Pie Crust Flavoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
Upland, California, United States
My question is what do people use to enhance a pie crust flavor? I've tasted some companies juices that have a very flaky buttery crust flavor present, so there must be some DIY trick out there to make this possible?

Is is tweaking FA's cookie, with Cap's Cinnamon Danish, and a tad of Cap's Waffle?

What mixture of things have you all come up with to enhance a pie crust flavor in your favorite pie recipe?

and

why isn't their a Pie Crust flavoring? You would think someone would already have came out with that by now... :facepalm:

Reactions: LeeLee26

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
My question is what do people use to enhance a pie crust flavor? I've tasted some companies juices that have a very flaky buttery crust flavor present, so there must be some DIY trick out there to make this possible?

Is is tweaking FA's cookie, with Cap's Cinnamon Danish, and a tad of Cap's Waffle?

What mixture of things have you all come up with to enhance a pie crust flavor in your favorite pie recipe?

and why isn't their a Pie Crust flavoring? You would think someone would already have came out with that by now... :facepalm:

TFA has a Pie Crust flavor. It's okay, sorta bland to me though.

When I want a really savory crust flavor, I use FA's Apple Pie. The flavor by itself is mostly great-tasting crust, really rich. The apple in it is pretty weak. If you add any fruit to about 2% FA Apple Pie, the effect is to add great crust to your fruit flavor (you won't even taste the apple). I know it works great with berries or peach. Adding your favorite apple and a little cinnamon makes a great apple pie, of course! Oh - TFA Brown Sugar Extra, just a little bit like 1% or less, will make pies taste more baked, by the way.

Reactions: LeeLee26

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
TFA has a Pie Crust flavor. It's okay, sorta bland to me though.

When I want a really savory crust flavor, I use FA's Apple Pie. The flavor by itself is mostly great-tasting crust, really rich. The apple in it is pretty weak. If you add any fruit to about 2% FA Apple Pie, the effect is to add great crust to your fruit flavor (you won't even taste the apple). I know it works great with berries or peach. Adding your favorite apple and a little cinnamon makes a great apple pie, of course! Oh - TFA Brown Sugar Extra, just a little bit like 1% or less, will make pies taste more baked, by the way.

Wow! Awesome tip, thank you so much! :D I've been spicing everything with eggnogg, I'll grab some brown sugar! Also, when you do apple pie, what apple flavoring do you tend to use? I tried FW double apple...it's not the right apple for pie for me :/

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
I've been spicing everything with eggnogg, I'll grab some brown sugar! Also, when you do apple pie, what apple flavoring do you tend to use? I tried FW double apple...it's not the right apple for pie for me :/

LOL - that's my favorite one for apple pie. Maybe you'll like it combined with the mild apple flavor in FA's Apple Pie. 2% Apple Pie, 2% FW Double Apple to start with, 1% or less TFA Brown Sugar Extra, maybe a little cinnamon... And if you like eggnog (I loooove the stuff, adding 1% FA Vienna Cream would be like a creamy apple pie.... or 1.5% for apple pie eggnog. Or forget the pie and vape plain eggnog (2.5% Vienna Cream...spices and/or Jamaican Rum optional) Dang, now I'm kinda hungry.

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
LOL - that's my favorite one for apple pie. Maybe you'll like it combined with the mild apple flavor in FA's Apple Pie. 2% Apple Pie, 2% FW Double Apple to start with, 1% or less TFA Brown Sugar Extra, maybe a little cinnamon... And if you like eggnog (I loooove the stuff, adding 1% FA Vienna Cream would be like a creamy apple pie.... or 1.5% for apple pie eggnog. Or forget the pie and vape plain eggnog (2.5% Vienna Cream...spices and/or Jamaican Rum optional) Dang, now I'm kinda hungry.
Thank you for all the help and suggestions! :D

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
I've found the Holy Grail of pie crust!

It's from Ooo(One on One Flavors).

When I say it taste like you just made homeade pie crust down to the smallest details- I mean it. Delicious! It is also very strong and only needed in a fairly small percentage to add to your Apple Pie Recipes. I haven't had ample amounts of steeping time as of yet- so I'm not sure if it'll fade into the backround, get stronger, or stay the same in my mix- but for being a very fresh mixed Pie Crust, I am ever so happy! Now all I need is a tad of that brown sugar suggested earlier! Woo hoooo!! :D

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
I was going to say TFA Pie Crust has 1 of the Big "A" chemicals in it but it looks like you've found what your lookin for.

Yes, it is much better than the TFA! I kind of did a side by side. TFA Pie Crust doesn't really taste like pie crust to me, but the Ooo Pie Crust is hands down Marie Callendar Pie Crust. (best comparison of delicious Pie Crust I could think of lol). :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread