Status
Not open for further replies.

mariahpoo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oroville
I hope I have come to the right place. I would like to buy or make a pipe e-cig for my husband. I know when I looked them up a year ago They were $200+ to buy. And I understand that a lot of these things are hand made out of wood here in the USA... so I have no problem with the price really. But as everyone does I would like to know if any of you have hint on where to get a good price/best price for one. And or how hard would it be to make one? I am quite crafty. I can widdle wood. Is the actual parts part hard? Or can I somehow make just a cosmetic shell for existing e-cig parts? I figured that the general mod forum would be a good place to start on these questions.

duckie_44

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2011
DFW-TX
Mmmmm.....where to start..."They are $200+"...Like the man said "you get what you pay for"..."good price/bestprice".......At the source is the place. FYI:www.madvapes.com is selling a Acrylic E-Pipe,the "Diablo" for $60.00.

"How hard would it be to make one?"...Do you have a drill(drill press would be better),a hand full of bits..7/8;3/4;etc? Can you solder? Do you know anything about wireing?....and a hundred more questions?....your "crafty"...so,yes you can make one...It's just a 3.7volt mod.

"Parts part hard"?....www.madvapes.com...has most ever thing you would need...Here is a thought...madvapes sells a 510 Box Mod Kit for $9.00, if you not sure where to start..this would be a good place...No?...then do this, go to website and look at the instructions for building the kits, and check out the rest of site, to see what they have...

Still have you heart set on a pipe....Take the "way-back-time-machine" in this forum,and the battery sub,this forum, and look at ever past thread on e-pipes to get some idea about what you will have to know,do.

Mariahpoo...you can do this..."your crafty"....Also.... Does that hubby of yours know what a great gal you are?...Well go tell him......

Hope this helps in some way....

mariahpoo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oroville
Mmmmm.....where to start..."They are $200+"...Like the man said "you get what you pay for"..."good price/bestprice".......At the source is the place. FYI:Madvapes LLC - E Cigarettes, Electronic Cigarettes, Vaping Supplies is selling a Acrylic E-Pipe,the "Diablo" for $60.00.

"How hard would it be to make one?"...Do you have a drill(drill press would be better),a hand full of bits..7/8;3/4;etc? Can you solder? Do you know anything about wireing?....and a hundred more questions?....your "crafty"...so,yes you can make one...It's just a 3.7volt mod.

"Parts part hard"?....http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/www.madvapes.com...has most ever thing you would need...Here is a thought...madvapes sells a 510 Box Mod Kit for $9.00, if you not sure where to start..this would be a good place...No?...then do this, go to website and look at the instructions for building the kits, and check out the rest of site, to see what they have...

Still have you heart set on a pipe....Take the "way-back-time-machine" in this forum,and the battery sub,this forum, and look at ever past thread on e-pipes to get some idea about what you will have to know,do.

Mariahpoo...you can do this..."your crafty"....Also.... Does that hubby of yours know what a great gal you are?...Well go tell him......

Hope this helps in some way....

Okay that Diablo is pretty sick for the price. I might end up just making a wooden case latter and buying the guts for it. We doo have wood working tools. I also found a couple of people who hand make them. Thank you for all you advice! :) And yes my husband knows how lucky he is... for this and many other reasons. But I am a lucky Woman to have him too! :)

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Okay that Diablo is pretty sick for the price. I might end up just making a wooden case latter and buying the guts for it. We doo have wood working tools. I also found a couple of people who hand make them. Thank you for all you advice! :) And yes my husband knows how lucky he is... for this and many other reasons. But I am a lucky Woman to have him too! :)

If you want a quality hand made pipe, Hand-Crafted ePipes, custom made personal vaping devices from ePipeMods.com ...more than just an eCig is where I got mine from. Matt is a real nice guy and I highly recommend the long bottom leaf juice. I recommend them cause they use a magnetic top button. Looks, feels and works great. Many styles to choose from if you are not that mechanically savvy.
Dan

Phantom309

ECF Veteran
I saw one of these e-pipes last night and fell in love with it, I'm going to have one of these one day. In the mean time though I'm going to try and make me one out of some pecan wood I have.

Now that I have all this free time on my hands since I'm not smoking analogs no more, I'm trying to stay busy.

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
Just to bounce a bit off of Dan's post, epipemods offers that snazzy magnetic top cap/switch separately. I think that is one feature, other than the awesome craft work that Matt produces, that makes those pipes desirable to me. I have one of the early v2 Bulldogs. Works great, and has circuit protection in the form of a tiny fuse. Definitely keep protection in mind if making these things on your own. There is a great thread about crafting your own e-pipe from a tobacco pipe somewhere in the mods section, I just have to try and hunt it down. Uses the same basic structure as epipmods. Do a quick scan of the older threads, you'll find it I'm sure.

Phantom309

ECF Veteran
awesome! thank you for sharing TBinAZ, I will definitely do some searching for it. Right now I'm letting my pecan wood dry out as it rained here the other day.

It's going to be a huge learning curve for me as I'm a wrench bender and not real good with circuits and all that stuff. I have an understanding of them, and I feel confident I can make it happen.

Matt does awesome work. I've already decided that one of his pipes is gonna be his 1 year analog free present to myself.

Thank you for letting me know, it's gonna be awesome! I'll post pictures of the building, finished product, and use.

mariahpoo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oroville
If you want a quality hand made pipe, Hand-Crafted ePipes, custom made personal vaping devices from ePipeMods.com ...more than just an eCig is where I got mine from. Matt is a real nice guy and I highly recommend the long bottom leaf juice. I recommend them cause they use a magnetic top button. Looks, feels and works great. Many styles to choose from if you are not that mechanically savvy.
Dan

I have been wondering about that juice. What does it taste like???

PipeandTrilby

Dec 11, 2011
United Kingdom
I Think this is the right place to post this!

The Churchwarden Style E pipe - YouTube

This is my latest Weekend Invention - although it took me several weekends to complete. I was fed up of scouring the internet waiting for someone to invent a Churchwarden/Gandalf style "long" E-pipe, so I decided to create one myself!

It is constructed from a wooden bowl i crafted myself, a long piece of thin metal tubing bent to the stem shape, an 18350 battery, battery terminal for the bottom terminal and a piece of PCB with a switch on the top of the bowl. The atomizer connection was taken from a very old 510 battery that i obtained when i first started vaping. I took my trusty dremel and cut an inch off the top and removed all the innards, soldered two cables (STP) onto it, chucked the cables down the piping and sealed the connector in with hot glue. Sprayed it black as a darker colour hides the imperfections in the sculpting of the stem.

Tested it out in its first proper outing at the Premier of the Hobbit. It was a resounding success, and I had a few enquiries as well!

I know the quality is pants and I had a watermark on the bottom of the screen. I will produce a better, more in depth video when i sort out my webcam. Hoping to add it to my instructables too when I get some time to myself :)

Last edited:

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
I found a video showing a tobacco pipe that is modded with an eGo switch mariahpoo. It's only like 5 mins long and is a bit elaborate with the parts used, but came out pretty nice. The battery setup had me scratching my head, but then I realized it can be charged using an eGo USB charger. Duh.

DIY E-Pipe Mod - YouTube

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
Kind of hard to describe their juices exactly. You would really need to order a sampler pack to experience it. Long Bottom Leaf is still one of my favorite juices. Oak Barrel Cider is a close second, but I like all of their juices. Very unique.

I have been wondering about that juice. What does it taste like???

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
It has an auto switch and LED's, so it is not really mechanical.

If the negative from the battery extends up through the body (a metal sleeve running all the way through) then the Kick would work. If it has just a battery cap with threaded insert and a wire carries the negative to the switch, then you would need to run some sort of wire to the negative spring of the Kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread