Not open for further replies.

doglover

Jan 26, 2012
hartlepool
Join DateJan 2012LocationhartlepoolPosts10
[h=2]
icon1.png
[/h]
hi ..im new to vaping and have been using green smoke . i was fine for a few days .. then the problems began !at first it was well ..pardon but breaking wind . a bit embarrising been a lady .. i thought its just until i get used to it .. but no . things got worse MUCH worse .. are you ready ???? heart burn severe .. indigestion severe ,,, tummy rumbling so loud then tummy cramps so painful i thought i was going to pass out . real dry skin then the worst ..i got a huge painful blister on my back ..like id been burnt with something ..iv stopped the green smoke and im looking for justVG based product . i know the cigs will kill me eventually but using PG will kill me quicker !!! may i add that i do have allergies but didnt know i was allergic to PG as i wasnt tested for it .. im allergic to nickel .. metabisulphites ... and E numbers 221- 227 ..​

FAAmecanic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
Crestview, FL

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
Last edited:

Corpa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
California
i was a smoker for 30 years and sorry dont believe they are side affects of quitting real cigs !

I didn't quite believe all were symptoms of quitting myself UNTIL I ended up in the ER with symptoms of a heart attack last Tuesday. As it turned out it was Gerd and a sensitivity to VG (which I found out by testing 100% PG and 100% VG.)

However the x-ray tech started questioning me, when I mentioned I stopped smoking 2 weeks ago he said "I thought so, in my 30 years I have seen more people who have stopped smoking with the same type of symptoms." And then he proceeded to ask me if I have experienced excess throat phlegm, headaches, sneezing, muscle aches and of course he already knew I was experiencing severe stomach problems, chest pain, left arm pain. BTW, the x-ray tech stated he smokes a pack a day.

I was prescribed Nexium and the majority of my problems went away. The remaining problems did when I switched to a higher PG.

To my knowledge eCigs weren't around 30 years ago so... YES, I definitely believe some people will experience some if not all symptoms from stopping analogs. :2c:

I highly suggest going to see your doctor to make sure something else isn't going on.

ETA... I was a 40 year/1 pad smoker!

Last edited:

Trucapri

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
North Carolina
I agree with Corpa . . . I smoked 40 years+, averaging more than a PAD and went through the same issues about two weeks in. Since I never went 2 full weeks without analogs before, I can't speak on there being any difference between quitting cold turkey and quitting with e-cig support, but there is plenty of testimony on ECF that these symptoms are to be expected and will go away once your body has adjusted.

I have severe nasal allergies, pollen, molds, dust-mites, and the like and I've found vaping has increased my nasal congestion (although it could be abnormal weather conditions for this time of year and not vaping) . . . but not to the point of going back to smoking!! Sometimes you just have to persevere for improved health . . . no pain, no gain, as they say!

Good luck!!!!!!!

LXXVI

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Minneapolis, MN

doglover

Jan 26, 2012
hartlepool
I understand what everyone is saying about giving up the real cigs being the cause ! but i could not continue vaping i was so ill .. i would of thought 2 months vaping would of given me enough time to get used to e cigs .. my symptoms were getting drasticly worse by the day to the point i couldnt eat or sleep .. so thankyou everyone but im not convinced thats the problem .. im going to try VG and stay away from PG

Myriad Dark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Las Vegas
PG is one of the many additives used in the production of tobacco so you've already been exposing your body to it as a smoker. Perhaps using a higher concentration PG liquid is highlighting a sensitivity you have to it. As others have said I would recommend trying a 100% VG mix to see if that alleviates your problems. If it doesn't, then you should see your doctor as it may be an allergic reaction. A person's health is very important and a computer is a poor healthcare provider.

Aunt Cranky

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Chicagoland
There are a ton of great VG only juice vendors out there. Intellicig makes some of the best "base" out there, and I know that Annette a Virgin Vapor makes up some of her juice on that base (it's very good - I like VV buttercream mint quite a bit). If you're in the UK, you can order juice from Intellicig (as they are based in the UK). I really like their menthol juice flavors quite a bit. It is a bit costly, but worth it if you're having sensitivity issues with other e-liquid.
I had problems with some juice when I quit analogs. The various juices with "chocolate" flavors, "bakery" flavors (cookie, cake, etc.) gave me a lot of mouth and throat irritation. That's how the PG sensitivity manifests for me - I get mouth ulcers and a sore throat from it. I've found my "sweet spot" with PG blends, and that's around 30 - 40% PG. Anything higher than that and I get irritation. I tend to shy away from a lot of darker juice or anything with added "sweetener".
The "down side" of vaping 100% VG is that some of the juice is very thick, and can clog up cartos and burn out attys quickly unless you clean them reglarly.
The obvious "up" side is that you're vaping and not puffing on an analog.
Another thing I've discovered in my now 2+ years of vaping is that the atty/cart that you're using can make a difference. Once those become clogged with burnt juice, that can also cause throat irritation and coughing,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread