Place a round toothpick.....when topping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZooKansas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Kansas City, MO USA
I've been doing this with toilet paper with my Boges. Strip a small section of toilet paper, and roll it until it is tight enough to fit through the center hole, thread it through the center, and then add juice. Works perfectly everytime. Excess is absorbed and then the piece of gunky TP is thrown away.

HeatherBee

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2011
Northwest AR, USA
Good idea...I haven't done that but I use a toothpick to get more juice in my carts that have polyfill too. Once it's pooling up on the top you insert the toothpick between the wall & polyfill, gently pull up until you see the juice soak down (it happens instantly) then just push it back down & see if you can get a little bit more in. Gets em super full this way :)

atomizer mizer

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
USofA, Alabama
I forgot to mention this works the best if your using the condom method to fill cartomizers. sorry to bring back an otherwise dead thread.

When filling a carto place a round toothpick in the center hole to keep the juice in the filler material. This prevents the juice from flowing thru the center of the cart and being wasted. This works well for topping off the cartos.
regards,
Atomizer Mizer

Last edited:

Standpoint

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2011
South St. Paul, MN
Now I'm confused. If you plug the air canal that the liquid would go through with a toothpick when using the condom method, then how would the liquid get into the cartomizer stuffing? It makes sense to me to stick the toothpick into the inner whole of the carto after removing the two plastic peices on the mouth end, and then dripping liquid in via the mouth end. This way, the liquid would go directly into the stuffing, without any liquid getting into the air canal.

atomizer mizer

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
USofA, Alabama
That is the magic of plugging the center and using the condom. The juice is forced to saturate the filler material to the max from the bottom up. No additional juice can be added by spinning because the filler material has been completly saturated and all trapped air replaced with juice. Give it a try, you will be surprised.

With the hole not plugged you are relying on the juice to move up thru the middle and then drain down into the filler material. Without the toothpick additional juice can always be added because the air is still trapped in the filler.

Now I'm confused. If you plug the air canal that the liquid would go through with a toothpick when using the condom method, then how would the liquid get into the cartomizer stuffing? It makes sense to me to stick the toothpick into the inner whole of the carto after removing the two plastic peices on the mouth end, and then dripping liquid in via the mouth end. This way, the liquid would go directly into the stuffing, without any liquid getting into the air canal.

Last edited:

atomizer mizer

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
USofA, Alabama
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread