Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
so I was at a coffee shop that had a no smoking/vaping sign on the door but only no smoking signs bolted to the outside tables so I figured I could vape at the tables ar the sidewalk tables.

So I’m sitting there and behind me i hear “hey, you got any :censored:?”

I replied no I was vaping and it was just nicotine. Thing is this is the second time this has happened to me. It seems people associate vaping more with :censored: than they do with cigarettes these days.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
My mom asked me why I quit smoking and started vaping "that stuff". Its crazy that people are making that connection with no reason other than you vape.
There’s always a reason. Finding out what it is is what needs to be done. One thing I’ve noticed is the local vape shop I frequent makes more money off :censored: than they do off nicotine stuff, and they advise their users to use vape equipment to help hide things.

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
so, because of the lack of clarity with the signage you assumed you could vape at the out side tables?
Doesn't sound like it was a problem, NOR anything to do with the OP.
Indoor sign says no smoking/vaping and outdoor sign says no smoking. I would assume the same as the OP :)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I can understand the correlation to the uneducated eye honestly. I think we tend to forget how few average Americans actually know anyone who vapes.

Not only that but the disinformation campaign seems fairly successful..

There was a middle school vaping education seminar that included, among a plethora of other things, telling children that some ejuice could, as well as having that deadly drug nicotine, may also have the other stuff in it..

The way it was worded was almost like if you weren't paying attention, or just randomly buying ejuice, you could potentially be buying the stuff that gets you high - accidentally..

Haha... too funny.

But yeah, stuff like that is why people are making this connection..

Reactions: Falconeer

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
So I’m sitting there and behind me i hear “hey, you got any :censored:?”

I replied no I was vaping and it was just nicotine. Thing is this is the second time this has happened to me. It seems people associate vaping more with :censored: than they do with cigarettes these days.

I read someplace that the start of Vaporizing, was specifically for :censored: .
E-Liquid vaporizing came along later.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I read someplace that the start of Vaporizing, was specifically for :censored: .
E-Liquid vaporizing came along later.
Completely and totally false.

The first designs were from the mid thirties and were quashed by BT. Death (of others) before profit reduction no matter how small. They broke out because a Chinese pharmacist was trying to keep his father from dying from smoking.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Funny a thread about people assuming things, and the fact that the table only said no smoking, sombody ASSumed it it was OK to vape there! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::rolleyes::evil::laugh::facepalm:
Not someone. Me. And I didn’t so much assume it was ok as notice that it wasn’t specifically prohibited. I should also mention that I also noticed that because it was a bright sunny day the front window blinds were down and it would be difficult for the staff to tell there was someone vaping outside unless someone went in and told them. So I took advantage. Did I BELIEVE that it wasn’t considered an issue? No. But I had enough Plausible deniability on my side to be able to get away without repercussion if caught. Plus the rule was stupid. I see no reason to follow the spirit of stupid rules, even when the letter of them is required.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Not someone. Me. And I didn’t so much assume it was ok as notice that it wasn’t specifically prohibited. I should also mention that I also noticed that because it was a bright sunny day the front window blinds were down and it would be difficult for the staff to tell there was someone vaping outside unless someone went in and told them. So I took advantage. Did I BELIEVE that it wasn’t considered an issue? No. But I had enough Plausible deniability on my side to be able to get away without repercussion if caught. Plus the rule was stupid. I see no reason to follow the spirit of stupid rules, even when the letter of them is required.
It's all good, just havin' a lil fun :D

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
Completely and totally false.

The first designs were from the mid thirties and were quashed by BT. Death (of others) before profit reduction no matter how small. They broke out because a Chinese pharmacist was trying to keep his father from dying from smoking.
Ya got a little to literal there .:laugh:
The very first design of vaporizing was not actually the context. More of the 1990's happy steam era. :lol:

• Agree
Reactions: ENAUD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread