The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Pila charger question

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by RickMc, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. oplholik

oplholik ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

It's with all my different batts. Granted some of my batts are older, but all batts are less than a year old, except for a couple of TF's. Most are AW's, and having new batts doesn't seem to make a difference. Except for the TF's, all my batts charge just fine on the Xtar.

2. Jeann

Jeann Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    The Netherlands
    tyvm for your replay. thought maybe the 14500 were too short for the Pila, but i also use some magnet spacers so they fit propperly this way, or that the magnets influence the charging process...dunno just random thinking...well, have a new Pila on the way and also orderd an Xtar to be sure :) well, have to wait till they arrive to see how things will work out. thank you again.

3. markfm

markfm Aussie Pup Wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    One thing to try is to unplug the charger then clean the battery and charger contacts with a pencil eraser. Sometimes you can build up a bit of junk/oil on contacts.

4. Jeann

Mar 16, 2011
    The Netherlands
    oh that one i didn't heard of so far, i cleaned all contactpoints in the Pila, both ends of the batteries and the magnet spacers with cottontips dipped i vodka...hmm, wonder if i even have a pencil eraser that still isn't dyed out, nowadays with the computer... :D

5. oplholik

As stated above, pencil erasers work great for cleaning contacts.

6. Jeann

Mar 16, 2011
    The Netherlands
    hehe, never new, gonna try that! ty

7. Unforeseen

Unforeseen Admin
    Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved from Mod Discussion to E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion..

8. oplholik

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.