came to town. It literally KILLED the mall. A place that used to be prosperous and busy turned into a ghost town.

I vape at our mall and have never been confronted or hassled about it. I'd actually be kind of irritated if anyone gave me a hard time, considering the fact that you can smell that stupid Hollister store from center court! How do they do that? Incense? Dipping the air vent filters in cologne? All I know is that you might smell banana almond two feet from my face, but Hollister you can smell halfway across the mall!

g33k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
North of Pittsburgh, PA
Not sure if this will matter since the topic is malls, but my aunt has worked at a Wal-Mart for many years and I asked her to find out if there would be any issues with it at her store. I explained very well what it was and loaded her up with some business cards w/explanations on the back (we all have them...from every vendor we order from ;) ) and she came back and said that it wouldn't be an issue unless another customer complained about it. The last time I was there I was happily walking around with my V3 clouding up the aisles and got some funny looks, but no one ever said a word!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread