Petar K Method with a hybrid Wick

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
rolf.....If you do very tight wraps of the wire (where the wraps of coil are almost touching each other), the coil becomes self cleaning in a sense. Also the smaller the diameter of the wick the cleaner the wick and the coil stay. Also you get more flavor with tighter wraps and thinner wicks. But you have to be careful to make the coil the appropriate ohms since thinner wicks with tight wraps vape much hotter....for example with 2.4mm wicks I make 5-6 wrap coils that are 0.8-1ohms with 28g kanthal wire. With a 2mm wick I make my coils 9 wraps at 1.3 ohms. But the 1.3ohm coil vapes hotter because of less heat sink efffect due to the thinner wick.

rolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
spokane wa
IMG_0031-001.jpg hi edo !
you given me some things to digest !
wound my coils 2.4 mm...will try a smaller diameter next..and closer spacing.
waited 3 month for a ohms module ..allways sold out . so I ordered one from ebay 3.5 inch digital will put that in a small box and place it on top of my desk supply.the supply voltage is 6 to 12 v ,,so I just plug it in my vaping port.
the last coil I wound on 2,4 mm drill draws 2 amps set at 5 v . I think it about right..my cheepo ohm meter is useless on low range.
rolf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread