Not open for further replies.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
ugh...

pat's, genos, tony lukes... i honestly don't know how these places stay in business let alone get rave reviews. i've had one cheese steak at each place and they're the only three in philly i'll never go back to. i'm not a stop at one cheese steak type of guy and lived nearly my whole life in and around philly. 33 years in that city. i actually bought 2 at genos but never made it through the first one. disgusting IMO.

i think maybe tourists get themselves nestled deep into the wrong part of town and are scared to get out of the car at a place with decent food then wind up in an open area with bright lights and stop at the brightly colored signs.

honestly, get off I-95 at girard or allegheny avenues and go to the first local joint you find and you'll get better food all day long.

or if you're a sam's club member, while you're in town, stop at sams club and get the 10 pound white box of cheese steaks and a block of pre-sliced new yorker brand american cheese then stop somewhere and pick yourself up as many amaroso rolls (foot long hard rolls, not the ones in the deli case in a plastic bag) as you can take. then grill yourself up your own cheese steaks. or pick up some chip steak from a local butcher, the best pound of american cheese you can find and those same amaroso rolls. you'll be better off.

i'd love to meet up with you and show you the ropes. unfortunately, we just recently moved to maryland. before we started vaping, too, so i can't even point you in the right direction for that stuff. never even thought of it when i was home.

sorry to be so down. it just pains me to think some people actually think these guys are serving what people in philly actually consider to be a cheese steak. whiz wit?!?!?!? what the heck is that? that's not cheese....

jrenae4

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
ES, MD
My wife and I were talking about taking a day trip to Philly for the day sometime this spring to hit the Vape shops. It would be cool to meet some other vaping people out there. Maybe help us around the city or just meet up somewhere (Tony Lukes) for lunch..... Let me know what you think.

Philly is so fun! My sister and I like to go for concerts, food, bars, etc. A vape shop there just showed up in my search the other day. Unfortunately where I live there is only one, and it's pretty dismal...

jrenae4

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
ES, MD
i'd love to meet up with you and show you the ropes. unfortunately, we just recently moved to maryland. before we started vaping, too, so i can't even point you in the right direction for that stuff. never even thought of it when i was home.

sorry to be so down. it just pains me to think some people actually think these guys are serving what people in philly actually consider to be a cheese steak. whiz wit?!?!?!? what the heck is that? that's not cheese....

Hi from another Marylander! I feel like I don't see too many of those on here..:D

Denney Coning

Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Dover, Delaware, United States
ugh...

pat's, genos, tony lukes... i honestly don't know how these places stay in business let alone get rave reviews. i've had one cheese steak at each place and they're the only three in philly i'll never go back to. i'm not a stop at one cheese steak type of guy and lived nearly my whole life in and around philly. 33 years in that city. i actually bought 2 at genos but never made it through the first one. disgusting IMO.

i think maybe tourists get themselves nestled deep into the wrong part of town and are scared to get out of the car at a place with decent food then wind up in an open area with bright lights and stop at the brightly colored signs.

honestly, get off I-95 at girard or allegheny avenues and go to the first local joint you find and you'll get better food all day long.

or if you're a sam's club member, while you're in town, stop at sams club and get the 10 pound white box of cheese steaks and a block of pre-sliced new yorker brand american cheese then stop somewhere and pick yourself up as many amaroso rolls (foot long hard rolls, not the ones in the deli case in a plastic bag) as you can take. then grill yourself up your own cheese steaks. or pick up some chip steak from a local butcher, the best pound of american cheese you can find and those same amaroso rolls. you'll be better off.

I completely agree with you about pats and genos but I have to disagree about Tony Lukes. I am from Delaware where we have tons of options when it comes to cheesesteaks and Tony Lukes blows them all away. When I was younger if we had nothing to do. Driving the hour to Philly was worth just getting it.

Denney Coning

Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Philly is so fun! My sister and I like to go for concerts, food, bars, etc. A vape shop there just showed up in my search the other day. Unfortunately where I live there is only one, and it's pretty dismal...

We have one about to open about 30 minutes from us in Delaware but we found a few in Philly so we figured it would be worth the trip. It's only a little over an hour anyways.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Hi from another Marylander! I feel like I don't see too many of those on here..:D

there's definitely a few. at least one in your neck of the woods that goes by the screen name MD_boater or something similar. pretty sure he's in OCMD. i'm completely on the other end of the state in charles county, myself.

I completely agree with you about pats and genos but I have to disagree about Tony Lukes. I am from Delaware where we have tons of options when it comes to cheesesteaks and Tony Lukes blows them all away. When I was younger if we had nothing to do. Driving the hour to Philly was worth just getting it.

at least we share one love. enjoy.

baseballmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
SE PA
sincemylastcigarette.com
Rossum-you are from Montgomery county-lucky you hiding in florida-it's aweful cold up here !!! wow-another local vaper found on ecf! couple stores opened on south street-love vape is one, not all too sure the others-...also got worlds finest in Bridgeport pa and liberty in Phoenixville(both philly suburbs)-hope you(op) have fun trip in Philly-could be a very fun day of vape shoppe hopping for you guys!

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
lucky you hiding in florida-it's aweful cold up here
It was cold down here too. I mean, I was actually wearing long pants and shoes for a bit. Not today though. :D

also got worlds finest in Bridgeport pa
Yup, when I'm in PA, I stop there once a week whether I really need anything or not. Good people and I really like a few of their juices.

HumphreyBogart11490

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Royersford, Pa, USA
I'm from Montgomery County too, but I almost have to spread my words of opinion on the local B&Ms. If you want excellent juice, that keeps well and is priced decently go to liberty vapor, but don't even think about buying anything else, their prices are outrageous. Also the guys there will answer any question you have, like literally anything

on the other hand, if you want cheap tanks, moda and such, go to world's finest, but when another customer walks through the door prepare to be pushed to the side and forgotten about, to the point that you walk out with nothing. IMHO the customer service at Worlds finest is way way below par. if im not rockin some kind of crazy mod or a provari, i might as well machine the parts myself, and make my own juice to boot. hell, id prolly get it faster.

sorry, just needed to rant because these two places are both lacking in their own ways and i feel like fellow vapors be warned. i wish a new shop woud open that not only had good prices, but carried good USA made in house juice too. perhaps ill ust have to do it on my own to get what i believe is the customer service and knowledge vapors deserve when they walk into a shop.

baseballmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
SE PA
sincemylastcigarette.com
sorry you had a bad experience...I had a great time at wf and it was like packed(a Friday night). Leah took the time to deal with me individually and answer all my questions(many and varied being pretty new at the time to vaping), suggested an mvp after considering my wants/needs-I like a dodo said no I don't like the shape-lol now I got one and another on the way. Many people were at tasting area having a good old time sampling many different flavors. Leah showed me her provari but didn't push a sale with me, just said she liked and why, and they cost more, but she finds it worth it-not pompous or pretentious at all. She didn't rush me at all even though they could have used another 1-2 people behind the counters that night. I get most my stuff online since cheaper, but wish I could get down there more-they were helpful and just pretty darn cool, friendly, nice people to me. Are there any other Montco shops yet? we could use one in the Lansdale area, but if you open one in RF-get the word out so we can check it out too:)-wouldn't be too far away.

Denney Coning

Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Welcome to the forums Denny!
I was not aware that there *were* any vape shops in philly!!! In any case, I am glad there's another Delawarean on here, our numbers are finally starting to grow a smidge.

You never know, perhaps in six months or so, you could help set up a vape meet right in town!

Where are you from?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Denney Coning

Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
I'm from Montgomery County too, but I almost have to spread my words of opinion on the local B&Ms. If you want excellent juice, that keeps well and is priced decently go to liberty vapor, but don't even think about buying anything else, their prices are outrageous. Also the guys there will answer any question you have, like literally anything

on the other hand, if you want cheap tanks, moda and such, go to world's finest, but when another customer walks through the door prepare to be pushed to the side and forgotten about, to the point that you walk out with nothing. IMHO the customer service at Worlds finest is way way below par. if im not rockin some kind of crazy mod or a provari, i might as well machine the parts myself, and make my own juice to boot. hell, id prolly get it faster.

sorry, just needed to rant because these two places are both lacking in their own ways and i feel like fellow vapors be warned. i wish a new shop woud open that not only had good prices, but carried good USA made in house juice too. perhaps ill ust have to do it on my own to get what i believe is the customer service and knowledge vapors deserve when they walk into a shop.

We made a trip to liberty today. Very impressed. They went out of their way to make us feel at home. Even got some gifts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread